Three Rivers Marine

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#815538 - 01/16/13 12:48 PM Re: And so it starts...... [Re: Dogfish]
Illyrian Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Spokane, wa
Give me Liberty or give me Death. Wonder what Patrick Henry would say about the current government edicts.

#815542 - 01/16/13 12:58 PM Re: And so it starts...... [Re: Illyrian]
Sky-Guy Offline
The Tide changed

Loc: Everett
The orders he signed today are all very succinct and unambiguous, and I like them...Here's the list:

1. "Issue a presidential memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system."

2. "Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system."

3. "Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system."

4. "Direct the attorney general to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks."

5. "Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun."

6. "Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers."

7. "Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign."

8. "Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission)."

9. "Issue a presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations."

10. "Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement."

11. "Nominate an ATF director."

12. "Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations."

13. "Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime."

14. "Issue a presidential memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence."

15. "Direct the attorney general to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies."

16. "Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes."

17. "Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities."

18. "Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers."

19. "Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education."

20. "Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover."

21. "Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges."

22. "Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations."

23. "Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health."

#815543 - 01/16/13 01:02 PM Re: And so it starts...... [Re: Illyrian]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Here they are.

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/MSNBC/Sectio...ive-Actions.pdf

I don't have any issue with any of the EO's as they stand by themselves. The implementation of these directives should still be scrutinized.

Found a few a little interesting.
4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.

9. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.

So why again is our President claiming executive privilege to protect Eric Holder, the Attorney General, from an investigation to his departments actions of Fast and Furious, especially when you look at these two items? Not trying to be like paste eater, but really, if he wishes to live up to his campaign promise of being a transparent administration, why not air it out?

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#815547 - 01/16/13 01:05 PM Re: And so it starts...... [Re: Sky-Guy]
Timber Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Stumpy Acres
All I am seeing is more tax dollars being spent on feel good projects....

None of this will make a difference in the amount of criminals that have illegal guns.....

#815564 - 01/16/13 01:43 PM Re: And so it starts...... [Re: Tillanook]
willametteriveroutlaw Offline
Spawner

Loc: Idaho
Originally Posted By: Tillanook

One thousand one, one thousand two....you must be real quick. Where were you pulling your extra mags from during your controlled environment training exercise? I doubt your average physco walking through a public place is going to be able to duplicate what a trained professional is able to do in a training exercise. Besides I would take the 1-2 seconds it took physco to reload over the time it would take to pull the trigger one more time.

Your guys arguments that high capacity mags don't matter hold about as much water as bucket blasted to sh!t with a weapon loaded with one.

Have you ever done a quick mag change? I can do one in less than 5 seconds an about any weapon that has a magazine.

Judging by your comments, you have no or little experience dealing with guns with clips.

BTW, most of these nut jobs practiced before there sprees, except the Clackamas mall idiot who had no idea what his weapon was capable of.

Sorry, the problem is not guns or magazines, its dumbfuks.

#815566 - 01/16/13 01:57 PM Re: And so it starts...... [Re: willametteriveroutlaw]
Illyrian Offline
Repeat Spawner

amen

#815567 - 01/16/13 01:57 PM Re: And so it starts...... [Re: Dogfish]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

DF, mark my words...NY will be another Chicago in 5 years or less.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/nra-h...--politics.html

- Albert Einstein.

#815583 - 01/16/13 02:22 PM Re: And so it starts...... [Re: Sky-Guy]
blackmouth Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: right place/wrong time
On the surface the executive orders seem innocuous. As always the truth will lie in the details and the implementation of the E.O.'s.

Unfortunately President Obama has given me little reason to be sanguine.

"So it goes." Kurt Vonnegut jr.

#815606 - 01/16/13 04:07 PM Re: And so it starts...... [Re: Dogfish]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Hows this for timing? Barry must be livid. laugh

A brief update from a Republican Insider fighting to renew conservative principles and defeat the globalist Big Government liberalism of Barack Obama and his supporters.

(“Like a spoiled brat he can’t believe he had to scrap the original speech for today’s version.”)

Like me you were probably watching the president’s gun control speech today. Was told this morning the presentation today was a revised version that was completed just last night after a bunch of back and forth between the White House and Senate leaders. Guessing that would be Harry Reid mostly. Last week the president was ready to go all in on the executive order scenario. Confiscation was going to be in play. Then the backlash came and it forced Obama to back off. He didn’t want to but after Reid said it was a no go, and the NRA was preparing to go to war with the White House, the president was given a revised script and that is what we heard this morning. You could tell too. Obama stumbled over the words more than usual. He didn’t have the time to prep the script like he normally does. Probably fuming he was forced to read the new version also.

This time WE WON and OBAMA LOST.

If people want to know how to go at the administration, this is how you do it. Be informed, and make your voices heard. This is an example of how the new media I have been telling you about can work against the globalists. It can be a huge weapon against them. And a big thank you to the NRA. It took on Obama and didn’t back off. A big part of the plan coming from the White House was to cripple the NRA and make it a liability for 2014 and beyond. That didn’t work and it will be a liability, but one that is going to hurt Democrats, not conservatives. Big time backfire for the Obama White House. I was told it “rocked them on their heels”. They fundamentally don’t understand the American people and they didn’t see this backlash coming. They have the media, and the glossy presentations, but they don’t really understand the American people and this debate was a pure example of that being played out. I love it!

Now from here it’s clear Obama wants to try and use the issue as leverage for the 2014 midterms. They are hoping they can salvage something out of what became a fiasco for them. I just don’t sense enough Democrats willing to play along on this one though. Apparently the NRA and some other groups were lining up primary challengers to Democrats who went along with the president’s gun control plans and letting those Democrats know it was coming. That scared the heck out of them. Barack Obama is entering his lame duck phase, and the Democrats know it. After 2014 he becomes a museum piece. The president knows that too and it’s really ticking him off. We have to rub that in his face 24/7 while also building the conservative base back up into the kind of powerful entity it should be. Congrats to the state governments that were willing to voice opposition too. They did that and took on a lot of risk. Heard a list is being made and federal dollars might be taken away from them. Those state leaders knew that could happen but took on the administration anyways. That’s real leadership and courage being put on display for all of us and voters living in those states need to let those leaders know it is appreciated. You know how I feel about how important the 10th Amendment is, and today was also a big victory for the 10th Amendment against the Obama White House.

When people get involved, and make some noise, they still have the power. Use the new media, contact the lawmakers both state and federal, and talk to the people around you. That is power. That is what makes America so great and that is what happened today.

The president had his little moment, and was pretending it meant something, but he said nothing. That 21 (23) point plan or whatever it was, was hollow. It was a gutted version of what he was hoping to do as recently as a few days ago. Instead, he had to roll over and made a weak threat to Congress but that threat starts in the Senate and they already told him to shut up. Obama backed off. He lost this time, and it was all because of the American people. His media will try to spin it as something different, and if he gets another chance, the president will be right back to pushing for confiscation, but for now, we won this particular fight.

This victory is a lot bigger than you’ll hear in the regular media. It’s a lot bigger than anyone who stood their ground will ever know about. The Obama White House was trying to go very big on this gun control thing, and couldn’t pull it off. And Barack Obama is livid about it. Like a spoiled brat he can’t believe he had to scrap the original speech for today’s version.

Today was a great day for the good guys. Of course, there’s always another fight just around the corner, so we have to be ready. Let your readers know they did a great job on this. Each of them were a part of forcing the president to back off. Let’s do it again!

- Albert Einstein.

#815611 - 01/16/13 04:33 PM Re: And so it starts...... [Re: Illahee]
Misguided Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: SWWA
Originally Posted By: Illahee
The NRA really likes scared sheepeople.

Just like the Liberal sheeples do!!!
What you may like & feel is 180* from many on the other side of the fence so deal with it, they have the same rights as you...

2nd Generation Army Veteran and Damn Proud of it.

Misguided was the name of my 1st drift boat, I am not to be associated with LAWLESSNESS!!!!

#815615 - 01/16/13 04:57 PM Re: And so it starts...... [Re: Misguided]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Sol Dunce, if you believe almost anything in that "insider piece" then you, too, should order up a ration of tinfoil hats. What a load of shitt.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#815619 - 01/16/13 05:03 PM Re: And so it starts...... [Re: Todd]
Sky-Guy Offline
The Tide changed

Sol Duc, keepin' the Paranoia Real!

#815621 - 01/16/13 05:07 PM Re: And so it starts...... [Re: Misguided]
docspud Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Silverdale Wa
Amazing that someone as scared as Illahee and asking for bans of weapons and government protection would not see the hypocrisy in calling people who want less govern BS "scared Sheeple".

Just remember Illahee.....Everyone is out to get you. The govern said so. Those long lines at the airpost......Your protection. Phone taps.....Protection. Regulations.....Your protection. All the BS is to protect you. Same with these new bans and EO's.....Your protection.

Wasn't it Franklin that said "those who give up freedoms for security will have neither"?

#815623 - 01/16/13 05:11 PM Re: And so it starts...... [Re: docspud]
redhook
Unregistered

yep, it was Franklin doc...

George Washington said this:

A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to mantain a status of independance from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include thier own government...

#815626 - 01/16/13 05:44 PM Re: And so it starts...... [Re: docspud]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Hey Einstein,

Bush, whose balls you were scrubbing all the time, put the TSA in place and grew the governemnt more than it has every been grown before.

Where was your outrage then?

Illahee served this country in uniform..........apparently he wasn't too scared to grab a weapon then. Maybe you'd like to compare service records?

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#815632 - 01/16/13 06:14 PM Re: And so it starts...... [Re: Dan S.]
Illyrian Offline
Repeat Spawner

Include yours Dan S.

#815633 - 01/16/13 06:18 PM Re: And so it starts...... [Re: Sky-Guy]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Originally Posted By: Sky-Guy

Pot, meet Kettle. wink

Rather surprised that your response was an "all in" to the EO's. Not even a reserved response.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#815636 - 01/16/13 06:22 PM Re: And so it starts...... [Re: Todd]
Illyrian Offline
Repeat Spawner

zipThe expert on shitt speaks.

#815651 - 01/16/13 06:42 PM Re: And so it starts...... [Re: willametteriveroutlaw]
Tillanook Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Oregon
Your absolutely right I don't have alot of experience with semiautomatic weapons, I've been around a few but I never saw need for one. I'm just a guy who grew up with shotguns and rifles and a few revolvers. I did buy a .40 Springfield XDM last year to keep under the pillow.

I think that keeping a close eye on the df's out there that have access to weapons would be a much more affective approach than trying to gather up peoples assault weapons. But I don 't think thats going to happen.

#815658 - 01/16/13 07:00 PM Re: And so it starts...... [Re: Dogfish]
Sky-Guy Offline
The Tide changed

Originally Posted By: Dogfish
Originally Posted By: Sky-Guy

Pot, meet Kettle. wink

Rather surprised that your response was an "all in" to the EO's. Not even a reserved response.

Uh, I'm no kettle in the Paranoia game.
Regarding the EO's, that may have been a bit quick on the trigger. Now that I read what the new legislation will cost, I am not in support.. I see Obama was happy to increase spending A TON in support these new orders. At some point you have to ask yourself if DC is purposely driving us off a cliff....but I dont ask those questions here, because then I'd be labled Paranoid by half of you smile

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/least-45-billion-new-spending-gun-control_696120.html

Among the new spending the president proposed:

• $4 billion for the president’s proposal “to help keep 15,000 cops on the streets in cities and towns across the country.” (That is roughly $266,000 per police officer.)

• $20 million to “give states stronger incentives to make [relevant] data available [for background checks] … “$50 million for this purpose in FY2014”

• “$14 million to help train 14,000 more police officers and other public and private personnel to respond to active shooter situations.”

• “$10 million for the Centers for Disease Control to conduct further research, including investigating the relationship between video games, media images, and violence.”

• $20 million to expand the National Violent Death Reporting System.

• $150 million to “put up to 1,000 new school resource officers and school counselors on the job.”
• “$30 million of one-time grants to states to help their school districts develop and implement emergency management plans.”

• $50 million to help 8,000 schools “create safer and more nurturing school climates.”

• $15 million to “provide “Mental Health First Aid” training for teachers.”

• $40 million for school districts to “work with law enforcement, mental health agencies, and other local organizations to assure students with mental health issues or other behavioral issues are referred to the services they need.”

• $25 million for state-based strategies that support “young people ages 16 to 25 with mental health or substance abuse issues.”

• $25 million to “offer students mental health services for trauma or anxiety, conflict resolution programs, and other school-based violence prevention strategies.”

• $50 million to “train social workers, counselors, psychologists, and other mental health professionals.”

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
3 registered (stonefish, 20 Gage, 1 invisible), 1040 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645295 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |