Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#770628 - 07/06/12 08:30 AM Re: great... [Re: ]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Loc: Olypen
Originally Posted By: blue water pro
On another note, not sure you can train a dog to like kids. My parents rott is funny won't let ANYONE in the yard unless they are children. Licks kids straight across the face, for some reason has a fondness for little people. Kids relate to dogs differently.

Maybe he's tasting them?

wink

#770708 - 07/06/12 01:21 PM Re: great... [Re: ]
AP a.k.a. Kaiser D Offline
Hippie

Loc: B'ham
Originally Posted By: blue water pro
In any case, been out smarted by my dog lots....but NEVER discouraged!

rofl

Classic.

#770716 - 07/06/12 01:40 PM Re: great... [Re: ]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: FishPrince
I've been outsmarted by a fish, which are a lot dumber than dogs.

You're not gonna' surprise a lot of people here with that remark FP.

#771278 - 07/09/12 12:29 AM Re: great... [Re: Salmo g.]
redhook
Unregistered

cats on his way back to the vet...

this aint lookin good...

#771279 - 07/09/12 12:33 AM Re: great... [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

WTF? Prayers sent!

Edited by Sol Duc (07/09/12 12:33 AM)

- Albert Einstein.

#771292 - 07/09/12 03:25 AM Re: great... [Re: Sol Duc]
redhook
Unregistered

this one has now sent him back, saying to kill him in the morning... that it would be "painfull" for him to die at home...

they ran a "complimentary" CAT Scan, that cost 71 bucks, and have now changed their minds from the Xray saying he swallowed something, and it traveled all the waaaay through his instestines, and into his colon, to now, he has "suspected" Stomach Cancer....

why are people lying to me? what did i do? why am i being driven into the dirt further?

if we want to keep him alive, its extensive surgery, and chemo, chemo runs around 6 grand for the treatemnt, without surgery...

im going to call a REAL vet tommorow, that my brother has taken animals too, that CARES about the animals.... i just hope he can make it through the night....

#771301 - 07/09/12 08:32 AM Re: great... [Re: ]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Loc: Olypen
Redhook, the last dog I had to put down I should have put down a week before I did, but I didn't want to feel like I hadn't done everything I could. But here's the deal. My dog wasn't feeling better, except for very brief periods, and it was expensive, emotionally draining, and expensive. It hurt to lose her. But looking back, I realize that I was wrong to keep her alive past her time.
Putting her down was painless for her and I held her as she died.

It's all your decision, and I respect your efforts and hope for the best for you and yours, but it may just be your cat's time to go to sleep and not wake up. Give it some thought. There are lots of critters out there that need someone to love them. Maybe your time/money would be better spent on one or more of them?

#771307 - 07/09/12 10:14 AM Re: great... [Re: ParaLeaks]
FishRanger Offline
Carcass

Loc: Where ever Dogfish tells me to...
Solid advice Slab. . .. . . RH, sorry you are going through this. ....

Decisions are made by those who show up.

"Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect." Ralph Waldo Emerson

#771356 - 07/09/12 02:26 PM Re: great... [Re: FishRanger]
redhook
Unregistered

i understand what your saying Slab, but i dont understand whats going on... how can they be "positive" that he has swallowed something, we pay a bunch of money for Xrays, while they watch that something travel through his sytem, then a couple days later, basically say you spent all that money, and its not what we said it was? but we will give you a "complimentary" CT scan, but you have to pay for it...

he has eaten a few bites of food here and there, but he hasnt crapped yet... that tells me that there is something blocking him, he has peed however... they said in the CT scan, that they could see water and such in his stomach, and it shouldnt be there, it should be moving... well, if you kink a hose, what happens? the water stops flowing, and it sits there....

last night before he went to the vet, something weird happened...i am only PART of this cats life, he is OUR pet... everyone was asking me what i thought, i said take him to the vet, then, 5 minutes later, we are back to what i thought we should do, and we ended up getting into a huge yelling match...i was sitting in my room, and my GF and mom were out in the living room, yelling... at one point, i said "the only other option is to fvcking kill him, is that what you want to do"? the cat walked from across the house, and laid infront of my door, staring at me, and meowed twice, as if he was to say "just hang on ill be ok", or, was he saying "dont argue, it will be ok", or, was he saying, "please just kill me"... im thinking it was more in the middle, but i dont know... it was just odd, and hes never done anything like that ever....

i just dont understandd..

why would it be one thing, that they were tracking through his system, that he still hasnt passed, to now, cancer, that is going to kill him in a week?

this is the actuall message from the bottom of the paper, and no, its not cut off, its how they wrote it...

first off, he never lost a pound anything, when he was brought in the first time, he was 10.25 pounds, when he was brought in last night, he was 10.9 pounds... how is that losing a pound? they cant give a deffinate anything, even after spending 1700+ dollars, WHY? it seems as if the vets are preying upon my blonde haired GF, i went the night he had to stay, she went last night... when i went, they really didnt want to talk to me, because i was telling them the exact things they were saying, as if they didnt want to me to get in the way of them getting some money... the doctors both said he should be OK, now, they are saying kill him... thats not very fvckin proffesional at ALL...

#771360 - 07/09/12 02:49 PM Re: great... [Re: ]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

RH,

You say you're going to call a REAL vet tomorrow. Let me ask you, if the vets you've been taking the cat to aren't REAL vets, then why the heck did you take the cat there? I know you're the official Piscatard here, but every time you post, you just demonstrate more clearly that you are your own worst enemy. Have you ever thought about getting some help?

Sorry about your cat man. It's never fun when a pet's time is up.

#771361 - 07/09/12 03:00 PM Re: great... [Re: ]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
My recommendation would be to cut your losses now and stop all of this. Put your cat down and end the needless suffering by both you, your family, and the cat.

It's not doing anyone any good.

Regardless of what has happened, it's kinda obvious that a simple FOD in the gut/colon of your cat would have passed by now. It appears to me that the Docs and the CT revealed a mass that's not going anywhere without expensive surgery and follow up chemo.

Pancreatic cancer is bad. Really bad. Hits fast and hard...which probably explains how and why this has come out of no where.

Take the cat in now and have him put down. It really is probably the best thing you can do for him now.

My cat of 12 years had to be put down because he got the kitty diabetes. I loved my cat to death (we was cool as all Hell) but no way was I going to give my cat hourly/daily insulin shots, monitor his glucose levels, take him in for exams every week, etc.

He was only going to suffer more in the future if I didn't act ASAP.

I had to take him to the vet to be put down while he was purring away in his cat carrier....happy as a clam. Got in one last hold, gave him a good scratching (purring away the whole time), said my goodbyes and let him go. Damn near killed me.

The point is, yeah it sucked. Big time. But, the cat wasn't going to suffer any more and was better off for it.

Less than a year later we adopted a new kitty. Another cool cat (not as cool, though). She likes us so much now that she even brought us a live rat to play with the other night! rofl

No one likes losing a loved pet, but put the cat down. Time to end this.

RIP, Kitters!

#771362 - 07/09/12 03:00 PM Re: great... [Re: Salmo g.]
redhook
Unregistered

getting help for what Salmo? for the fact that you misread what i say? thats not my problem, thats your problem...

REAL, as in not some huge corporation such as the Sumner Animal Hospital, that charges more than any other vet ive seen, they should be the best, the stupid place has 2 huge buildings in its complex, and they do everything there, or so they say...

the vet we may take him to, is the one that my brothers uses, he works out of his home, and helps people without alot of money as well... he has saved multiple animals for my brothers wifes family, and did work on my brothers cat as well... everything from cats, to Horses.... there is a big difference between doing it for the ANIMALS, and doing it for the MONEY, large companies are large for a reason...

people think they can just give others the run around, and get over on people and that its OK, that nothing will happen... if its truely cancer, i will find out, this other vet isnt afraid to perform surgeries to find out the TRUE answer... he also nurses the pets back himself... if its cancer, then so be it, if its NOT cancer, the vet that did the work better run, and fast, i will contact the BBB, the Attorney General, i will post complaints about them online, with full pictures of transcripts, what they said they did, what they did do, what they said it was, and what they said it is now, after taking our money.... if legal action is needed, thats not a problem either, we wont even need to pay for the lawyer....

#771363 - 07/09/12 03:06 PM Re: great... [Re: ]
redhook
Unregistered

its easier said than done Mike... i personally have never had to do anything like this before, my dad, has, but i was too young to even get what was going on...

what if it really is just something in there stuck? i will have to live with my desicion the rest of my life, wondering what if surgery was performed? what if?

this house is tight knit, animals and all... from what has been happening, its going to destroy it... people might say its "jsut a damn cat", ah hell, i dont even know anymore....

#771366 - 07/09/12 03:15 PM Re: great... [Re: ]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

The ultrasound imaging has ruled out the FOD idea. It's a cancerous mass, if one were to interpret and believe what was written by the Docs above.

Given where the mass is and how the cat is reacting, the early best prognosis of fatal pancreatic cancer is probably very correct.

I believe this to be a losing battle for everyone involved. Do what is best for the cat and his current well being.

Sometimes it's better to let go then try to hang on, especially when the outcome will ultimately be the same.

#771373 - 07/09/12 03:26 PM Re: great... [Re: ]
stonefish Offline
King of the Beach

Loc: Carkeek Park
If you think the cat swallowed something, isn't there some type of laxative your vet can give the cat to help it pass?
Since it isn't pooping, I'd trying something like that as a last resort. If that doesn't work, I'd suggest following Slab and Parkers advise.
Been there with my golden retiever, the last black lab I gave my dad before he passed away and it looks like the end of my 14 year old cat's run is coming very soon.
Never easy but it is the right thing to do for the animal.

#771377 - 07/09/12 03:32 PM Re: great... [Re: stonefish]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Originally Posted By: stonefish
If you think the cat swallowed something, isn't there some type of laxative your vet can give the cat to help it pass?

I'm not a real vet, but I can play on on PP......

(I do have a Doctorate of Divinity and am a Reverend...so that's pretty close)

I believe the cat is/was having dehydration issues. Forcing the cat to expel everything in it's bowels will only make the dehydration issue worse.

Not too sure the Rev. Dr. Parker would recommend that.....

#771378 - 07/09/12 03:42 PM Re: great... [Re: The Moderator]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Originally Posted By: rh
thats not my problem, thats your problem...

It must be that Salmo g. has no reading comprehension abilities.

It couldn't be that you're a f'n goat sometimes.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#771380 - 07/09/12 03:46 PM Re: great... [Re: Dan S.]
gvbest Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Silverdale, WA
Medicine is not an exact science, thats why it is called "practicing medicine". Things can appear on x-rays one day and then be gone the next or vice versa. Pretty sure the Vet's degree and license prove they are real vets vice someone who sits on the internet all day with goggle.

#771381 - 07/09/12 03:48 PM Re: great... [Re: The Moderator]
redhook
Unregistered

correct Mike (stick with Parker. Mike is not my legal first name so please do not use it as I hate it), if you give laxatives to them it will liquify everything in there, shoot right out, and dehydrate them even more, same as with being sick with the flu, and having diarehha, you get dehydrated, very very quickly... they gave us some "lubrication" type medicine that was supposed to help... hasnt done anything...

my GF just called as i got out of the shower, and asked how he was doing, i told her we likely will have to put him down.... dead silence...she is kinda busy the rest of the day with school, so, im going to atleast talk to the vet of my brothers here shortly, tell him the precise account of what has happened, and what is going on... and see what he has to say about it... if it ends up we need to put him down, i will take Kitters to him, he is cheaper (it doesnt really matter), but the main thing, hes out in the sticks out in Graham, in a house, not some big complex with hospital like insides... if i have to do this, i want him to be comfortable, and hes comfortable outside in the woods, not in a concrete jungle...

Kitters is only 7-8 years old... cancer doesnt know age tho, so if its the case, then so be it....having 3 other animals at 16,15 and 14, makes this that much harder, as its only a matter of time....

this is gonna suck..

#771384 - 07/09/12 03:58 PM Re: great... [Re: The Moderator]
stonefish Offline
King of the Beach

Loc: Carkeek Park
Originally Posted By: parker
Originally Posted By: stonefish

I'm not a real vet, but I can play on on PP......

(I do have a Doctorate of Divinity and am a Reverend...so that's pretty close)

I believe the cat is/was having dehydration issues. Forcing the cat to expel everything in it's bowels will only make the dehydration issue worse.

Not too sure the Rev. Dr. Parker would recommend that.....

Hell, I'm no vet either. How about a laxative and a fluid IV combo RDP? wink

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Budman, fishmonkey
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1047 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13525
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63780 Topics
645398 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |