Rate This Topic
#773681 - 07/20/12 05:49 PM Re: insanity... [Re: ]
redhook
Unregistered

this was posted by a friend on FB...

#773691 - 07/20/12 06:53 PM Re: insanity... [Re: ]
redhook
Unregistered

they are now saying that they are detonating what is in the apartment, while its in place, because they cannot enter it...

chemical and explosive devices...

#773694 - 07/20/12 06:57 PM Re: insanity... [Re: ]
redhook
Unregistered

i dont go to movie theaters... nice try tho..

#773700 - 07/20/12 07:42 PM Re: insanity... [Re: ]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Originally Posted By: FishPrince
I am really lucky. I almost went to that last night... I'm glad I decided to Bale out at the last moment. Honestly, what kind of Joker would do such a thing?

Well, whatever. The movie looked good. The FX blew the audience away. It really makes a difference when the shooting is in 3D.

I don't know, I think I'll wait a few days for the crowds to die down before I see it.

Maybe just a bit too soon, but I'm not quite sure.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#773702 - 07/20/12 08:16 PM Re: insanity... [Re: ]
AP a.k.a. Kaiser D Offline
Hippie

Loc: B'ham
"Theater employees searched patrons' bags and purses while taking their tickets."

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=744626

Fear rules the day. Pathetic that citizens would accept this. Then again, the average person that goes to the movies is a sheep that is ruled by fast food and fake reality TV.

#773708 - 07/20/12 10:13 PM Re: insanity... [Re: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Loc: Olypen
Why would anyone take their baby to such an event at that hour?

#773769 - 07/21/12 04:34 PM Re: insanity... [Re: Brewer]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
It's too bad everyone in the theater wasn't armed and they all just started shooting at everyone who was carrying a gun and shooting. Then only 225 people would be dead.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#773833 - 07/21/12 10:30 PM Re: insanity... [Re: ]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Loc: Olypen
More likely the bastard would have picked a safer area......

How is that "cower" and "coward" are so similar?

#773871 - 07/22/12 09:15 AM Re: insanity... [Re: ]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Originally Posted By: AuntyM
Originally Posted By: Todd
It's too bad everyone in the theater wasn't armed and they all just started shooting at everyone who was carrying a gun and shooting. Then only 225 people would be dead.

Fish on...

Todd

Ya know... that occured to me also. Most humans can't see very well in the dark.

He was able to see well enough to kill a dozen and wound 70+ people, with a gas mask on.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#773900 - 07/22/12 03:09 PM Re: insanity... [Re: ]
Driftin' Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Offshore
All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players:
They have their exits and their entrances....

But who's sitting in the director's chair?

#773901 - 07/22/12 03:31 PM Re: insanity... [Re: Driftin']
Driftin' Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Offshore
On Monday, in addition to TSA frottage coming to a movie theater near you, look for a congress(wo)man to propose legislation banning paintball....

The exception was Holmes' apartment building, where authorities were still collecting evidence. Authorities covered the windows of Holmes' apartment with black plastic to prevent anyone from seeing in. Before they did, a man in an ATF T-shirt could be seen measuring a poster on a closet that advertised a DVD called "Soldiers of Misfortune." The poster showed several figures in various positions playing paintball, some wearing masks.

... and masks.....

#774091 - 07/23/12 04:27 PM Re: insanity... [Re: Driftin']
redhook
Unregistered

read this, red flags pop up all over the place...

unemployed broke student, gets all the gear, ammo, guns, bomb making equipment, ect...

the bombs were sophisticated as all hell

in his court appearence, he looks to be out to lunch, seriously...

oh, and the UN gun treaty thing comes up in a week...

http://www.naturalnews.com/036536_James_Holmes_shooting_false_flag.html

#774104 - 07/23/12 05:20 PM Re: insanity... [Re: ]
Hippie

rolleyes

#774107 - 07/23/12 05:30 PM Re: insanity... [Re: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D]
redhook
Unregistered

didnt say i believed it AP, but dont say its not plausible... just too many inconsistancies, to not think about...

while the dude is smart (he looks retarded on the TV tho), a person cant just go on the internet and learn how to make bombs of that caliber, and booby traps, without anyone knowing anything about it, or seeing something suspicious... which would lead to him being taught by someone...

look at Kaczynski (another extremely smart person, matter of fact, genius smart), his bombs were garbage, 16 of which only killed 3 people... but this kids apartment was like "nothing ever seen", you dont just google stuff like that up, and then build it to a T, it would take testing, far more money, research, ect... it just doesnt make sense...

#774111 - 07/23/12 05:47 PM Re: insanity... [Re: ]
redhook
Unregistered

also, another subject, McVeigh...

from Wiki:

In May 1988, McVeigh graduated from U.S. Army Infantry School, at age 20. While in the military, McVeigh used much of his spare time to read about firearms, sniper tactics, and explosives. McVeigh was reprimanded by the military for purchasing a "White Power" T-shirt at a Ku Klux Klan protest against black servicemen who wore what he viewed as "Black Power" T-shirts around the army base.

McVeigh was awarded a Bronze Star for his service in the first Gulf War. He had been a top-scoring gunner with the 25mm cannon of the Bradley Fighting Vehicles used by the U.S. 1st Infantry Division to which he was assigned. He served at Fort Riley, Kansas, before Operation Desert Storm. At Fort Riley, McVeigh completed the Primary Leadership Development Course (PLDC). McVeigh later would say that the Army taught him how to switch off his emotions. He had special lifesaving training and may have saved the life of a comrade who had life-threatening shrapnel wounds.

McVeigh aspired to join the United States Army Special Forces (SF). After returning from the Gulf War, he entered the selection program to become an SF soldier, but he quit after his psychological profile categorized him as very unsuitable for SF. Shortly thereafter, McVeigh decided to leave the army. He was discharged on December 31, 1991. McVeigh was given an honorable discharge from the U.S. Army in May 1992.

McVeigh wasnt a genius tho, he was a medal winning soldier... a soldier, TAUGHT, to do the things he knew... and look at the damage he caused... a person with the right skillset, such as McVeigh, is extremely dangerous, his bomb however, was 2+ tons of ammonium nitrate, and Nitromethane, the gas used to run Top Fuel Dragsters and FUnny Cars... and is extremely expensive, and not the easiest to attain... the kids bombs, some were crude as of now, (the mortars), but the 2 parts that mixed, creating an initial explosion, is high grade proffesional stuff... i just doesnt add up is all im saying...

#774128 - 07/23/12 06:20 PM Re: insanity... [Re: ]
Hippie

Do you even read what you post?

Quit hyping this [Bleeeeep!], Redhook. I'll put gullible in your list of traits. The guy basically has trip wires, fireworks, and gasoline. Any fool could contruct most of that with a trip to the rez and a couple hours at home.

"They were able to disable a trip wire that was set to go off when the apartment door was opened. "This is some serious stuff that our team is dealing with... there were multiple trip wires throughout the apartment. Investigators have also seen what appear to be mortars planted in the apartment -- sort of the kind of mortars that might be seen in a commercial fireworks show.

...they have seen a number of inflated balloons in the apartment... with many appearing to be filled with a powder. Also linked together are bottles of liquid. ...a strong smell of gasoline emanating from the apartment.

...several boxes on top of the refrigerator and there are lights flashing on the boxes.

...30 aerial shells (fireworks) commercially legally available for purchase. ...the suspect may have filled them with smokeless powder. ...entering the apartment would have caused a trip wire to trigger one liquid container to pour/mix with another. When the two mix together, they set off the main charge of the device which may be additional flammable liquids."

#774132 - 07/23/12 06:29 PM Re: insanity... [Re: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D]
JTD Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Browns Point,Wa. USA

You missed a quote AP-

Search "ACOG" if you don't believe me. It is also reported that Holmes bought 6,000 rounds of ammo, which definitely isn't cheap either, especially given that we now know half of those rounds were rifle rounds. It's clear this guy was spending big bucks. Whether it's $10k or $20k isn't really that much of a point.

How credible could the author be if he writes "if you don't believe me"

Sound familiar?

smile
In the legend of King Arthur, the Fisher King was a renowned angler whose errant ways caused him to be struck dumb in the presence of the sacred chalice. I am no great fisherman, and a steelhead is not the covenant of Christ, but with each of these fish I am rendered speechless.

#774136 - 07/23/12 06:38 PM Re: insanity... [Re: JTD]
redhook
Unregistered

its more or less a blog, not an actual "article"...

also, it doesnt say if the "mortars" were dink "Festival Balls", or, like you said, commercial grade 4 inch mortars, like in this video... that you can purchase at the rez...

what do you think 30 of them in an apartment is going to do? along with gas, and whatever else was in there?

like i said, i dont nessecarilly beleive all of it, but it is interesting... im sure no country has ever done anything like have someone commit (or commit themselves), a scenario like this to make waves...

#774221 - 07/23/12 10:12 PM Re: insanity... [Re: ]
Illyrian Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Spokane, wa
Man has been killing man for millenia. Part of our humanity I guess.
About the only thing that is a variable is the means and the method.
Toss in a money grubbing media that lives on drama and you have the
scenario for as mad a picture as you could desire.
Chaos

entropy.

Wonder what bit of savagery the Olympics will engender.

#774403 - 07/24/12 06:47 PM Re: insanity... [Re: ]
Hippie

Created and released BEFORE the movie.

You should get together with RH and you two could have it ALL figured out.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Dick laxton, Lil Blue Sled, Lil Red Sled, Solash, The Moderator, WeServe
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1265 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645375 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |