Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#815661 - 01/16/13 07:20 PM Re: And so it starts...... [Re: Sky-Guy]
blackmouth Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: right place/wrong time
Originally Posted By: Sky-Guy
At some point you have to ask yourself if DC is purposely driving us off a cliff....but I dont ask those questions here, because then I'd be labled Paranoid by half of you smile

Psssst, Don't tell anyone but I'm afraid it would be more that half.

But not to worry, the best of the board realizes that your quip was tongue in cheek.

"So it goes." Kurt Vonnegut jr.

#815670 - 01/16/13 07:48 PM Re: And so it starts...... [Re: Tillanook]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Originally Posted By: Tillanook

I think that keeping a close eye on the df's out there that have access to weapons would be a much more affective approach than trying to gather up peoples assault weapons. But I don 't think thats going to happen.

Really? Keeping an eye on me? Whatever for? I'm a banker, live fairly clean, been president of my school board, ran a bond levy for my kids school, hobby farmer, good father and husband, I have proposed legislation and saw it passed, even shook the governor's hand after she signed it. Pillar of the community, I am. No really, I am. How often, either openly or behind the scenes have I helped folks here and asked for nothing in return? More than probably 99% of the folks here. Don't mean to brag. It is just the facts.

When you need help protecting your rights, let me know. Oh wait, keeping you apprised of the situation at hand, and letting you know that you may wish to stock up on your 16rd mags before they are legislated out of reach might be considered being helpful. Also, as a bit of safety advice, bedside table or a quick safe would be a better option than under your pillow. Would hate to see a ND take out a fellow fisherman..

Take care, I wish you well.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#815674 - 01/16/13 07:55 PM Re: And so it starts...... [Re: Dogfish]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

You renegade!!! moose

- Albert Einstein.

#815677 - 01/16/13 08:08 PM Re: And so it starts...... [Re: ]
NOFISH Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Olalla, WA
Originally Posted By: stam
Originally Posted By: Dogfish

Really? Keeping an eye on me? Whatever for? I'm a banker, live fairly clean, been president of my school board, ran a bond levy for my kids school, hobby farmer, good father and husband, I have proposed legislation and saw it passed, even shook the governor's hand after she signed it. Pillar of the community, I am. No really, I am. How often, either openly or behind the scenes have I helped folks here and asked for nothing in return? More than probably 99% of the folks here. Don't mean to brag. It is just the facts.

When you need help protecting your rights, let me know. Oh wait, keeping you apprised of the situation at hand, and letting you know that you may wish to stock up on your 16rd mags before they are legislated out of reach might be considered being helpful. Also, as a bit of safety advice, bedside table or a quick safe would be a better option than under your pillow. Would hate to see a ND take out a fellow fisherman..

I am better for knowing you. Thank you.

+infinity thumbs Dogfish is the Salt of the Earth.

Damn Stam!
Remember, Ask yourself "What would Stam do?" smile

#815687 - 01/16/13 08:50 PM Re: And so it starts...... [Re: NOFISH]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Yeah.............if you have a problem with Andy, I gotta tell ya, it's probably you that's not thinking it through all the way.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#815690 - 01/16/13 08:56 PM Re: And so it starts...... [Re: ]
Black Bart Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Adna
Stam is right. I too am better for it.

Doing things out of pocket for people he does not even know is what Dogfish is all about. All of us Lewis County Regulars are enriched by his presence in the next County over.

Thank you Andy for who you are and what you do.

#815700 - 01/16/13 09:30 PM Re: And so it starts...... [Re: ]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Loc: Olypen
Well, what I read originally that was going to be proposed or EO'd was drastically different than what was signed.

I was all prepared to ask Todd if he considered it "gun grabbing" since he has been so adamant about there never being a gun grab.
As yet I think there is not......what the future will bring.....???
So I'll table the question until later.

#815716 - 01/16/13 10:15 PM Re: And so it starts...... [Re: ParaLeaks]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

http://youtu.be/IxUaIdiUUrI

Shenanigans that were narrowly avoided in NY this week. Check out the time around minute 4. NY was considering confiscation.

#815722 - 01/16/13 10:20 PM Re: And so it starts...... [Re: Dogfish]
willametteriveroutlaw Offline
Spawner

Loc: Idaho

I think that keeping a close eye on the df's out there that have access to weapons would be a much more affective approach than trying to gather up peoples assault weapons. But I don 't think thats going to happen.

I have never met you personally, but if you ever want to fish the columbia or willamette, PM me and the seat is yours. It'd be an honor to have you in my boat.

#815735 - 01/16/13 10:34 PM Re: And so it starts...... [Re: Illyrian]
Rossiman Offline
Spawner

Loc: Monroe, WA
I am pro-gun. However, I agreed with a lot of the 23 "orders" from Obummer even though i think he's a dam nub. Should have been a vote through Congress... I strongly disagree however with most of the "proposals" which includes a ban on mags holding over 10 rounds and a AWB. Thankfully, those are the 2 least likely to get passed. I want prices to go back to "semi" normal.

In a self defense situation i want the MOST rounds available. The two guns i carry most of the time both hold over 10 rounds and one is a compact... The last AWB did nothing and there used in less than 1% of gun violence/crime. They are however used on a daily basis for hunting, target shooting/competitive shooting, training classes and for personal defense. For every 1 unfortunate mass shooting with a AR-15, there used hundreds to several thousands of times for self defense... A buddy in AZ a few weeks ago shot two home burglars with a AR-15.

#815740 - 01/16/13 10:41 PM Re: And so it starts...... [Re: ]
blackmouth Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: right place/wrong time
Originally Posted By: Banned User
That's because yer a total fuking dumshit scabby

Perhaps it's time to consider another self imposed bann again KK, and if you do please remember that you will be missed, ?

"So it goes." Kurt Vonnegut jr.

#815744 - 01/16/13 10:48 PM Re: And so it starts...... [Re: Rossiman]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Every FTF gun deal I've ever done, the buyer bettter have a valid WDL in addition to a CCW. Or they don't get a gun from me. thumbs

- Albert Einstein.

#815769 - 01/16/13 11:33 PM Re: And so it starts...... [Re: Sol Duc]
Rossiman Offline
Spawner

Originally Posted By: Sol Duc
Every FTF gun deal I've ever done, the buyer bettter have a valid WDL in addition to a CCW. Or they don't get a gun from me. thumbs
Same here... Good rule to have!

#815784 - 01/17/13 12:40 AM Re: And so it starts...... [Re: Rossiman]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

http://youtu.be/lmPCRJJFlKA

Same assemblyman from NY discussing the issues with this legislation. Basically, the bill was released Sunday night, they voted on it Monday, and provisions as they apply to law abiding citizens took place immediately upon Cuomo signing the bill. Provisions that apply to criminals take place in 60 days. There was no opportunity to review the legislation, nor the opportunity for public comment.

So Todd, yes, they intend to come after my firearms unless myself and others, especially our elected officials, stand up and fight and do not cower in a corner.

I can only hope that our elected officials will be as brutally honest as Steve McLaughlin, defend our rights as they are today, and do not make us criminals through legislation.

#815795 - 01/17/13 01:35 AM Re: And so it starts...... [Re: Dogfish]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Todd is looking pretty stupid at this point, he needs to STFU already! wink

- Albert Einstein.

#815803 - 01/17/13 01:57 AM Re: And so it starts...... [Re: Sol Duc]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

I like Todd, and don't see the need to talk to him that way. Pointing out specific facts has a much more profound effect.

I really would like to see the proposals that were not included in that NY legislation, along with the names of the reps/senators who were pushing for confiscation.

#815841 - 01/17/13 11:07 AM Re: And so it starts...... [Re: Dogfish]
Rossiman Offline
Spawner

http://youtu.be/lmPCRJJFlKA

Same assemblyman from NY discussing the issues with this legislation. Basically, the bill was released Sunday night, they voted on it Monday, and provisions as they apply to law abiding citizens took place immediately upon Cuomo signing the bill. Provisions that apply to criminals take place in 60 days. There was no opportunity to review the legislation, nor the opportunity for public comment.

So Todd, yes, they intend to come after my firearms unless myself and others, especially our elected officials, stand up and fight and do not cower in a corner.

I can only hope that our elected officials will be as brutally honest as Steve McLaughlin, defend our rights as they are today, and do not make us criminals through legislation.

Mclaughlin owned that jackass...

#815847 - 01/17/13 11:19 AM Re: And so it starts...... [Re: Sol Duc]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Originally Posted By: sd
Todd is looking pretty stupid at this point, he needs to STFU already!

Pot
Kettle
Black

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#815866 - 01/17/13 12:02 PM Re: And so it starts...... [Re: Dogfish]
Tillanook Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Oregon

None of my comments went meant to be directed at you Dog. Sorry if it sounded like that. I was refering to peope who have real mental illness and access to weapons, like the kid in Conneticut. The kid was obviously competely crazy and his mom has all these guns available to him. I'm not saying she shouldn't have the right to own those guns. But that is a situation that needs very close monitoring by mental health and others at a minimum.

You say that the high capacity mags don't matter but then you tell me to run out and stock up on them before its too late?

And you don't need to worry about my safety...the "under my pillow" comment was meant as figuratively not literaly.

You mentioned murder statistics in New York in an earlier post and how the majority were commited without guns. But every recent mass killing has been commited with semi-automatic weapons and that is what people are worried about. Mass shootings resulting in mass killings.

#815890 - 01/17/13 12:51 PM Re: And so it starts...... [Re: Sol Duc]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Originally Posted By: Sol Duc
Todd is looking pretty stupid at this point, he needs to STFU already! wink

You're about as stupid as they come and needed to STFU about five years ago.

Last I checked Andy didn't live in New York State, so no one will be grabbing his guns.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (stonefish), 1060 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645293 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |