Three Rivers Marine

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#691265 - 06/28/11 01:03 PM Re: More Discovery Pass Idiocy [Re: Dogfish]
Larry B Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: University Place and Whidbey I...
So, as this discussion morphed into a pissing contest over what various organizations did or did not do in respect to how the Discover Pass was created and who paid and which organization received how much of the proceeds who has gained and who has lost? (Rhetorical question - no responses needed or desired) I am convinced that the result has not been positive change from constructive discussion/criticism. Very unfortunate!

From my perspective the real issue here is that we have just seen WDFW devalue the VAP to zero by referring to it as complimentary and therefore at least giving the impression that NONE of the license fees we pay will go toward maintenance. That could mean that WDFW will rely solely upon its 8% of the $30.00 ($2.40 gross before any administrative fee deducts) coming in from each sold Discover Pass for WDFW's maintenance program. If that is the case (and I hope I am wrong) I doubt that we will see any improvements in the field.

I believe Director Anderson should address this issue rather than allow the Department's major stakeholders to perceive that they have been disinfranchised. That action would be entirely within the perview of the Department under the concept of transparent Government. Here's hoping.

It's the person who has done nothing who is sure nothing can be done. (Ewing)

#691271 - 06/28/11 01:36 PM Re: More Discovery Pass Idiocy [Re: Larry B]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Well said, Larry. Honest, straightforward, no spin.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#691276 - 06/28/11 02:15 PM Re: More Discovery Pass Idiocy [Re: Dogfish]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Ahhhhh, damn dog!
Dogfish- I answered your question and stand by my statement that I will not second guess those that made the decision here on the internet, especially to someone that is throwing a tantrum.

I know Ron and Bear also and would not for the life of me come on here and rant and rave about what has occurred down in Olympia and what part they had in it,especially since I was not there! Good men both, bad decision, that remains to be seen.

And very well said Larry.

Fishy

Edited by Somethingsmellsf (06/28/11 02:16 PM)

The idea of a middle class life is slowly drifting away as each and every day we realize that our nation is becoming more of a corporatacracy.

I think name-calling is the right way to handle this one/Dan S

We're here from the WDFW and we're here to help--Uhh Ohh!

#691281 - 06/28/11 02:50 PM Re: More Discovery Pass Idiocy [Re: Larry B]
JohnQ Offline
Spawner

Loc: COF in the Upper Left Hand Cor...
Originally Posted By: Larry B
So, as this discussion morphed into a pissing contest over what various organizations did or did not do in respect to how the Discover Pass was created and who paid and which organization received how much of the proceeds who has gained and who has lost? (Rhetorical question - no responses needed or desired) I am convinced that the result has not been positive change from constructive discussion/criticism. Very unfortunate!

From my perspective the real issue here is that we have just seen WDFW devalue the VAP to zero by referring to it as complimentary and therefore at least giving the impression that NONE of the license fees we pay will go toward maintenance. That could mean that WDFW will rely solely upon its 8% of the $30.00 ($2.40 gross before any administrative fee deducts) coming in from each sold Discover Pass for WDFW's maintenance program. If that is the case (and I hope I am wrong) I doubt that we will see any improvements in the field.

I believe Director Anderson should address this issue rather than allow the Department's major stakeholders to perceive that they have been disinfranchised. That action would be entirely within the perview of the Department under the concept of transparent Government. Here's hoping.

Bravo!!!! & Well Stated. The only thing that I could possibly add of value would be, "That action would be entirely within the perview of the Department under the concept of transparent and Accountable Government."

Edited by JohnQ (06/28/11 02:51 PM)

AuntyM -- What Crab Audit???? Not That POS Senior AssHat Published!!!!

Hey Mr Childers, have you corrected that Scofflaw Spreadsheet Yet?????

#691292 - 06/28/11 03:19 PM Re: More Discovery Pass Idiocy [Re: Somethingsmellsf]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
SSF.

How many people attacked me when I stated my opinion? Count them. I was referred to as:

1. A liar.
2. Not being genuine as to where my interests lie.
3. I support gillnetting and over fishing by the Quinaults.
4. I am a shill for a legislator.
5. That my penis size was being brought into question.
6. That my reps are powerless without the help of the CCA, yet I am capable of single handedly bringing down the CCA. (Got a phone call on that one from Lead Bouncer. Need proof? I have a call log.)
7. Being wrong multiple times, yet refuted other peoples errors and proved my statements were correct with facts.
8. Being guilty of commiting a homosexual act.
9. Ignoring reality by probably the most clueless person here.
10. Giving special treatment to Blake in exchange for legislation I am in support of, and not calling him out on issues publicly.
11. Being a bad banker who can't do math.
12. Treating my friends poorly, who said many of the things above to me.

So because I state my opinion I deserve this? Denial, deflection, and defamation is how I was treated by rank and file members of the CCA. I show people they were wrong and they do the crap up above. If people pile on me and end up getting IBS'd, in your words, too bad. Call it a tantrum if you want. I'll give you that. Start a fight with me, and the gloves come off.

Instead of holding me accountable for bringing down CCA, why not hold your organization accountable? If membership leaves in droves because of their actions, then maybe, just maybe, they weren't properly supporting the views of their membership.

Edited by Dogfish (06/28/11 04:48 PM)
Edit Reason: forgot one insult

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#691320 - 06/28/11 04:57 PM Re: More Discovery Pass Idiocy [Re: Dogfish]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Ahhhhh, damn dog!
I only asked a question and when I did say something to the effect of IBS I was quick to point out that it was meant entirely in jest as everyone can tell that you and Marsha know each other.

Other than this I will have nothing more to say on this topic here and will ask my own questions face to face.

Fishy

The idea of a middle class life is slowly drifting away as each and every day we realize that our nation is becoming more of a corporatacracy.

I think name-calling is the right way to handle this one/Dan S

We're here from the WDFW and we're here to help--Uhh Ohh!

#691351 - 06/28/11 07:48 PM Re: More Discovery Pass Idiocy [Re: ]
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

Loc: West Duvall
Andy - That was a sisyphean task. But we all know who won. Well almost all of us know.

#691354 - 06/28/11 07:59 PM Re: More Discovery Pass Idiocy [Re: ]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
Originally Posted By: stam
Penny, declare Dogfish the winner by knockout and do what you do before someone gets hurt.

Good Damn Stam idea!

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Alpne Dan, bjcarpetguy, red river, westcoastdayton
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
4 registered (NOFISH, DrifterWA, stonefish, 1 invisible), 1034 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645379 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |