THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#810825 - 12/28/12 11:17 PM Re: WTF? No assault weapon used at Sandy Hook shooting [Re: Todd]
Big_Daddy
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Todd
.........From talking to Randy today it seems that we should have no trouble defining what a "high capacity magazine" is.

A "high capacity magazine" is a $10 part that is selling for $40, which means buyers are either four times as afraid, or four times as dumb as they were two weeks ago.

Or both.

Fish on...

Todd

Sad thing is, $40 is a good buy as of right now.

If you don't think so, check out eBay and Gunbroker.

#810828 - 12/28/12 11:57 PM Re: WTF? No assault weapon used at Sandy Hook shooting [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Wades had them today for 34.95....lot's of them too.

- Albert Einstein.

#810843 - 12/29/12 01:12 AM Re: WTF? No assault weapon used at Sandy Hook shooting [Re: Sol Duc]
Big_Daddy
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Sol Duc

Hell of a deal.......... rofl

#810844 - 12/29/12 01:18 AM Re: WTF? No assault weapon used at Sandy Hook shooting [Re: ]
redhook
Unregistered

how much are used going for? the standard metal/issue mags? i know where i can get an assload for 10 bucks a crack... a bunch of Pmags too, but they are used as well... not beat, but not in the package...

#810846 - 12/29/12 01:33 AM Re: WTF? No assault weapon used at Sandy Hook shooting [Re: ]
Big_Daddy
Unregistered

Depending on condition, I have seen the metal mags sell for $15-$25.

I have seen used PMAGs listed for $20-$30.

Used is definitely more of a gamble on the resale market.

#810848 - 12/29/12 01:59 AM Re: WTF? No assault weapon used at Sandy Hook shooting [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Originally Posted By: Big_Daddy
Originally Posted By: Sol Duc

Hell of a deal.......... rofl

Their 20 round mags were the same price? I'm going to take one of my NIB Colt AR's in there tomorrow to see if they'll trade 4 Glocks of my choice for it.

- Albert Einstein.

#810862 - 12/29/12 11:21 AM Re: WTF? No assault weapon used at Sandy Hook shooting [Re: Sol Duc]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Funny thing. When you are a regular customer of a gun shop, and drive a lot of business their way, currently marked retail prices fade away.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#810867 - 12/29/12 11:47 AM Re: WTF? No assault weapon used at Sandy Hook shooting [Re: ]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

This is my 12' bench. We have another 16' bench, with more machinery. Powder and primer magazines are in another room.

Edited by Dogfish (12/29/12 11:49 AM)

#810872 - 12/29/12 12:16 PM Re: WTF? No assault weapon used at Sandy Hook shooting [Re: ]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Loc: Olypen
fisheye lenses are great board benders

#810876 - 12/29/12 12:44 PM Re: WTF? No assault weapon used at Sandy Hook shooting [Re: ParaLeaks]
Timber Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Stumpy Acres
I shoot mainly bolt action rifles and shotguns so I don't load more then a few hundred per rifle chambering....

#810910 - 12/29/12 04:02 PM Re: WTF? No assault weapon used at Sandy Hook shooting [Re: ]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Originally Posted By: Hankster
Originally Posted By: Slab Happy
fisheye lenses are great board benders

I knew it was an optical illusion..DF is too good at building chit to allow that to happen.

Plum, level & square.

#810913 - 12/29/12 04:17 PM Re: WTF? No assault weapon used at Sandy Hook shooting [Re: Dogfish]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

I'm getting all horned up just looking at this thread. blush

- Albert Einstein.

#810922 - 12/29/12 05:19 PM Re: WTF? No assault weapon used at Sandy Hook shooting [Re: Sol Duc]
redhook
Unregistered

i dont know what to think about this... what do you guys think?

the LIBOR stuff is interesting tho...

http://shortlittlerebel.wordpress.com/2012/12/16/urgent-update-on-connecticut-shooting/

#810973 - 12/29/12 08:26 PM Re: WTF? No assault weapon used at Sandy Hook shooting [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Originally Posted By: redhook
i dont know what to think about this... what do you guys think?

the LIBOR stuff is interesting tho...

http://shortlittlerebel.wordpress.com/2012/12/16/urgent-update-on-connecticut-shooting/

I don't know why it continues to amaze me that people seem to get stupider and stupider and stupider every day. I sure hope that woman has not bred.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#811009 - 12/29/12 11:04 PM Re: WTF? No assault weapon used at Sandy Hook shooting [Re: ]
Big_Daddy
Unregistered

Opps........It looks like someone may have rushed to a conclusion and/or "cooked" some of the information for their own special interests: Could that really happen???....LOL

And no this is not from FOX News.

The apparent truth is matching up closely to the original reports that handguns were used.

http://video.today.msnbc.msn.com/today/50208495#50208495

#811015 - 12/29/12 11:22 PM Re: WTF? No assault weapon used at Sandy Hook shooting [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

I don't get it ? crazy How fcking hard is it? You could send a third grader in the class room to pick up the shell casings and tell within ten minutes what type of guns were used? WTF over? shoot

- Albert Einstein.

#811026 - 12/29/12 11:35 PM Re: WTF? No assault weapon used at Sandy Hook shooting [Re: ]
Big_Daddy
Unregistered

The only time a handgun was used was when that whacko put one up to his head.

The initial reports, immediately after the shooting, was that handguns were used and an Bushmaster was found in his vehicle.

Then it changed, about 36 hours later, to he used the Bushmaster inside the school.

Now the above news update stating that the Bushmaster never left his vehicle.

Very interesting how trained professionals could have such a hard time identifying the weapons used.

And Hank.......you speak in such certainties yet certainly have no first hand knowledge.

#811040 - 12/29/12 11:56 PM Re: WTF? No assault weapon used at Sandy Hook shooting [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

The only time a handgun was used was when that whacko put one up to his head.

Hopefully it was the 10mm.

- Albert Einstein.

#811041 - 12/29/12 11:58 PM Re: WTF? No assault weapon used at Sandy Hook shooting [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Originally Posted By: Chuck S.
remove the media ... and it gets a whole lot easier to understand.

If it wasn't for the media, we'd never know.

- Albert Einstein.

#811045 - 12/30/12 12:03 AM Re: WTF? No assault weapon used at Sandy Hook shooting [Re: Sol Duc]
ColeyG Offline
Ranger Danger

Loc: AK
Perhaps it is semantics, couldn't any weapon used to assault someone be classified as an "assault weapon?" I really hate that term. In reality it is meaningless and arbitrary.

We could just as easily have chosen to call them "defense weapons" as they (the governments definition I guess) are much more commonly used for that purpose.

EZ Thread Yarn Balls

"I don't care how you catch them, as long as you treat them well and with respect." Lani Waller in "A Steelheader's Way."

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 1078 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645298 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |