Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#865816 - 10/30/13 10:18 PM Truck and Trailer Stolen From Sultan launch
BossMan Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Seattle
Got a call from the Shuttle guy as I was floating down the river asking me where my truck was. I said parked in the lot at Sultan, he said no it wasn't. frown

Near as I can tell it was stolen some time between 7:30 - 9:00am.

2012 White Ford F-250 Diesel with canopy (plate B29931V) and a utility/raft trailer (plate 86611WB).

Managed to disassemble my raft and stuff it in my wife's mini-van so at least I was able to get home.

On the off chance you see/ or saw it let me know.

#865817 - 10/30/13 10:22 PM Re: Truck and Trailer Stolen From Sultan launch [Re: BossMan]
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

Loc: West Duvall
Really sorry. That sucks. I suspect the bridge trolls.

#865821 - 10/30/13 10:41 PM Re: Truck and Trailer Stolen From Sultan launch [Re: Dave Vedder]
Salman Offline
Spawner

Hope you get it back.

#865824 - 10/30/13 11:00 PM Re: Truck and Trailer Stolen From Sultan launch [Re: Salman]
STRIKE ZONE Offline
GOOD LUCK

Loc: Hobart,Wa U.S.A
Wow...that's crap. Hope ya get it back soon and in good shape.Good luck,

SZ

#865826 - 10/30/13 11:02 PM Re: Truck and Trailer Stolen From Sultan launch [Re: Salman]
Lofty Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: University Place
So sorry to hear. Brings up old bad memories for myself. Hope you get truck & trailer back in crisp shape. I got my 15hp Yami 4 stroke stolen off my skiff two Aprils back and it still ticks me off. But I gotta be honest, I let it get me down, way down... Looking back now, I should have shaken it off and not for a minute stopped fishing and/or questioning returning back to the water. Don't let the scumbags win... Shrug it off and keep at it!
Tell anyone who questions your drive to get back out there, that you have to keep at it, or the scum wins. Don't let this occurrence be the feather that broke the camel's back as far as your passion to keep chas'en tail!
Sooner you get those gut check feelings worked out, the better. Go get back at it before winterheads show up. It's Kharma management at this point. You get your head straight. The DB who stole your hardware will pay. You likely won't be witness direct, rest assured, they'll pay...

#865856 - 10/30/13 11:57 PM Re: Truck and Trailer Stolen From Sultan launch [Re: Lofty]
Coho Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Muk
Man that's horrible- had to be one nerve racking float with that on your mind

Good luck

#865857 - 10/30/13 11:59 PM Re: Truck and Trailer Stolen From Sultan launch [Re: Lofty]
Barkoff Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Can I ask if you left the keys hidden on it?

Sorry to hear about that. I had a dream just a couple of nights ago somebody ripped off my old Dodge and Lance, even though I woke up and realized it was a dream, I was still pizzed off. Can't imagine how angry you are, I hope you get the sob.

#865889 - 10/31/13 01:45 AM Re: Truck and Trailer Stolen From Sultan launch [Re: Barkoff]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
That sucks...I hope they find the perp pdq.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#865898 - 10/31/13 03:09 AM Re: Truck and Trailer Stolen From Sultan launch [Re: Todd]
OnTheDrop Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Western WA
Frickin lame, sorry to hear.

#865899 - 10/31/13 03:22 AM Re: Truck and Trailer Stolen From Sultan launch [Re: OnTheDrop]
_Nate_
Unregistered

notify Border Patrol, asap..

#865902 - 10/31/13 06:43 AM Re: Truck and Trailer Stolen From Sultan launch [Re: ]
steeliedrew Offline
SRC Poser

Loc: Snohomish
I'm sorry to hear. That's super lame and I hope they get what's coming to them. Just A suggestion: What I like to do is use a hide-a-key and stash the key before I leave my house. That way nobody is watching me hide my key before heading to the boat and leaving my truck.

Again, sorry this happened.

"Dude...where's your boat!?" Team runaway drift boat prostaff.

Big Stick 2012: "EVERY thought of my being, is in regards to being a Hi-Tech Predator and I relish the role."

#865903 - 10/31/13 08:14 AM Re: Truck and Trailer Stolen From Sultan launch [Re: steeliedrew]
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
Should be at least one business nearby on highway 2 that has security cameras that might at least give you an idea which way they headed. More than likely there is a second vehicle involved.

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#865905 - 10/31/13 09:01 AM Re: Truck and Trailer Stolen From Sultan launch [Re: Jerry Garcia]
Nick Berto Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Monroe, WA
Sorry, that really sucks. foul

Really hate theives and hope you get your vehicle/trailer back. Ill keep my eye out in the area for it(Monroe/Sultan).

#865909 - 10/31/13 09:20 AM Re: Truck and Trailer Stolen From Sultan launch [Re: Nick Berto]
Jason Beezuz Offline
My Waders are Moist

Loc: PNW
Wow! That majorly sucks. [Bleeeeep!] Skytucky. That area just doesn't seem worth it to me for some hatchery turds.

Maybe it's amphetamines.

#865918 - 10/31/13 11:03 AM Re: Truck and Trailer Stolen From Sultan launch [Re: Jason Beezuz]
I'm So Metal Offline
Parr

Loc: Hamnation
Wow...that sucks, I hope you get it back

Sure makes a guy think twice about leaving the key for the shuttle. I've always done it without even giving any thought to the potential of my rig getting ripped off.

Then again I don't fish the skykomish either.

#865938 - 10/31/13 02:24 PM Re: Truck and Trailer Stolen From Sultan launch [Re: I'm So Metal]
Fear_no_fish Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Lake Stevens
There is a good chance it's somewhere around reiter pit being used as a meth lab now. Hopefully you get it back instead of it being jumped off a cliff. Sorry for your loss.

#865963 - 10/31/13 04:02 PM Re: Truck and Trailer Stolen From Sultan launch [Re: BossMan]
nitefishin Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: felony way
Sorry that happened Kurt.
That would make it a tough day on the water as mentioned above.
Hope they find your truck and trailer in good shape, or that insurance will get it replaced. That sucks.

#866142 - 10/31/13 11:16 PM Re: Truck and Trailer Stolen From Sultan launch [Re: steeliedrew]
Hop_Spot Offline
Fry

That is way up there on the bad day of fishing list. So sorry and hope between a recovery or insurance you are not completely skrwd.

This is a good idea -
Quote:
Just A suggestion: What I like to do is use a hide-a-key and stash the key before I leave my house. That way nobody is watching me hide my key before heading to the boat and leaving my truck.

but then I always feel compelled to check it when I park the truck to be sure it is there for the shuttle......

#866202 - 11/01/13 02:27 AM Re: Truck and Trailer Stolen From Sultan launch [Re: ]
superfly Offline
The Renegade White Man

Loc: The Coast or the Keys !!!
Unbelievable, WTF........you can no longer enjoy doing anything remote or outdoors without the threat of theft !
I got it earlier this year, not like that but man, I am sorry, they will get them soon......................

Peace Fly

360-888-7772

Stay Tuned for upcoming Hunts & Fishing info...........

New website & Channel Dropping soon !

Stay tuned for Turkey, Bear & Deer Hunts Along with Guided Sport Fishing.

Book Release Prior to Christmas 2021

#866215 - 11/01/13 10:19 AM Re: Truck and Trailer Stolen From Sultan launch [Re: superfly]
Timber Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Stumpy Acres
That sucks!
I have had a few break in's from the Satko Glenn theives but thats expected on the Satsop.......(grin)

#866277 - 11/01/13 03:43 PM Re: Truck and Trailer Stolen From Sultan launch [Re: Timber]
BossMan Offline
Returning Adult

Update:

Found the truck yesterday. Was parked in the back parking lot of the businesses just west of the launch. The business owner said it showed up sometime Wednesday night, but they didn't call it in until the next morning.

That's the good news. Now the bad news.

No trailer
Busted window (also damaged the frame)
Looks like they tried to pry open the hood so the hood and front grill are slightly tweaked.
Tried to steal the batteries, but didn't have the right wrench so tried brute force
Took everything they could pick up from the inside
I tried to start it but it made an awful noise and then threw an error message. Got a call from the Ford dealer today, and turns out they took most of the exhaust system.

Hopefully, insurance will pay to get the truck right, but am still missing my trailer and that had no insurance which kind of sucks. Hopefully that turns up sometime.

We'll see how much of the stuff from inside gets covered. I guess if its not directly tied to the truck, it falls under my home owners insurance which is a separate and large deductible frown

#866280 - 11/01/13 04:07 PM Re: Truck and Trailer Stolen From Sultan launch [Re: BossMan]
_Nate_
Unregistered

wheres the nearest scrap yard?

#866284 - 11/01/13 04:29 PM Re: Truck and Trailer Stolen From Sultan launch [Re: ]
stonefish Offline
King of the Beach

Loc: Carkeek Park
Bossman,
Glad to hear that your truck was found.
Sorry to hear about the damage and your trailer.
Quick question, how was your trailer locked to the hitch?

I've got a raft trailer as well. Just trying to avoid as much as possible getting back to the launch and finding no trailer.
SF

#866310 - 11/01/13 06:59 PM Re: Truck and Trailer Stolen From Sultan launch [Re: stonefish]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Glad you got something back, at least.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#866315 - 11/01/13 07:21 PM Re: Truck and Trailer Stolen From Sultan launch [Re: ]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

Loc: Vancouver, WA
If I could get away with it, I'd love to hose 'em with birdshot, like #8 or #9.
Hundreds of little holes in the bastards.
Then smash their hands with a chunk of #6 rebar as a going away present.

That should do it.

But vigilantism is wrong.
They say.

Edit:
I would be willing to trade all of the above for an Indonesian-style, ass-shredding caning.
Say about 50 lashes each.

#866891 - 11/04/13 02:20 PM Re: Truck and Trailer Stolen From Sultan launch [Re: Direct-Drive]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

DD,

Vigilantism is only wrong when society's LE and justice system function to make society safe, which is their fundamental purpose. Unfortunately, the system fails in that purpose. Vigilantism in a form that extracts justice by preventing perps from re-offending is exactly what will motivate society's LE and justice system to reform and become functional. Caning may be entertaining, but it is only useful if it "cures" the offender. I remain in the S-S-S camp. (Shoot, shovel, shut up simply because it works.)

Sg

#866913 - 11/04/13 03:46 PM Re: Truck and Trailer Stolen From Sultan launch [Re: Salmo g.]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Originally Posted By: Salmo g.
DD,

Vigilantism is only wrong when society's LE and justice system function to make society safe, which is their fundamental purpose. Unfortunately, the system fails in that purpose. Vigilantism in a form that extracts justice by preventing perps from re-offending is exactly what will motivate society's LE and justice system to reform and become functional. Caning may be entertaining, but it is only useful if it "cures" the offender. I remain in the S-S-S camp. (Shoot, shovel, shut up simply because it works.)

Sg

OK, how 'bout an ass-shredding prior to S-S-S ?
The crime victim could land as many lashes as he or she would like.
Those in on the capture would get their time on the cane as well.

#867010 - 11/04/13 08:27 PM Re: Truck and Trailer Stolen From Sultan launch [Re: Direct-Drive]
SkykomishSunrise Offline
Juvenile at Sea

If I could only have 5 minutes alone with those S.O.B.s. I hate thieves! Anyhow, I'm glad to hear that you at least got your truck back.

Edited by SkykomishSunrise (11/04/13 08:30 PM)

Bill McMillan

#867031 - 11/04/13 09:37 PM Re: Truck and Trailer Stolen From Sultan launch [Re: SkykomishSunrise]
cncfish Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: whale pass
I think the nearest scrap yard is in Monroe, on the east end of town by the railroad tracks.

that totally sucks but this town has a lot of problems...

Had I guy living in my shed for a couple of days, the girlfriend was on the back porch one morning when he came out, he didn't skip a beat just asked her if he could use the bathroom in the house.... k-9 unit found him, then found the drugs he stashed in the shed....

#867721 - 11/07/13 08:04 PM Re: Truck and Trailer Stolen From Sultan launch [Re: cncfish]
BossMan Offline
Returning Adult

Update #2

Well, some more good news.

They found my trailer. Picked it up tonight a mile or two outside of Monroe on a dead end street. The winch and winch stand, along with the rear roller are missing, but otherwise the trailer is fine. The winch stand and roller missing are a bit of a bummer as those are custom pieces I’m going to have to figure out how to get replaced. But still better than buying a whole new trailer.

Oh and the Ford dealer got back to me, the reason the truck wouldn't run is they took most of the exhaust system. He ball parked the repair bill at ~9k or more and that doesn't include the body damage.

After the insurance deductible and all the misc stuff missing not covered by insurance I'll probably be out $700-$1000, lost fishing time, plus a bunch of aggravation. An expensive day on the river. Also, makes me very leery of ever fishing up there again. frown

Edited by BossMan (11/07/13 08:05 PM)

#867726 - 11/07/13 08:16 PM Re: Truck and Trailer Stolen From Sultan launch [Re: BossMan]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

GDITMMM!

"If you don't kill them, they will spawn." (Carcassman)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#868157 - 11/09/13 02:24 PM Re: Truck and Trailer Stolen From Sultan launch [Re: eyeFISH]
GBL Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Yakutat
You guys need to take control and start a group that splits time watching from afar, wait, pounce, Wheel lock to the head and dump in the King hole downstream, make for a good underwater snag!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
BigRedHead, Gene, Milton Fisher, Selther, SpinyRayLover
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (wolverine, 1 invisible), 1184 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645374 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |