THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#662297 - 02/11/11 06:54 PM Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" [Re: boater]
cobble cruiser Offline
~B-F-D~

Originally Posted By: boater
i`d talk to wooldridge about having an 18 alaskan XL made, you can get a less pimped out model for a decent price

Couldn't agree more. Glen's family is responsible for the modern jetboat as we know it. I would listen to every piece of advice the man has to give. There is also a center console 17 AK with a 90/65 yam 4 stroke available in the pre owned link on their website. www.piscatorialpursuits.com

For some crazy reason the link is actually wooldridge but says PP. Just push it anyway.

Edited by cobble cruiser (02/11/11 07:07 PM)

#662301 - 02/11/11 07:06 PM Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" [Re: cobble cruiser]
Fish Stalker Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: S.W. Washington
Might be a reason why Alumaweld is the #1 sold river boat out there....jsut sayin

#662303 - 02/11/11 07:12 PM Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" [Re: Fish Stalker]
cobble cruiser Offline
~B-F-D~

Originally Posted By: Fish Stalker
Might be a reason why Alumaweld is the #1 sold river boat out there....jsut sayin

Everyone has their favorites for different reasons. thumbs

#662317 - 02/11/11 08:23 PM Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" [Re: cobble cruiser]
djsmith46 Offline
Parr

Thor 17' x 66". 90 hp 2 stroke. PM sent as well. I didn't want to trash anyones favorite manufacturer.

#662337 - 02/11/11 09:46 PM Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" [Re: large edward]
ColeyG Offline
Ranger Danger

Loc: AK
Originally Posted By: large edward
but was really disappointed with the Willie.

What disappointed you about the Willie?

After having spent time in North River, Boulton, Woolridge, Willies, and Alumaworthless river boats, I have yet to find one I like better than Willies.

The Classic, Predator, and Legend hull designs are all worth a look depending on your specific preferences and chosen water.

With the rivers DrifterWA has in mind, a fairly low angle bow tapering to flat in the back, perhaps even a tunnel hull, would seem to be a decent choice given the wide range of water depth/conditions.

As for motor, see what the manufacturer recommends for HP based on the boats specs, add a little more, and get whichever is the lightest between Yamaha, Honda, or Suzuki

EZ Thread Yarn Balls

"I don't care how you catch them, as long as you treat them well and with respect." Lani Waller in "A Steelheader's Way."

#662357 - 02/11/11 10:51 PM Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" [Re: stlhdr1]
stlhdr42 Offline
Spawner

Loc: where the fish swim
Another vote for a 17ft thor or koffler. Saw a nice black 17ft thor built for sale not long ago somewhere online. If you search around you would probably find it. Or you can buy my 18ft super vee, I am in the market for a big barge.

Edited by stlhdr42 (02/11/11 10:52 PM)

#662366 - 02/11/11 11:12 PM Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" [Re: ColeyG]
large edward Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Brier, WA
Originally Posted By: ColeyG
Originally Posted By: large edward
but was really disappointed with the Willie.

What disappointed you about the Willie?

The boats on the Willie's web site look sweet, but the example boat they brought to the Puy show was ugly and outdated. It had camo paint inside and out and an above-floor fuel tank sitting up front, but behind the bow deck. The tank height and deck height were different, kind of like what I've seen in Alumawelds. To me, that's an accident waiting to happen for anybody fishing up front while motordogging.

#662368 - 02/11/11 11:38 PM Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" [Re: stlhdr1]
Raptor24 Offline
Parr

Originally Posted By: stlhdr1
Originally Posted By: BossMan
You might as well add Koffler to the mix. They built me an 18' open sled three years ago and I was very pleased with the boat and they are great people to work with.

Without a doubt. Koffler and Thor Builts are the best river boats made for the Cow/Lewis/Columbia types....

Keith

Ya the Koffler and the Thor are nice boats, but Raptor is a way better Columbia boat, at least with a Raptor you will still have your kidneys attached with the Columbia River wind waves.
DrifterWa- I would really looked into the Willie Predator 5 degree tunnel hull. I do rep work with the Northwest Willie rep and if you wanna talk about some options, send me a pm and we can talk.

#662381 - 02/12/11 02:39 AM Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" [Re: Raptor24]
DrifterWA Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: East of Aberdeen, West of Mont...
I went, I saw, I talked, I looked, I questioned, I bought.........

Custom made.........17', 72" bottom, lot's of bells and whistles, ETech 90, gas tank, fish box under floor, diamond plate flooring, running lights, wash down pump, 2 batteries(up front), tachometer, Pro transom(neat item), auto bilge, Welded tramson eyes, 5 cleats, 8" wide side trays, gunnel w/rubber sliders(neat item also), 27" sides, 4 legged chair, fuse panel, fuel guage, diamond plae bow guard, step deck hatch, galvanized trailer 2400, with extra long side guides....I'm sure there is more and the price is $XXXXX.XX...

Should be ready in about 2.5 months........

Thanks for all that made recommendations......when you see, I'm sure you'll like.....

"I thought growing older, would take longer"

#662386 - 02/12/11 04:09 AM Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" [Re: DrifterWA]
ColeyG Offline
Ranger Danger

Well, let's have it...

Not a Willies.

EZ Thread Yarn Balls

"I don't care how you catch them, as long as you treat them well and with respect." Lani Waller in "A Steelheader's Way."

#662388 - 02/12/11 04:18 AM Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" [Re: ColeyG]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Another E-Tec added to the local ranks.

I'm startin' to feel little less and less like a misfit after all.

"If you don't kill them, they will spawn." (Carcassman)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#662389 - 02/12/11 04:24 AM Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" [Re: eyeFISH]
ColeyG Offline
Ranger Danger

What are you doing up so late doc? Don't you have lives to save or something?

As for the engine, if it wasn't made by evinrude, the e-tec would actually be a decent engine wink

EZ Thread Yarn Balls

#662390 - 02/12/11 04:27 AM Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" [Re: ColeyG]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
What are you doing up so late doc? Don't you have lives to save or something?

I was just about to ask you the same thing, Ranger!

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#662392 - 02/12/11 04:31 AM Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" [Re: ColeyG]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

What are you doing up so late doc?

Ancient Chinese Secret.

"If you don't kill them, they will spawn." (Carcassman)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#662393 - 02/12/11 06:09 AM Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" [Re: eyeFISH]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Originally Posted By: eyeFISH
What are you doing up so late doc?

Ancient Chinese Secret.

Up late doing laundry?

"We need more Calgon!"

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#662397 - 02/12/11 08:39 AM Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" [Re: Todd]
Eric Offline
River Nutrients

Holy crap!

Do ANY of you guys ever sleep?

#662408 - 02/12/11 11:15 AM Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" [Re: Eric]
large edward Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Brier, WA
Cool, congratulations. My guess from your description is that you went with the Wooldridge. I lover my open Koffler, but like I said the Wooldridge I saw at the Puy show was very impressive.

Edited by large edward (02/12/11 11:15 AM)

#662416 - 02/12/11 11:39 AM Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" [Re: large edward]
cobble cruiser Offline
~B-F-D~

That is what I thought as well but the dimensions threw me off a bit.

Drifter, You know wer'e just havin' fun with this but seriously....................................................The suspense is killin' us! grin

#662417 - 02/12/11 11:40 AM Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" [Re: DrifterWA]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Originally Posted By: DrifterWA
I went, I saw, I talked, I looked, I questioned, I bought.........

Custom made.........17', 72" bottom, lot's of bells and whistles, ETech 90, gas tank, fish box under floor, diamond plate flooring, running lights, wash down pump, 2 batteries(up front), tachometer, Pro transom(neat item), auto bilge, Welded tramson eyes, 5 cleats, 8" wide side trays, gunnel w/rubber sliders(neat item also), 27" sides, 4 legged chair, fuse panel, fuel guage, diamond plae bow guard, step deck hatch, galvanized trailer 2400, with extra long side guides....I'm sure there is more and the price is $XXXXX.XX...

Should be ready in about 2.5 months........

Thanks for all that made recommendations......when you see, I'm sure you'll like.....

Sounds like a very nice boat.... Love the 17'x72", that will be one heck of a platform!

Keith

#662418 - 02/12/11 11:43 AM Re: Help....Might have "new jet boat built" [Re: stlhdr1]
deerlick Offline
Spawner

Loc: around
sound like a thor built?

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Schmidtm, schmidty, Spinhead
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 358 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645410 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |