THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 6 of 15 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14 15 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#841153 - 05/29/13 01:52 AM Re: The re-incarnation of the F/V eyeFISH... [Re: neon]
IrishRogue Offline
Poon it! Poon it! Poon it!

Loc: Yarrow Point
Hey Doc, some guys in Sno-King PSA did a massive polish job on their aluminum (Raider?) and then did a clear coat -- I believe it was Sharkhide?

Their boat is absolutely STUNNINGLY gorgeous in shiny aluminum. They said it was a ton of prep work, but on a virgin hull like yours?

Not sure if you plan to paint it up, but since you mentioned the blingy diamond plate trim, I thought I'd suggest it. LMK if you want to reach out to the guys who run that boat.

B

#841157 - 05/29/13 02:45 AM Re: The re-incarnation of the F/V eyeFISH... [Re: IrishRogue]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Might consider some extra bling for the bow guard, but it's probably gotta stop there. High maintenance polishing and re-polishing ain't really my gig.

Most of the DP surfaces living within the outside corner gunnel extrusion is gonna be painted in Zolatone... everything but the floor. Horizontal Zolatone surfaces that will invariably get stepped on (coaming gunnel, step deck) will have exposed diamonds.... vertical surfaces straight Zolatone including the diamonds.

The outside DP bowguard is a prime candidate for some shiny bling from the get-go, and something I could concede to polishing on a regular basis. What the hell... just one more thing to add to f4b's honey-do list. wink

"If you don't kill them, they will spawn." (Carcassman)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#841158 - 05/29/13 02:51 AM Re: The re-incarnation of the F/V eyeFISH... [Re: neon]
ColeyG Offline
Ranger Danger

Loc: AK
Nice lines. Very nice.

EZ Thread Yarn Balls

"I don't care how you catch them, as long as you treat them well and with respect." Lani Waller in "A Steelheader's Way."

#841181 - 05/29/13 11:06 AM Re: The re-incarnation of the F/V eyeFISH... [Re: ]
IrishRogue Offline
Poon it! Poon it! Poon it!

Loc: Yarrow Point
Re: polishing/maintenance. I think that's the reason they like the Sharkhide stuff... I'm not selling the stuff, but a year after they put it on their boat, it was mirror-like beautiful at the Halibut opener this year. I don't believe they do anything but wash it.

I'll ask at least.

#841219 - 05/29/13 03:52 PM Re: The re-incarnation of the F/V eyeFISH... [Re: eyeFISH]
Driftin' Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Offshore
Very nice, Doc... and well-deserved.

Looking forward to the inevitable pixels and prose of your adventures....

#841237 - 05/29/13 04:55 PM Re: The re-incarnation of the F/V eyeFISH... [Re: eyeFISH]
eugene1 Offline
Spawner

Loc: out there...
HUGE!

Looks kinda like a fuselage for a jet plane. Wonder if they could mount wings on it.

I see they still are making the tabs for the transducer that way. Poor design, mine broke off when I bumped something. I had a different one welded to the transom on both the top and bottom edges of the tab.

Best

#841296 - 05/29/13 10:09 PM Re: The re-incarnation of the F/V eyeFISH... [Re: eugene1]
DrifterWA Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: East of Aberdeen, West of Mont...
Originally Posted By: eugene1

I see they still are making the tabs for the transducer that way. Poor design, mine broke off when I bumped something. I had a different one welded to the transom on both the top and bottom edges of the tab.

Best

I agree.....River Wild puts them on either side, but they are welded to, well hell, just as easy to go take a picture......

"I thought growing older, would take longer"

#841300 - 05/29/13 10:18 PM Re: The re-incarnation of the F/V eyeFISH... [Re: ]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Originally Posted By: 2MANY

I'm surprised that they have the tank all the way back.
I guess the extra length upfront off sets the four stroke weight in the back?

Guess I'm gonna have to go on a diet. wink

Seriously, not a boat engineer, so I'm not sure why the tank is placed so far back. That's where it lived on my last boat as well.

Couple ways to compensate for it.

1) I'm buying the lightest 4-stroke made... 505# compared to 525# for my old 2 stroke E-Tec.

2) Less 42 pounds for the jack plate that won't be there any longer

3) Less the weight of 2 batteries in the stern, which will be further offset by the weight of most likely 3 batteries (about 60# apiece) stowed in the forward-most compartment.

4) Further offset by the weight of an est 65# bow-mounted Minn Kota RipTide electric trolling motor.

I think that adds up to about 407# (20 + 42 + 100 + 180 + 65) of effective weight transfer to the front of the boat.

As you said, I also have the extra 3 ft of aluminum sticking out the front, plus the added weight of a longer stepdeck and the DP bowguard.

And finally, there's the ultimate weapon in weight distribution.....

Six fully-adjustable sliding water-tight seat-boxes that can be positioned ANYWHERE along the length on the main deck. Unlike my old fixed seat-boxes that were anchored to the floor, I should be able to transfer my passenger load fore/aft with ease.

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#841301 - 05/29/13 10:23 PM Re: The re-incarnation of the F/V eyeFISH... [Re: DrifterWA]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Originally Posted By: DrifterWA

Best

I agree.....River Wild puts them on either side, but they are welded to, well hell, just as easy to go take a picture......

That ought to be a snap to have them weld a couple of side pieces back to the transom to increase the structural rigidity of the std brackets. Or just remove them and weld on a U-shaped bracket like you have pictured DW.

Thanks for the tip.

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#841315 - 05/29/13 11:38 PM Re: The re-incarnation of the F/V eyeFISH... [Re: eyeFISH]
Rossiman Offline
Spawner

Loc: Monroe, WA
Sweet ride. She sure is pretty...

#841342 - 05/30/13 12:59 AM Re: The re-incarnation of the F/V eyeFISH... [Re: Rossiman]
Achewter Offline

Loc: N of Seattle
I got your weight distrabution rite here.

Better for the fuel tank being near the transom. Fill a zip lock with water and drop it from 6" then pick it back up and drop it from 4'. Lots less stress on tank being near the back of the boat. Ask F4B about riding up front on a bumpy day.

#841343 - 05/30/13 01:03 AM Re: The re-incarnation of the F/V eyeFISH... [Re: Achewter]
fish4brains Offline
Dah Rivah Stinkah Pink Mastah

Loc: zipper
spinal fusion

#841345 - 05/30/13 01:09 AM Re: The re-incarnation of the F/V eyeFISH... [Re: fish4brains]
Salman Offline
Spawner

Pink would look great for the DP up front.

Edited by Salman (05/30/13 01:10 AM)

#841348 - 05/30/13 01:12 AM Re: The re-incarnation of the F/V eyeFISH... [Re: Achewter]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Is that more whinin' about the whole uppy downy thing again?

HMMMM..... LMWS always liked it just fine..... seems to me she was always screaming "Faster faster!"

Jeebus, before you know it, you old cockers are all gonna be slidin' down to the back, gettin' all comfy with me and the fuel tank.

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#841353 - 05/30/13 01:21 AM Re: The re-incarnation of the F/V eyeFISH... [Re: DrifterWA]
eugene1 Offline
Spawner

Loc: out there...
Here's the Koffler repair of my '81 AW sled. By the way the Sac river is running DIRTY!

Originally Posted By: DrifterWA

Best

#841361 - 05/30/13 02:05 AM Re: The re-incarnation of the F/V eyeFISH... [Re: ]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

I-Pilot.

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#841366 - 05/30/13 03:44 AM Re: The re-incarnation of the F/V eyeFISH... [Re: eyeFISH]
Achewter Offline

Loc: N of Seattle
Get the 80 or 101 with the longest shaft you can for that beast. I have the 55 and love it but wish I had the 80 . You can run it with your kicker and it will work great as an auto pilot and to fine tune your trolling speed with it. If your fighting a big fish in the back of the boat and want to get the kicker prop out of the water you will want all the power you can get up front to mve the boat as fast as possible. in heavy water you will want it as deep as possible too.

http://mk2.factoryoutletstore.com/cat/34...CFep7Qgod0AgAsA

This place has them on sale for one more day!!!

Edited by Achewter (05/30/13 03:46 AM)

#841367 - 05/30/13 03:46 AM Re: The re-incarnation of the F/V eyeFISH... [Re: eyeFISH]
OceanSun Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: North Creek

Thought for sure this was going in the direction of a load of hatchery kings in the fishbox up front . . .

"You boat ho's don't like the bow bouncing up and down then fill it up with fish . . ." {;>)

#841370 - 05/30/13 04:54 AM Re: The re-incarnation of the F/V eyeFISH... [Re: OceanSun]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Originally Posted By: OceanSun

Thought for sure this was going in the direction of a load of hatchery kings in the fishbox up front . . . {;>)

"You boat ho's don't like the bow bouncing up and down then fill it up with fish . . . DAMMIT ! ! ! !"

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#841380 - 05/30/13 10:24 AM Re: The re-incarnation of the F/V eyeFISH... [Re: eyeFISH]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Ahhhhh, damn dog!
Bet you won't hear quite as much bitchin when those guys are riding in that sleek machine.
Course you could add an onboard headset options for the operator with "whine cancelling" headsets!

Fishy

Edited by Somethingsmellsf (05/30/13 10:26 AM)

The idea of a middle class life is slowly drifting away as each and every day we realize that our nation is becoming more of a corporatacracy.

I think name-calling is the right way to handle this one/Dan S

We're here from the WDFW and we're here to help--Uhh Ohh!

Page 6 of 15 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14 15 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Carcassman, Clipfin, Danny Clyde, Dannyboy, dk1948, Twitch
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 944 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645361 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |