THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#506441 - 05/05/09 01:02 AM Any Mechanics out there??
Blades™ Offline
Spawner

Loc: La La Land
I'm having some Issues on my 2000 Audi S4, and was wondering if any of you guys know anything about Audi/Volkswagon Igntion systems. So here is the deal, the engine is a 2.7 V6 Twin Turbo. I am having a misfire on cylinder #2. I changed the plugs. Still misfires. I switched the coilpacks with cylinder #1 and #2 to determine if the coilpack and/or wire was bad. Read the codes and still misfire on cylinder #2, so not the coilpack/wire. I than switched my ICMs (Ignition Control Module), each one controls each bank, Now I have a misfire on Cylinder #2 and #5, than I switched the ICMs back and just a misire on cylinder #2. So I am 90% sure that it is my ICMs, or at least one of them. Any Ideas?

Edited by Blades™ (05/05/09 01:19 AM)

#506443 - 05/05/09 01:13 AM Re: Any Mechanics out there?? [Re: Blades™]
Satan Offline
I love me

Loc: Around the way
Hi Blades. Is this the same car that dude stole your hood off of years ago?

#506445 - 05/05/09 01:17 AM Re: Any Mechanics out there?? [Re: Satan]
Blades™ Offline
Spawner

No, Different car.

#506512 - 05/05/09 11:49 AM Re: Any Mechanics out there?? [Re: ]
AP a.k.a. Kaiser D Offline
Hippie

Loc: B'ham
Sounds like an Audi.

Super-sweet cars when they are running right but most of my co-workers that own them had their anal cavities enlarged by their mechanics at some point.

#506524 - 05/05/09 12:12 PM Re: Any Mechanics out there?? [Re: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
..and to think that Vince the Shamwow guy said that the "germans make great stuff".

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#506533 - 05/05/09 01:06 PM Re: Any Mechanics out there?? [Re: Dogfish]
hohbomb73 Offline
D.E.A

Loc: in da hood
How do you know Blades doesn't like havin' his anal cavity enlarged?

Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat.

#506550 - 05/05/09 02:35 PM Re: Any Mechanics out there?? [Re: hohbomb73]
wntrrn Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Edmonds
Bro in law had a similar problem. They did all the diagnostics and ended up with new plugs, wires, coils. At least that ruled out those issues. Then they fooled around with it a bit more and his brake lights stopped working. They traced that back to the other issues and couldn't find the problem. After spending a couple weeks at the shop, and it was raining most of the time, they said they fixed it. Well, when he got it back it smelled pretty moldy inside only to find out the trunk and rear window was leaking.

He dumped it and bought a Benz. Hasn't had a problem since.

Anybody ever see and Audi on the road and all of the lights work? I haven't.

Good luck Blades. Maybe your problem has more to do with karma....?

#506552 - 05/05/09 02:42 PM Re: Any Mechanics out there?? [Re: wntrrn]
dewbie Offline
Spawner

my cousin has one of those, he hates it. it is always in the shop.

#506562 - 05/05/09 03:22 PM Re: Any Mechanics out there?? [Re: dewbie]
Blades™ Offline
Spawner

Karma? How so?

I ordered some new ICMs today, hopefully it runs good after that. Other than this issue which is just a small ignition malfunction, the car has been great and is a ton of fun to drive.

#506584 - 05/05/09 04:15 PM Re: Any Mechanics out there?? [Re: Blades™]
Magicfly Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Pasco Bulldog country
Get rid of the Foreign car and buy American....less hassle, and more dependable.

Mf

"Go hard, today Can't worry the past, coz that yesterday". GO COUGS!!!

#506601 - 05/05/09 04:52 PM Re: Any Mechanics out there?? [Re: Magicfly]
Blades™ Offline
Spawner

MF,
I agree 100%, I have a ford pickup, bought it 3 years ago and not a single problem.

#506605 - 05/05/09 04:59 PM Re: Any Mechanics out there?? [Re: Magicfly]
Sky-Guy Offline
The Tide changed

Loc: Everett
Originally Posted By: Magicfly
Get rid of the Foreign car and buy American....less hassle, and more dependable.

Mf

+1
I'm picking up a GMC Yukon as soon as I find the right vehicle.

In my experience and from others opinons that I have read lately about Toyota, Nissan, and other foreign cars, is that a lot of little things are breaking on later model vehicles. Cheap plastic parts, poor design etc. are leading to a general consesnus that the addage of "foreign cars being more reliable" is fading away, rapido!

#506614 - 05/05/09 05:10 PM Re: Any Mechanics out there?? [Re: ]
Magicfly Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Pasco Bulldog country
Although my wife's 04 Honda Accord that I bought for her new runs like a champ..... smile

Mf

"Go hard, today Can't worry the past, coz that yesterday". GO COUGS!!!

#506618 - 05/05/09 05:12 PM Re: Any Mechanics out there?? [Re: ]
dewbie Offline
Spawner

+1

#506631 - 05/05/09 05:23 PM Re: Any Mechanics out there?? [Re: ]
AP a.k.a. Kaiser D Offline
Hippie

Loc: B'ham
moose

Attachments
1221694578329.jpg

#506642 - 05/05/09 05:31 PM Re: Any Mechanics out there?? [Re: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D]
Coho Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Muk
Kaiser--I spit coffee on my display after seeing that pix

#506685 - 05/05/09 06:49 PM Re: Any Mechanics out there?? [Re: Sky-Guy]
willametteriveroutlaw Offline
Spawner

Loc: Idaho
Originally Posted By: Sky-Guy
Originally Posted By: Magicfly

Mf

+1
I'm picking up a GMC Yukon as soon as I find the right vehicle.

In my experience and from others opinons that I have read lately about Toyota, Nissan, and other foreign cars, is that a lot of little things are breaking on later model vehicles. Cheap plastic parts, poor design etc. are leading to a general consesnus that the addage of "foreign cars being more reliable" is fading away, rapido!

Have you ridden in a new American made rig lately, there are exceptions, but most are grade A crap. I had the unfortunate pleasure of renting a dodge Journey on a recent trip.. Quite possibly the biggest POS I have ever driven.

+1 on Toyotas, between the 2 I own I have nearly 500k on them add the one I sold a few years back and I have gotten nearly 700K of virtually trouble free mileage. I would guess less than 3K in total repair bills.

#506688 - 05/05/09 07:04 PM Re: Any Mechanics out there?? [Re: willametteriveroutlaw]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

I agree with Stam. Can't fathom which Ameican cars those would be that are more reliable than foreign brands when it comes to driving forever. I also admit that many European models are champs when it comes to keeping the little stuff working, like lights, signals especially. Must be a shortage of electical engineers over there.

Just had the 120 K tune up on the Outback last week. Should be good for the next 100 K.

Sg

#506689 - 05/05/09 07:08 PM Re: Any Mechanics out there?? [Re: willametteriveroutlaw]
Sky-Guy Offline
The Tide changed

Loc: Everett
I'm only referrring to cars made in the last few years. Lets say 2004 and newer.

I am just getting out of a Nissan Pathfinder, and wont buy another Nissan . [censored] is falling off that car left and right including trim pieces and weatherstripping breaking and coming unglued, Plastic parts on the interior breaking, Switches breaking etc. I've read reviews about the Toyota Sequoias having a lot of problems with the fit and finish that leads to my post, handles break, lights not working, etc. Just my observations of late as I'm in the market looking for a full sized SUV. GM seems to be leading the Game in that dept.

I agre ethat over the last 20 years Forqign auto makes have put domestics to shame. Too bad the execs here in america wont throw themselves out a window if they fail to meet whats expected of them..

One theme seems to prevail in favor of foreign cars from Japan, Import automakers are more concerned about building a quality product. Domestic automakers seem more concerned about making a big profit.

#506690 - 05/05/09 07:14 PM Re: Any Mechanics out there?? [Re: Sky-Guy]
Tackle Shack Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: WA
Japanes automakers are never concerned about profits, they just want to gift us incredible cars that never break, hardly use any fuel, actually improve the environment and they want to do it for free because they like us. While the domestics want to sell us unreliable fuel hungry death traps that spew noctious chemicals into the atmosphere at huge profits because they are a bunch of devil worshippers.

I have to go, my Tundra just finished cooking my fresh crepes for brunch. After which in need to go to the bank to deposit the Gold Eggs my wifes RAV-4 laid. Thank you Japan.
Your friend, the Fat, lazy, uneducated american.

P.S. I’ll keep sending wock-n-woll and bwue deans.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
CHUBS
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 939 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13521
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645302 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |