THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 4 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14 15 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#839044 - 05/17/13 03:24 AM Re: The re-incarnation of the F/V eyeFISH... [Re: fp]
neon Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Talkeetna
Even naked, she's a big 'ol BEAUT!

#839052 - 05/17/13 08:50 AM Re: The re-incarnation of the F/V eyeFISH... [Re: neon]
sykofish Offline
I'm not short, I'm 'fun size'

Loc: Mulletville
Looking good. Cant wait to see the finished product.

Rusty Bell

#839067 - 05/17/13 11:04 AM Re: The re-incarnation of the F/V eyeFISH... [Re: sykofish]
STRIKE ZONE Offline
GOOD LUCK

Loc: Hobart,Wa U.S.A
Lookin real good. Good luck,

SZ

#839120 - 05/17/13 03:00 PM Re: The re-incarnation of the F/V eyeFISH... [Re: STRIKE ZONE]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Lookin good Doc!

Should be a great boat to fish out of!

Does one still need a CCA card to join the fun?

Keith

#839198 - 05/17/13 09:47 PM Re: The re-incarnation of the F/V eyeFISH... [Re: stlhdr1]
Ofishal Bizness Offline
Smolt

Loc: Poulsbo, WA
Cool sled Doc. Thanks for sharing the build pics with us all.

Member PSA Sno-King

Alumaweld Blackhawk 202 - Merc 150 Optimax - Ofishal Bizness

#839211 - 05/17/13 10:41 PM Re: The re-incarnation of the F/V eyeFISH... [Re: Ofishal Bizness]
Brewer Offline

Loc: in the mass production zone
your going to need stilts to look over the side!

#839262 - 05/18/13 03:05 AM Re: The re-incarnation of the F/V eyeFISH... [Re: Brewer]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

I think Todd's working on my custom rvr-stltr order as we speak.

"If you don't kill them, they will spawn." (Carcassman)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#839275 - 05/18/13 10:50 AM Re: The re-incarnation of the F/V eyeFISH... [Re: ]
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
Originally Posted By: Redd_Daetona
So what length oars are you thinking about for this sled?

I believe the oar length is 8' with Folbe oar locks and side by side rowers Viking style. The landing up front is for Francis to serenade the rowers.

Row row row your boat

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#839321 - 05/18/13 06:40 PM Re: The re-incarnation of the F/V eyeFISH... [Re: Jerry Garcia]
wntrrn Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Edmonds
How much fuel?

No, not asking how much Pendleton was involved in the decision making process wink

#839751 - 05/21/13 05:00 AM Re: The re-incarnation of the F/V eyeFISH... [Re: wntrrn]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Okey dokey, here's a few more...

With the hull structurally complete, attention has turned to the functional and utilitarian details within. No shortage of storage in this beast... and that's not even counting all the underseat storage for each passenger's personal items.

Each side will be outfitted with full length tri-level shelves.... level one being fully enclosed top-loading rod lockers, and levels two and three expansive open trays for easy access of everyday goods and gear. No excuses for stepping on precious baits, boys! A cavernous fish box will house insulated kill bag(s) to keep the day's catch fresh on ice. An adjacent deep compartment will store larger bulky items.

Generous self draining guttered cutouts for the rod-locker door on the port side gunwale...

matches the one on the starboard side...

And finally.... a close up of the secure main electronics cabinet taking shape next to the tri-level shelving.

Boggles the mind that this much aluminum is actually gonna float!

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#839752 - 05/21/13 05:52 AM Re: The re-incarnation of the F/V eyeFISH... [Re: eyeFISH]
steeliedrew Offline
SRC Poser

Loc: Snohomish
That's gonna be one sweet machine Doc. Congrats! You're living the dream.

"Dude...where's your boat!?" Team runaway drift boat prostaff.

Big Stick 2012: "EVERY thought of my being, is in regards to being a Hi-Tech Predator and I relish the role."

#839754 - 05/21/13 05:59 AM Re: The re-incarnation of the F/V eyeFISH... [Re: steeliedrew]
neon Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Alcoa is crying molten tears because the finest bauxite mines are now depleted!

For the love of chrome mate!.. For the love of Krome! She's lookin better every time you give us a voyeuristic look into her world!

#839761 - 05/21/13 09:35 AM Re: The re-incarnation of the F/V eyeFISH... [Re: neon]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Ahhhhh, damn dog!
Finally a boat with storage space. I absolutely love the idea of lockable rod storage and electronics locker. I wish I had one for my boat.

Great setup, this will truly be a sweet ride!

Fishy

The idea of a middle class life is slowly drifting away as each and every day we realize that our nation is becoming more of a corporatacracy.

I think name-calling is the right way to handle this one/Dan S

We're here from the WDFW and we're here to help--Uhh Ohh!

#839921 - 05/22/13 12:23 AM Re: The re-incarnation of the F/V eyeFISH... [Re: Somethingsmellsf]
Winterun Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tac/Puy
Looking pretty sweet Doc!!! But where's the Chili, Hard Boiled Egg, Sausage machine going to be??? Is there gonna be room left for that???
Winterun smile

Edited by Winterun (05/22/13 12:24 AM)

#839923 - 05/22/13 12:29 AM Re: The re-incarnation of the F/V eyeFISH... [Re: Winterun]
neon Offline
Juvenile at Sea

She still hold secrets, the boat can't blow 'er load all at once on the interwebs! Give it time... We will see the garlic press, gas-mass spectrometer, and espresso machine in its own lock box I'm sure!

#839924 - 05/22/13 12:31 AM Re: The re-incarnation of the F/V eyeFISH... [Re: Winterun]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Originally Posted By: Winterun
Looking pretty sweet Doc!!! But where's the Chili, Hard Boiled Egg, Sausage machine going to be??? Is there gonna be room left for that???
Winterun smile

It'll be sitting right in the middle of the yet-to-be constructed transom cabinets

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#839939 - 05/22/13 03:50 AM Re: The re-incarnation of the F/V eyeFISH... [Re: eyeFISH]
Achewter Offline

Loc: N of Seattle
Quote from the divorce thread 1/14/2011
Quote:
Better throw my sorry ass into the aggregate stats so Achewter can make his GD point. Yeah I got dumped in no small part thanks to the fishing bug. Got served my big "D" papers the same year I put the F/V eyeFISH into service.

20 years and four kids after saying I do, a judge finally signed my legal release papers.

28 months to go before my accountant signs the real-life release papers.

To Funny. Anybody good at math. Good to see a man hold true to his faith.
Bet he was grinning like a mule eatin thistles when he sighned that last check knowen what the next one would be for.

Edited by Achewter (05/22/13 03:55 AM)

#840288 - 05/23/13 09:19 PM Re: The re-incarnation of the F/V eyeFISH... [Re: Achewter]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

OK... more pics rolling in from the factory. The AW boys have been on a relentless tear... the first sheet of aluminum was cut on May 8, and only 15 days later, it looks something like this....

The full coaming gunnel is wide enough to serve dinner from. Top-loading rod lockers are done.... 11 ft doors cover 13 ft lockers. I see my 45 gallon fuel tank installed under a lattice of crossbeams for my DP floor. Custom transom cabinets are coming together, including a centrally located hot water sink.... AKA the "kitchen" as my past crew will attest. Note the inside railing which will be the backbone of the fully adjustable slider-mounted custom accessories I plan to install along the entire length and back of the boat. No drill holes allowed! I just realized all the potential hanging space this creates for towels, spare lures/leaders taken out of rotation, or whatever else.

Now ain't that SOME dance floor?

And another shot of the massive sealed storage space under the 5.5 ft long elevated step-deck. Room for the days catch, a bank of batteries, accessory washdown, and stowage of miscellaneous bulky items. All living under the equivalent of a full-sized bed for mid-day siestas. Nice closeup of the rail system, too.

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#840289 - 05/23/13 09:33 PM Re: The re-incarnation of the F/V eyeFISH... [Re: eyeFISH]
sykofish Offline
I'm not short, I'm 'fun size'

Loc: Mulletville
It looks good now.

It will look even better once you spill a little blood in it.

Rusty Bell

#840291 - 05/23/13 09:58 PM Re: The re-incarnation of the F/V eyeFISH... [Re: sykofish]
Eric Offline
River Nutrients

Blows my mind how quickly a boat that size can be constructed when one has all the tools in place and the space to get er' done.

Gonna be a beauty from the looks of it! thumbs

Page 4 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14 15 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Chromeo, Colluvium, lat59, m wilson, phishkellar, TBJ
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (wolverine), 1061 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645360 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |