THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 8 of 11 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#496960 - 03/20/09 07:20 PM Re: Montesano NOF Meeting--Sportsmen Wants!!!! [Re: eyeFISH]
Rocket Red Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Elma
Originally Posted By: fishNphysician
Originally Posted By: Eric

This email is to inform you that we have scheduled a meeting next Tuesday, March 24th, at the Montesano City Hall from 6-8pm to finalize those discussions. Our acting Director, Phil Anderson, will be there for the discussions.

At which time I will show how Region 6 attempted to disguise the true Chehalis chinook impact of a retention fishery in the bay.

More details on MEGA PM tonight.

Crap! I want to be there to see the fireworks, but I have a land use hearing at the exact same time.

That sucks.

#496990 - 03/20/09 08:31 PM Re: Montesano NOF Meeting--Sportsmen Wants!!!! [Re: Rocket Red]
steely slammer Online   content
Three Time Spawner

i want in mega pm tonight

mainly region 6

#497009 - 03/20/09 10:08 PM Re: Montesano NOF Meeting--Sportsmen Wants!!!! [Re: steely slammer]
fp Offline
Old Duffer

Loc: Hoquiam,WA.USA
Ya, come on over and see the sporties battle the sporties!

Let'em all go and give them to the Indians. Somebody will
get the 500 or so. Who will it be?

fp

#497022 - 03/20/09 10:34 PM Re: Montesano NOF Meeting--Sportsmen Wants!!!! [Re: fp]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

They're gonna take everything that comes to them regardless.

Are you suggesting we just add another another "500 or so" to the carnage?

Yeah... let's just kill 'em all, that way NONE of them end up in a tribal net. beathead

"If you don't kill them, they will spawn." (Carcassman)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#497023 - 03/20/09 10:39 PM Re: Montesano NOF Meeting--Sportsmen Wants!!!! [Re: eyeFISH]
fish4brains Offline
Dah Rivah Stinkah Pink Mastah

Loc: zipper
GDITMMM

#497024 - 03/20/09 10:40 PM Re: Montesano NOF Meeting--Sportsmen Wants!!!! [Re: fp]
fish4brains Offline

Originally Posted By: fp
Ya, come on over and see the sporties battle the sporties!

Let'em all go and give them to the Indians. Somebody will
get the 500 or so. Who will it be?

fp

Did you forget where the meeting was yesterday?

#497031 - 03/20/09 11:16 PM Re: Montesano NOF Meeting--Sportsmen Wants!!!! [Re: fish4brains]
Three Time Spawner

so why couldnt wdfw finnish it in oly yesterday???? what was the hold up?

mainly region 6

#497040 - 03/21/09 12:06 AM Re: Montesano NOF Meeting--Sportsmen Wants!!!! [Re: steely slammer]
fish4brains Offline

Got hung up on how 500 "surplus" kings will be whacked.

#497041 - 03/21/09 12:18 AM Re: Montesano NOF Meeting--Sportsmen Wants!!!! [Re: steely slammer]
fp Offline
Old Duffer

I could care less about killing a King in Grays Harbor. Just as soon have it closed to King harvest but, have a lot local buddies that would like to harvest one before the Indians "get them all".

So, we have some of the upriver guys wanting them, some of the bay guys wanting them and some guys that want them all to spawn and the tribe that wants to kill them all. Who's gonna win? I don't have a clue! I just want to be able to go fishing near home and hope to catch a fish for the kids, grandkids and my wife and a bunch of our friends. Love to have a Silver or two for the smoker to give away as my wife and I don't eat fish.

There is no where I have ever said I want to kill the Kings there but what I would like to do is not give any to the Indians but I know that is never gonna happen in my life time.

fp

#497043 - 03/21/09 12:27 AM Re: Montesano NOF Meeting--Sportsmen Wants!!!! [Re: fp]
Three Time Spawner

i aint going to be shy about it i want them!!!! the nets will get theres no matter what so i say up river for a change..

mainly region 6

#497045 - 03/21/09 12:34 AM Re: Montesano NOF Meeting--Sportsmen Wants!!!! [Re: fp]
fish4brains Offline

I could care less about killing a King in Grays Harbor. Just as soon have it closed to King harvest but, have a lot local buddies that would like to harvest one before the Indians "get them all".
fp

We have to "clean up our own backyard" first. Set an example, do the right thing, two wrongs don't make a right, etc...

if you post it, they will come

If you have a king season MORE will come. Up to 300 boats per day more.

The 500 "surplus" kings should be used as impact to further the abundant coho fishery, not to justify a 2-4 week king season where we could repeat the 2006 bloodbath where over 300 were taken the first day, no steps were taken to monitor the numbers to not go over, and we ended up killing over 1065.

#497048 - 03/21/09 12:39 AM Re: Montesano NOF Meeting--Sportsmen Wants!!!! [Re: steely slammer]
fish4brains Offline

Originally Posted By: steely slammer
i aint going to be shy about it i want them!!!! the nets will get theres no matter what so i say up river for a change..

It will be a milestone when our thinking evolves into proactivity.

#497050 - 03/21/09 12:40 AM Re: Montesano NOF Meeting--Sportsmen Wants!!!! [Re: fish4brains]
fp Offline
Old Duffer

Now there's the most intelligent post I have ever made!

fp

#497052 - 03/21/09 12:52 AM Re: Montesano NOF Meeting--Sportsmen Wants!!!! [Re: fp]
Three Time Spawner

i figured my post would get a good phrase of wisdom from you shawn or someone..

mainly region 6

#497143 - 03/21/09 08:42 PM Re: Montesano NOF Meeting--Sportsmen Wants!!!! [Re: steely slammer]
superfly Offline
The Renegade White Man

Loc: The Coast or the Keys !!!
its going to be fun in Monte on Tuesday night, we will see how the salmon mafia has tried to buy the WDFW off on the 500 kings on the CHEHALIS SIDE !!
Lets keep in mind that these are Kings from the Chehalis part of the Basin, not the Humptulips part of the Basin. As determined by our committee and the WDFW in our previous meetings.

Peace
Fly

Edited by superfly (03/21/09 10:32 PM)

360-888-7772

Stay Tuned for upcoming Hunts & Fishing info...........

New website & Channel Dropping soon !

Stay tuned for Turkey, Bear & Deer Hunts Along with Guided Sport Fishing.

Book Release Prior to Christmas 2021

#497144 - 03/21/09 08:43 PM Re: Montesano NOF Meeting--Sportsmen Wants!!!! [Re: fish4brains]
FireFish Offline
Fry

Loc: Puyallup
Originally Posted By: fish4brains
fp

We have to "clean up our own backyard" first. Set an example, do the right thing, two wrongs don't make a right, etc...

If you have a king season MORE will come. Up to 300 boats per day more.

The 500 "surplus" kings should be used as impact to further the abundant coho fishery, not to justify a 2-4 week king season where we could repeat the 2006 bloodbath where over 300 were taken the first day, no steps were taken to monitor the numbers to not go over, and we ended up killing over 1065.

Thankyou F4B. For those that think we a Fighting Sporties againts Sporties in an effort to see who gets 500 fish, you need to think a little more outside the box. Bottom line is we are fighting for change, just as we have done for the past 5 years. We fianlly have an opportunity for a change in ideology on how are fisheries are managed. This isn't about justy going out and seeing who get to bonk some extra chinook. This is hopfully forcing change in how we set season, on the overall recreational side to lesson the impacts on the species of fish in the most trouble. If we are successful, we are heading in the right direction for the future of our fisheries and then building on our small victories this year. Again, it's not about who gets to bonk 500 fish. If that's all you hear, you need to open your eyes. Show up in Monte. If you can support this movement and can maintain your composure, speak in favor of the process. If you think yelling and arguing is the answer, then perhaps just stay quite. There are a number of good things happing to finally unite Sporties, but In-Fighting over 500 fish and who gets to take'm with out having a more global perspective will get you no where but frustrated and also display distrust to those who are watching our group..
See you there....

FireFish...

#497161 - 03/21/09 10:33 PM Re: Montesano NOF Meeting--Sportsmen Wants!!!! [Re: FireFish]
superfly Offline
The Renegade White Man

Loc: The Coast or the Keys !!!
Just for you Doc !!!

Big Fun in Monte Tuesday night !!!!

Peace
Fly

360-888-7772

Stay Tuned for upcoming Hunts & Fishing info...........

New website & Channel Dropping soon !

Stay tuned for Turkey, Bear & Deer Hunts Along with Guided Sport Fishing.

Book Release Prior to Christmas 2021

#497348 - 03/23/09 10:59 AM Re: Montesano NOF Meeting--Sportsmen Wants!!!! [Re: superfly]
Phoenix77 Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Kent, WA
I hope you guys will attend the SB5127 Hearings in Olympia, tomorrow. If SB5127 passes your efforts in GH will prove futile anyway.
But the best of luck to you all at the GH's meeting, every little win helps.

If you must burn our flag, Please! wrap yourself in it.
Puget Sound Anglers, So. King Co.
CCA SeaTac Chapter

I love my country but fear my government

#497507 - 03/24/09 12:53 AM Re: Montesano NOF Meeting--Sportsmen Wants!!!! [Re: Phoenix77]
FireFish Offline
Fry

Loc: Puyallup
I will be at both locations for both, very important meetings. What else does a Firemen do on his days off but attend meetings, Oh and fish every once in a while... wink

FireFish...

#497617 - 03/24/09 06:18 PM Re: Montesano NOF Meeting--Sportsmen Wants!!!! [Re: FireFish]
Misguided Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: SWWA
I'll be there in Monte tonite. Hope to meet some of yous guys that do the talkin for many of us that can't. Jim Sr.

2nd Generation Army Veteran and Damn Proud of it.

Misguided was the name of my 1st drift boat, I am not to be associated with LAWLESSNESS!!!!

Page 8 of 11 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
BigRedHead, Gene, Milton Fisher, Selther, SpinyRayLover
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (Carcassman), 794 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645372 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |