THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 4 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 19 20 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#644126 - 12/13/10 09:50 PM Re: Keep Bigfoot on your mind over the next few months *** [Re: ]
Brewer Offline

Loc: in the mass production zone
i watched a program several months back on 4 different people who had seen the bigfoots. one was outside his car, long story but he was sleeping in his car in a campground that was emty. (late oct. hunting time) this guy said he felt something not right about the night, creepy was more the term. he said he was trying to fall asleep when he saw the bigfoot looking into the windshield at him. the BF walked around the car looking it over. dude said he was scared sh!tless!!! the BF could have easily reached through the windshield if he wanted to and rip him from the car. after 5 mins the BF wondered off. dude said he started that car and bolt from the CG!!!

anyways the show had all four eyewitnesses tell thier story. they then had a FBI person who is trained to tell when lies are given. eyes, eyebrows and facial twitches all give the liar away. she studied the video of all four, and explained what she was looking for. according to her, she stated that all four were very honest and truthfull based what all 4 believed they saw. she didn't discredit thier storys. what said was these people are truthfull. i thought that was very interesting.

from what i've always thought was people who have claimed a sighting... well they are spooked by the sighting. spooked to the point of shock and fear rolled into a emotion of stuck in thier tracks.

even indians all have beliefs in the BF, thier attitude is don't [censored] with the bigfoots!

Edited by Brewer (12/13/10 09:51 PM)

#644133 - 12/13/10 09:56 PM Re: Keep Bigfoot on your mind over the next few months [Re: Brewer]
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

Loc: West Duvall

Bill Herzog swears he saw one on the upper Duckabush. Claims it threw rocks the size of watermelons in the water near them. He says his buddy literally crapped his pants.

Edited by Dave Vedder (12/13/10 10:04 PM)

#644135 - 12/13/10 10:02 PM Re: Keep Bigfoot on your mind over the next few months [Re: Dave Vedder]
cobble cruiser Offline
~B-F-D~

Skookum was originally a chinook word for ape. Makes you wonder where they saw apes? National Geographic? Hmm. eek

#644137 - 12/13/10 10:04 PM Re: Keep Bigfoot on your mind over the next few months [Re: cobble cruiser]
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

Loc: West Duvall
They might have seen a man/bear/pig.

#644139 - 12/13/10 10:12 PM Re: Keep Bigfoot on your mind over the next few months [Re: Brewer]
bait dunker Offline
Village Idiot

People believe what they want to believe. Religion, aliens, Kennedys assassin(s), Bigfoot. People will also convience themselves things are real because hey want to believe they are. That doesn't make it so however.

#644144 - 12/13/10 10:26 PM Re: Keep Bigfoot on your mind over the next few months [Re: bait dunker]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Our very own "Sol" has a story about something out of the ordinary when hunting alone once, perhaps he'll come back to tell it....

Keith

#644146 - 12/13/10 10:33 PM Re: Keep Bigfoot on your mind over the next few months [Re: bait dunker]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
I'm highly skeptical of BigFoot. Maybe I just don't look in all the right places, but I have yet to come across one, let alone a print, scat, hair, bone, carcass, ancient BigFoot Burial Ground, etc.

I have come across cougars, bears, spotted owls, Bobcats, coyotes, moose, elk, deer, and have even fished next to a ManBearPig.

Not saying they do not exist and I sure as heck hope you find what you're looking for Rich!

But......

Someone, somewhere would have found concrete evidence of such a critter by now. I'm not a gambling man, but I'd put my money down that no one in my lifetime is gonna find a BigFoot or Nessy...or any of the other Legend Critters that supposedly roam this Earth.

Oh, and how does DNS analysis work if you don't have any BigFeet DNA to compare your sample with???? Seems to me, if I get the science, is that you can rule out various *known* critters, but that's it. In the DNA world, an "unknown" doesn't mean it exists - it just means that your sample is "unknown" for whatever reason. Invalid sample, contaminated, bad lab work, etc.

quote=bait dunker]People believe what they want to believe. Religion, aliens, Kennedys assassin(s), Bigfoot. People will also convience themselves things are real because hey want to believe they are. [/quote]

Pretty much that.

#644161 - 12/13/10 10:45 PM Re: Keep Bigfoot on your mind over the next few months [Re: The Moderator]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
I'm also skeptical.

About Bigfoot, Nessie, Ogopogo, God, Chupacabra.........all of them.

But I don't know for sure, so I won't pretend to.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#644171 - 12/13/10 11:01 PM Re: Keep Bigfoot on your mind over the next few months [Re: Todd]
Mikespike Offline
MPD

Loc: Santa Rosa, CA
Originally Posted By: Todd
Originally Posted By: AuntyM
Maybe Bigfoot is the form God takes when he visits earth.

rofl

I think that's what the shamans in Nepal think...the Yeti is a manifestation of God, so of course you aren't going to find any skeletons laying around...or outsmart Him, if you try to.

Fish on...

Todd

so you're saying that superfly is god? wink

"Holy hell son, you're about as useful as a cock flavored lollipop."

#644226 - 12/14/10 01:51 AM Re: Keep Bigfoot on your mind over the next few months [Re: cobble cruiser]
Irie Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: South Sound
Originally Posted By: cobble cruiser
Skookum was originally a chinook word for ape. Makes you wonder where they saw apes? National Geographic? Hmm. eek

No.

Skookum means "strong spirit" or strongly spirited such as in a rapid, or a brave warrior, etc.

The term was applied to BIGFOOTS because a long time ago local tourist shops sold a Bigfoot Doll named "Skookum."
beathead

How the fvck could it mean Ape when there are no--and never have been-- any apes in the Western Hemisphere?

That's like saying Chehalis really means "Aluminum Singlewide Longhouse" and Tukwila really means "asphalt toilet."
Them Injuns must have had amazing foresight. It's a wonder they didn't invent the wheel* and put a patent on it, and invent the concept of patents while they were at it.

As a matter of fact, the ONLY non-human primates in the new world came over from Africa during the age when S. America and Africa were joined during Pangaea**, well BEFORE their African counterparts developed opposable thumbs and lost their prehensile tails. The S. American primates still have the tails, but never developed the thumbs after the two continents drifted apart.

*The wheel was an amazing new & never seen before technology, along with rideable beasts of burden, and the world-wide slave trade, introduced to the New World in 1492.

**As evidenced by the fossilized remains of Mesosaurus which died out approximately 250 million years ago and can be found in early Permian sedimentary strata along the Eastern coast of South America, and the Western Coast of Africa, repectively.
And, no, it was a fresh water animal and would have died if it had attempted to swim the Atlantic and it sure as schit did NOT possess tickets to board Noah's Ark.

#644236 - 12/14/10 02:56 AM Re: Keep Bigfoot on your mind over the next few months [Re: Irie]
cobble cruiser Offline
~B-F-D~

Originally Posted By: Irie
[quote=cobble cruiser]Skookum was originally a chinook word for ape. Makes you wonder where they saw apes? National Geographic? Hmm. eek

(quote)
No.

Skookum means "strong spirit" or strongly spirited such as in a rapid, or a brave warrior, etc.

The term was applied to BIGFOOTS because a long time ago local tourist shops sold a Bigfoot Doll named "Skookum."
beathead

How the fvck could it mean Ape when there are no--and never have been-- any apes in the Western Hemisphere?

That's like saying Chehalis really means "Aluminum Singlewide Longhouse" and Tukwila really means "asphalt toilet."
Them Injuns must have had amazing foresight. It's a wonder they didn't invent the wheel* and put a patent on it, and invent the concept of patents while they were at it.

As a matter of fact, the ONLY non-human primates in the new world came over from Africa during the age when S. America and Africa were joined during Pangaea**, well BEFORE their African counterparts developed opposable thumbs and lost their prehensile tails. The S. American primates still have the tails, but never developed the thumbs after the two continents drifted apart. (quote)

As far as my information, I guess you can't believe every documentary you watch. You have to admit that some of the stone carvings found along the Columbia river as well as wood carvings resembled apes though. wink

You seem irrititated. Did I offend you?

Edited by cobble cruiser (12/14/10 11:22 AM)

#644252 - 12/14/10 09:49 AM Re: Keep Bigfoot on your mind over the next few months [Re: cobble cruiser]
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

"are no--and never have been-- any apes in the Western Hemisphere"

Just because you haven't seen one.......

#644256 - 12/14/10 10:36 AM Re: Keep Bigfoot on your mind over the next few months [Re: ]
RICH G
Unregistered

I have been doing this as my only hobby, (really part time job), for the last two years. 2000 whas when I saw the one in La Push.

Believe me I am a see it to believe it type of person, well I saw one 10 years ago, when the topic would come up after that I would say, "yeah I saw one" and then you got those funny looks and people make jokes. It makes you want to avoid the topic after that. It also changed how I acted in the woods and looked at things. For about three years I would not fish alone in many of the places I went before I had my sighting. I would regulary fish alone in the bush places like the Dickey, (can be very scarry place), Goodman creek, Mosquito and so on, I just could not do it after what I saw.

Well about two years ago I met this guy who is now my prtner in our project. I talked to him about what I saw in great detail, It was a big relief to be able to do that. Since then I have been on it.

I would not be wasting my time, sacrificing hunting and fishing time to look for bigfoot if I didnt know they were out there. I have found other evidence since but I do spend alot of time where I know they are living. I can tell you one thing from my observations there are not many of them but there are more than one would think.

Dave, I am sure Bill is not pulling your leg, the east slope of the Olympics seems to have a higher concentration, then say the west slope.

The areas people are gonna be most likely to see or find something on the Olympic Peninsula are on the south and east slopes of the Olympic range starting at the Quinault and ending at Tubal Cain. I have other recources on the west slope as well but not much. Another place is Dewato/Tahuya and Harstine Island.

Edited by RICH G (12/14/10 11:03 AM)

#644260 - 12/14/10 10:59 AM Re: Keep Bigfoot on your mind over the next few months [Re: ]
Brewer Offline

Loc: in the mass production zone
hey rich, how far away will the shutter mechanism work on the trail cams. i have zero knowledge about what actually starts the cam to take the pick.

i believe i've read the rock throwing story on steelhead notebook. but i don't recall Zog geing in the story.

Edited by Brewer (12/14/10 11:00 AM)

#644265 - 12/14/10 11:11 AM Re: Keep Bigfoot on your mind over the next few months [Re: ]
RICH G
Unregistered

The cameras will trigger up to 100 feet in the day and 50 at night under optimum conditions. We use the very best cameras.

We got those pictures last July but we were pretty lucky, the camera is what drew it in in that case. These things are tactical thinkers and they somehow can find the cameras before the cameras find them even when well hidden. Cameras also tend to make them leave an area they are staying in. Travel routes are the key when leaving camera traps not places they live.

The whole camera thing is pretty low yeild, we have been doing it for two years now with about 60 top of the line cameras in remote locations concentrated in locations we know they frequent. We have had them encounter the cameras a handfull of times with a few crappy photos to show for it, but we have been able to recover some DNA as a result, which has been a plus.

#644270 - 12/14/10 11:40 AM Re: Keep Bigfoot on your mind over the next few months [Re: cobble cruiser]
Irie Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: cobble cruiser
As far as my information, I guess you can't believe every documentary you watch. You have to admit that some of the stone carvings found along the Columbia river as well as wood carvings resembled apes though. wink

You seem irrititated. Did I offend you?

No, but you really need to learn how to use VB Code.

They also look like people...or aliens...or Elvis...depending on the nutjob that's looking at it, trying to interpret into something he would like better.

It's like that vegetable Stephen Hawking. If you're a cripple and a hardcore Catholic and you want to try and prove creationism with mathematics you don't start at the event, you start at the top and make your grad students bend the math to show that it's a possibility, never mind that your theories are laughed at everywhere but mainstream America...because they want to believe...and Americans have the average IQ of a brick.

Rich...Ever thought of doing wildlife population surveys? Your trail cam pics would be great for actual legitimate research.

#644272 - 12/14/10 11:43 AM Re: Keep Bigfoot on your mind over the next few months [Re: ]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Originally Posted By: RICH G
but we have been able to recover some DNA as a result, which has been a plus.

Where are those results?

Keith

#644280 - 12/14/10 11:59 AM Re: Keep Bigfoot on your mind over the next few months [Re: stlhdr1]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Holy f%ck, Irie.

You're going after Stephen Hawking now?

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#644284 - 12/14/10 12:04 PM Re: Keep Bigfoot on your mind over the next few months [Re: Dan S.]
Irie Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Dan S.
Holy f%ck, Irie.

You're going after Stephen Hawking now?

laugh

#644288 - 12/14/10 12:08 PM Re: Keep Bigfoot on your mind over the next few months [Re: Dan S.]
Sky-Guy Offline
The Tide changed

Loc: Everett
I'll be honest with you guys. I've known RichG on these forums for nearly a decade, and I believe he is an honest man with integrity. If RichG has done this much work and thinks they exist, I'm inclined to believe him before I would doubt him.

Good luck out there Rich, I hope you someday get that "Holy Grail" photo....

Page 4 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 19 20 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Skate
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (Carcassman), 1458 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |