THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#594812 - 04/14/10 01:01 PM Re: First Pictures of My New Fishing Buddy [Re: SKYSTEELHEAD]
Smalma Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Marysville
Todd -
No issue at all - think "Sauk" is a great dog's name and unless we were regular hunting partners don't see how have dogs with the same name could possible be a problem.

TJN -
I hear you about making the old dog comfortable. My second dog (Hunter) turned 16 last winter and all those years climbing among the rocks of the Sauk and Skagit have taken a heavy toll. While she is pretty wobbly thanks to the magic of modern drugs she still meets me with a wagging tail and grin on her face. She also still gives me a dirty look when I leave the house with the shotgun or fly rod (been 3 years since she has seriously gone in the field).

Tight lines
Curt

#594817 - 04/14/10 01:06 PM Re: First Pictures of My New Fishing Buddy [Re: Smalma]
Sky-Guy Offline
The Tide changed

Loc: Everett
Hey 'Shooter, got a couple presents for ya buddy smile

#594820 - 04/14/10 01:17 PM Re: First Pictures of My New Fishing Buddy [Re: Sky-Guy]
Achewter Offline

Loc: N of Seattle
Thanks Riley
Puppy $s going to new carpet and flooring the weekend of June 19th. Not that they will be spending any amount of time on my old ones. I do know I will take a few hits

#594837 - 04/14/10 02:39 PM Re: First Pictures of My New Fishing Buddy [Re: Achewter]
seastrike Offline
Hey Man....It's cool...

Loc: seattle
Nice work to Art and Coug for putting it together so to speak! You two got many compliments for putting this together in an economical way for a lot of brothers this weekend. Your good deeds will go a long way.
I see puppy owner fishing get togethers in the future. What a nightmare that will be!
I'm on my third lab. They are all different. They are all cool. They are what you make of them in some respect.
I'm letting my current one kind of pick his own path. It's working out pretty cool so far. Dude is an awesome boat dog. He's very curious of the fish caught but doesn't mess with them when they are brought in.
His first db experience was when he was 10 weeks.
Casting bobbers around him is a whole different deal though. No problem in the boat but banking is a different story.
Luis says he not too cool to spoon fish with though.

#594838 - 04/14/10 02:47 PM Re: First Pictures of My New Fishing Buddy [Re: seastrike]
AP a.k.a. Kaiser D Offline
Hippie

Loc: B'ham
Originally Posted By: seastrike
Nice work to Art and Coug for putting it together so to speak! You two got many compliments for putting this together in an economical way for a lot of brothers this weekend. Your good deeds will go a long way.

INDEED!

#594842 - 04/14/10 02:56 PM Re: First Pictures of My New Fishing Buddy [Re: browndog]
landcruiserwilly Offline
Spawner

Loc: Bothell
Originally Posted By: browndog

When do the group training session's start.

i'm thinking the same thing.......i'm actually entertaining the idea of building a coop and getting some quail for the summer, but i really don't know what i'm in for. i would like to get pup on some birds as soon as i can, but i'm not sure how to go about it around here. any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

willy

#594847 - 04/14/10 03:14 PM Re: First Pictures of My New Fishing Buddy [Re: landcruiserwilly]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Art, what's your schedule this weekend? I need to get over there soon!

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#594850 - 04/14/10 03:28 PM Re: First Pictures of My New Fishing Buddy [Re: Todd]
wntrrn Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Edmonds
Are any of them still available? Just asking. If you need to check my background I'd be happy to allow it. I put my 12 yo chocolate female down Jan 1, 2008. Now, it's just me and Tule, my yellow lab. Dogs go to work with me almost everyday, fish with me more than my friends, and have some room to play at home.

Nice looking pups!

#594852 - 04/14/10 03:41 PM Re: First Pictures of My New Fishing Buddy [Re: landcruiserwilly]
browndog Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Coast Range OR.
Originally Posted By: landcruiserwilly
[quote=browndog]
When do the group training session's start.

i'm thinking the same thing.......i'm actually entertaining the idea of building a coop and getting some quail for the summer, but i really don't know what i'm in for. i would like to get pup on some birds as soon as i can, but i'm not sure how to go about it around here. any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Try hooking up with a local trainer,Mine has a freezer full of bird's
He also train's on saturday's(field trial setup's) and basically if you want to come out you can run your dog,
He chargess a couple buck's for live bird's.The training session's Really help's with sociallization, honoring etc. and get's them on real bird's.I also have frozen bird's in my freezer, I use em for blind retrieves and the dog's love it. I thought abought raising some bird's but decided it would be to much like work.Tossin around a frozen bird for the pup as treat would be a good thing keep it short and fun and he/she will associate bird's with good times. just don't let'm chew or keep em .

#594858 - 04/14/10 04:19 PM Re: First Pictures of My New Fishing Buddy [Re: browndog]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Nice Dave! You'll love having him around!

My favorite fishing partner of all is my boy Drake!! He goes everywhere with me, almost feel guilty when I hook the boat up and leave him behind...

A couple of my fishing buddies don't fish much with me anymore because I take him.. Sorry for them I guess.....

Keith thumbs

#594998 - 04/14/10 11:14 PM Re: First Pictures of My New Fishing Buddy [Re: stlhdr1]
huntncoug Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Echo Lake
hey Todd, my girlfriend wants to go over to arts again this weekend, probably sunday, if your interested I could bring Blue over for a meet and greet.

#595008 - 04/14/10 11:42 PM Re: First Pictures of My New Fishing Buddy [Re: huntncoug]
huntncoug Offline
Three Time Spawner

when Blue was a pup he had bright blue eyes, thats where his name came from. After a couple months they turned into an amber color which is what he has today. My yellow pups name is Sky, after the river not because it works well with Blue.

Edited by huntncoug (04/14/10 11:42 PM)

#595056 - 04/15/10 11:36 AM Re: First Pictures of My New Fishing Buddy [Re: huntncoug]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
We're thinking about Sunday...

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#595085 - 04/15/10 12:24 PM Re: First Pictures of My New Fishing Buddy [Re: Todd]
Driftfishnw Offline
Steelhead Hitman

Huntncoug-

I'm planning on making the drive up to check out the pups on Sunday. It would be really awesome if I was able the meet the father. Let me know if you are planning on going Sunday.

#595418 - 04/16/10 10:11 PM Re: First Pictures of My New Fishing Buddy [Re: Driftfishnw]
DiverX Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Renton
Chick magnet...

The puppy, not the old dude...

#595422 - 04/16/10 11:20 PM Re: First Pictures of My New Fishing Buddy [Re: DiverX]
gilly Offline
Hazmat

Loc: on the river

Looks like a good fishing buddy in the making. My little fishing buddy loves to ride shotgun. He gets high centered on the gravel bars, and always attracts the eagles.

Attachments
luke10.jpg

#595485 - 04/17/10 06:13 PM Re: First Pictures of My New Fishing Buddy [Re: gilly]
huntncoug Offline
Three Time Spawner

i am going to be at arts house on sunday around noon, i think, i need to talk to art and make a final plan.

#595502 - 04/17/10 10:17 PM Re: First Pictures of My New Fishing Buddy [Re: huntncoug]
Achewter Offline

Loc: N of Seattle
open house around 2pm

#595608 - 04/19/10 12:36 AM Re: First Pictures of My New Fishing Buddy [Re: Achewter]
tyeedog Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Port Ludlow
Dave the best lab i ever had picked us out. thats right, all those beautiful pups were wandering around on the floor of this guys apartment in Missoula Montana. i mention that the pup i pick will get a country home and ask the wife which one she wants. the next thing, i look and one pup has the strap of the wifes purse in his little mouth and is headed for the door. i just picked that boy up and headed fo the truck...

#595609 - 04/19/10 12:49 AM Re: First Pictures of My New Fishing Buddy [Re: gilly]
Doctor Rick Offline
Free Prostate Exams

Loc: Sequim
Originally Posted By: gilly

Looks like a good fishing buddy in the making. My little fishing buddy loves to ride shotgun. He gets high centered on the gravel bars, and always attracts the eagles.

Gilly, When do we get to meet this guy?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1083 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645291 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |