THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#582586 - 02/19/10 02:02 PM Re: Season on Columbia River Spring Kings - done deal! [Re: FishNg1]
Achewter Offline

Loc: N of Seattle
I'll fish with Steve and F4Bs. Fridays work for me but work really isnt all that important any day.
Damm it would be nice to see them nail this forcast...

#582590 - 02/19/10 02:19 PM Re: Season on Columbia River Spring Kings - done deal! [Re: Achewter]
STRIKE ZONE Offline
GOOD LUCK

Loc: Hobart,Wa U.S.A
Pretty fun fishin a couple Saturday's with a 1,000 others out there.What about us workin folk / Weekend warriors????????????.I guess I'll beach my sled and become a plunker below bonny,whatever.Good luck,
STRIKE ZONE

#582665 - 02/19/10 07:54 PM Re: Season on Columbia River Spring Kings - done deal! [Re: STRIKE ZONE]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
The Rule is officially out...

FISHING RULE CHANGE

Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife

February 19, 2010

Columbia River spring chinook seasons

Action: Sets fishing regulations for spring chinook salmon in the mainstem Columbia River.

Locations:

The mainstem Columbia River from Buoy 10 upstream to the I-5 Bridge.

Effective date: Through April 18, 2010, fishing for salmonids and shad is open 7 days per week, except closed on March 9, 16, 23, 30.

Effective March 1, 2010: Daily salmonid limit is 6 fish (hatchery chinook or hatchery steelhead), of which no more than 2 may be adults and no more than one may be an adult chinook. Release all wild chinook.

The mainstem Columbia River from the I-5 Bridge to the I-205 Bridge.

Effective date: March 1 through March 14, 2010, fishing for salmonids and shad is open 7 days per week, except closed on March 9.

Effective date: March 15 through April 3, fishing for salmonids and shad is open only on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays.

Daily salmonid limit is 6 fish (hatchery chinook or hatchery steelhead), of which no more than 2 may be adults and no more than one may be an adult chinook. Release all wild chinook.

The mainstem Columbia River from the I-205 Bridge upstream to Bonneville Dam.

Bank fishing only – closed to fishing for salmonids and shad from boats.

Effective date: March 1 through March 14, 2010. Fishing for salmonids and shad is open 7 days per week, except closed on March 9.

Effective date: March 15 through April 3, 2010. Fishing for salmonids and shad is open only on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.

Daily salmonid limit is 6 fish (hatchery chinook or hatchery steelhead), of which no more than 2 may be adults and no more than one may be an adult chinook. Release all wild chinook.

Tower Island power lines (located about 6 miles downstream from the Dalles Dam) upstream to McNary Dam, plus Washington bank between Bonneville Dam and the Tower Island powerlines.

Effective date: March 16 through May 31, 2010. Fishing for salmon, steelhead and shad is open seven days per week.

Daily salmonid limit 6 fish, of which no more than 2 adult chinook salmon or hatchery steelhead or one of each. Release all wild chinook.

Species affected: Spring chinook, steelhead and shad

Reason for action: Harvestable numbers of salmon are available based on the forecasts and associated management agreements.

Other information: Additional fishing opportunity may be available after the run size is updated in early May. A news release describing the 2010 spring chinook season is available on the WDFW website at http://wdfw.wa.gov/

Information contact: (360) 696-6211. For latest information press *1010.

Fishers must have a current Washington fishing license. Check the WDFW “Fishing in Washington” rules pamphlet for details on fishing seasons and regulations. Fishing regulations are subject to change. Call the WDFW Fishing hotline for the latest rule information at (360) 902-2500, press 2 for recreational rules or check the WDFW webpage at http://wdfw.wa.gov/fish/regs/fishregs.htm for details on fishing seasons and regulations. For the Shellfish Rule Change hotline call (360) 796-3215 or toll free 1-866-880-5431.

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#582666 - 02/19/10 07:55 PM Re: Season on Columbia River Spring Kings - done deal! [Re: Todd]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
And a Deep Creek Rule Change to make it the same as the adjacent Columbia main stem...

FISHING RULE CHANGE

Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife

February 19, 2010

Hatchery adult spring chinook

daily limit to change in Deep River

Action: The daily limit for salmon in Deep River (Wahkiakum County) may not include more than one hatchery adult chinook during those days when the adjacent waters of the mainstem Columbia River are open to retention of spring chinook.

Effective date: March 1 through April 18, 2010.

Species affected: Salmon

Location: Deep River (Wahkiakum County) from the mouth to town bridge.

Reason for action: Boats launching from Deep River also fish the mainstem Columbia. This regulation will make the rules for both areas identical and easier to enforce.

Additional Information: Fishing for salmonids and shad on the adjacent mainstem Columbia is open 7 days per week, except closed on March 9, 16, 23 and 30. The daily salmonid limit is 6 fish, of which no more than 2 may be adult chinook salmon or hatchery steelhead of which no more than one may be an adult chinook. All wild chinook must be released.

Information contact: (360) 696-6211. For latest information press *1010.

Fishers must have a current Washington fishing license, appropriate to the fishery. Check the WDFW "Fishing in Washington" rules pamphlet for details on fishing seasons and regulations. Fishing rules are subject to change. Check the WDFW Fishing hotline for the latest rule information at (360) 902-2500, press 2 for recreational rules. For the Shellfish Rule Change hotline call (360)796-3215 or toll free 1-866-880-5431.

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#582676 - 02/19/10 08:35 PM Re: Season on Columbia River Spring Kings - done deal! [Re: Todd]
slabhunter Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Sheltona Beach
Todd,
Thanks for the Deep River information. thumbs
Guess I won't be burning the gas to try fishing there.

#582829 - 02/20/10 09:28 PM Re: Season on Columbia River Spring Kings - done deal! [Re: slabhunter]
dcrzfitter Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tenino, wa U.S.A.
What is the point of closeing for boat up around Bonneville? And why so long?

I don't understand the resoning!!!

Kris

#582845 - 02/20/10 10:33 PM Re: Season on Columbia River Spring Kings - done deal! [Re: dcrzfitter]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Originally Posted By: dcrzfitter

Kris

They're trying to spread out those 17,000 fish for sportsman and are trying to avoid the blood bath at least in the states eyes...

They'll do anything to keep us from fishing a "staging" area from the boats...

Just stay ahead of the game... Here's how...

Better build you a monster side planer with a flourescent colored that pops up on a bite, one that could handle a big jet diver behind it... That will be the new gimick to get the job done.. Picture it, standing up on the rip rap around the oak tree with a spool of 400 yards of tuff line. Run the side planer out with shrimp/eggs behind a 50 foot diver in the deeper water or a 20 foot diver for the shallower stuff... Death I tell ya and you wouldn't even interfere with the plunkers....

Care to come watch? what

Keith thumbs

#582851 - 02/20/10 11:02 PM Re: Season on Columbia River Spring Kings - done deal! [Re: stlhdr1]
HOOKUP Offline
Returning Adult

with no sportfishing at Bonny the sealions can feed in peace. The WDFW is all about management!

#582865 - 02/21/10 12:55 AM Re: Season on Columbia River Spring Kings - done deal! [Re: HOOKUP]
RUNnGUN Offline
Repeat Spawner

I am getting jacked! Two different buds today went 1-2 in different boats. One was 20+. Pretty early to be even thinkn about it?... maybe not? I think the lack of runoff this year, with early warmer water temps could mean better early action. I may put my Steelhead gear away early this year.

#582868 - 02/21/10 03:38 AM Re: Season on Columbia River Spring Kings - done deal! [Re: dcrzfitter]
Gatorgetter Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: On the run!

Kris

Maybe your dumb ass needs to learn a different method of fishing besides sitting below dam fishing. Have you ever fished below a hatchery? My guess is yes with you.

#582869 - 02/21/10 04:01 AM Re: Season on Columbia River Spring Kings - done deal! [Re: Gatorgetter]
Achewter Offline

Loc: N of Seattle
Quote:

Maybe your dumb ass needs to learn a different method of fishing besides sitting below dam fishing. Have you ever fished below a hatchery? My guess is yes with you.

glad I am not the only one that gets on this board while obviously impaired.

#582883 - 02/21/10 11:45 AM Re: Season on Columbia River Spring Kings - done deal! [Re: Gatorgetter]
big moby Offline
Carcass

Loc: varies
Originally Posted By: Gatorgetter

Kris

wow gatotgetter! seem a little uptight....run out of Steel reserve??

#582884 - 02/21/10 12:09 PM Re: Season on Columbia River Spring Kings - done deal! [Re: Achewter]
snit Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Wenatchee, WA
Originally Posted By: Achewter
Quote:

glad I am not the only one that gets on this board while obviously impaired.

Good CHIT Art...almost spit coffee on the keyboard! Gotta go chase a few coyotes this morning! Springers can wait for another month for me...

#582895 - 02/21/10 12:57 PM Re: Season on Columbia River Spring Kings - done deal! [Re: Gatorgetter]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Kris

Nominated as the dumbest post of the year!!!

Let's see, have you ever fished below a hatchery? Hmm, we're targeting hatchery spring chinook aren't we??

What's wrong with wanting to fish a staging area for hatchery springers anyhow?

Keith thumbs

#583278 - 02/22/10 09:10 PM Re: Season on Columbia River Spring Kings - done deal! [Re: stlhdr1]
Gatorgetter Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Quote:

As a guide I see where you have massed your wealth of information and skills. Maybe there's a method behind the madness behind the powers to be decision. Could it be to maybe curtail the (many) wanna be guides that focus on fish that stage below a dam? What's it take to become a guide anyhow? Considering you made it the bar can't be to high.

#583290 - 02/22/10 09:50 PM Re: Season on Columbia River Spring Kings - done deal! [Re: Gatorgetter]
dcrzfitter Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tenino, wa U.S.A.
gatorgetter,

You so funny!!!

Keith, I like the idea with the side plainer. Let me know when I'l' bring my punch card. Since we don't know how to fish any other place.

Kris

#583303 - 02/22/10 10:28 PM Re: Season on Columbia River Spring Kings - done deal! [Re: Gatorgetter]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Quote:

As a guide I see where you have massed your wealth of information and skills. Maybe there's a method behind the madness behind the powers to be decision. Could it be to maybe curtail the (many) wanna be guides that focus on fish that stage below a dam? What's it take to become a guide anyhow? Considering you made it the bar can't be to high.

So, you've never fished there before I take it?

Keith rofl

#583376 - 02/23/10 01:27 AM Re: Season on Columbia River Spring Kings - done deal! [Re: stlhdr1]
stlhdr42 Offline
Spawner

Loc: where the fish swim
Put a 19lber in the box today and crackered another off, its time.

#583394 - 02/23/10 03:03 AM Re: Season on Columbia River Spring Kings - done deal! [Re: stlhdr42]
Gatorgetter Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Quote:
So, you've never fished there before I take it?

No I have not, I've never needed to or even wanted to. I'm not a guide and would never want to be part of your so called "staging area".

My intention is not to flame but you are challenging my ranking as the dumbest post ever.

Peace

#583426 - 02/23/10 10:38 AM Re: Season on Columbia River Spring Kings - done deal! [Re: Gatorgetter]
fire escape Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Everett, WA
Gatorgetter , you are flaming something you admit have never experienced. That my friend is ignorance and dumb is bred from it!

Beacon Rock is one of the most beautiful sights you will ever see during a sunrise with a fish on.

There is a lot of water from I-205 to Bonneville dam , it is no fish hatchery.

Peace

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1083 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645291 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |