THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#938868 - 09/15/15 06:44 PM Re: Popular bands that you didnt care for? [Re: Sol Duc]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
By "cliquemates" you mean everyone except you and little twatty, right?

gtfo and you won't have a thing to worry about, Hamster.

Of course you won't because you and twatty are all about fagging out the place. Both of you have been very successful in that respect.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#938870 - 09/15/15 06:59 PM Re: Popular bands that you didnt care for? [Re: Sol Duc]
Jason Beezuz Offline
My Waders are Moist

Loc: PNW
How about U2?

Maybe it's amphetamines.

#938874 - 09/15/15 07:20 PM Re: Popular bands that you didnt care for? [Re: ]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Originally Posted By: Hankster
Originally Posted By: Dan S.

gtfo and you won't have a thing to worry about, Hamster.

Yeah, little Danny.

You know I'm gonna do that

rofl

Here's what you should do. Go find yourself a 2' length of red-hot rebar and have a seat on it while you're waiting, then let me lick it like a lollipop.

typo fixed

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#938876 - 09/15/15 07:23 PM Re: Popular bands that you didnt care for? [Re: FleaFlickr02]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Originally Posted By: BoogerFlickr02
Sol Duc doesn't like the Beatles? Go figure....

How it's even possible for anyone to hate on the Beatles escapes me completely. Thin Lizzie, on the other hand....

Typical Lib. GFY.

Edited by Sol Duc (09/15/15 07:29 PM)

- Albert Einstein.

#938879 - 09/15/15 07:34 PM Re: Popular bands that you didnt care for? [Re: Sol Duc]
Chuck E Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Kitsap Peninsula
My taste has changed has changed since I bought my first 45 in '56. Some bands I liked like the Beatles but can't listen to them now. Never liked Led Zep, Lynard, Rush, Dead and a lot or others. I dj with vinyl sometimes & been dogged since I don't have a KZOK typical playlist.

#938903 - 09/15/15 10:59 PM Re: Popular bands that you didnt care for? [Re: ]
RobertF
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Hankster
Somebody else said they didn't like Steve Miller. While I can agree his later commercial stuff wasn't too good, I remember seeing the Steve Miller Blues Band in '68 at Fillmore. Boz Scaggs and Nicky Hopkins were in that group and it was tits-up.

Right,and then Boz and Nicky went on to do some killer [Bleeeeep!] while Steve Miller went on to sing "our loves in jeopardy...baby...ooo-oo-ooo-oooohhhh". He sucks.

As far as hating on the Beatles I don't get that either. They were fuckin awesome.

#938905 - 09/15/15 11:04 PM Re: Popular bands that you didnt care for? [Re: Chuck E]
RobertF
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Chuck E
I dj with vinyl sometimes & been dogged since I don't have a KZOK typical playlist.

What do you do,get hired for parties and play Benny Goodman and Count Basie for 20 year old ecstacy ravers?

#938908 - 09/16/15 07:30 AM Re: Popular bands that you didnt care for? [Re: FleaFlickr02]
SundayMoney Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Everett
I've never liked the Beatles or the Rolling Stones.

#938910 - 09/16/15 07:30 AM Re: Popular bands that you didnt care for? [Re: Sol Duc]
FleaFlickr02 Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Sol Duc
Originally Posted By: BoogerFlickr02
Sol Duc doesn't like the Beatles? Go figure....

How it's even possible for anyone to hate on the Beatles escapes me completely. Thin Lizzie, on the other hand....

Typical Lib. GFY.

You've out-libbed me on this one, Duc; anyone who hates the Beatles must surely be a Communist....

#938911 - 09/16/15 07:32 AM Re: Popular bands that you didnt care for? [Re: SundayMoney]
FleaFlickr02 Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: SundayMoney

Elvis man, I take it?

#938912 - 09/16/15 07:43 AM Re: Popular bands that you didnt care for? [Re: Sol Duc]
CedarR Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Olympia, WA
Lawrence Welk ah-one and ah two and ah-turn off the bubble machine, already!!!

If a band hasn't been parodied by Weird Al Yankovic, they probably suck... *

* Upon further reflection, I'm likely 180 degrees off base with the last statement.

Edited by CedarR (09/16/15 09:18 AM)

#938913 - 09/16/15 07:54 AM Re: Popular bands that you didnt care for? [Re: FleaFlickr02]
SundayMoney Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Everett
Originally Posted By: FleaFlickr02
Originally Posted By: SundayMoney

Elvis man, I take it?

Nope,never liked him either.

I don't hate on the Beatles or Stones. Just never got into their music.

#938920 - 09/16/15 09:07 AM Re: Popular bands that you didnt care for? [Re: Sol Duc]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

It's easier for me to think of bands I like than ones I don't care for.

Interesting to read about some that don't like the Beatles. Don't see that often. Although I find myself appreciating different Beatles pieces now than I did in the 60s. I guess that's called growing up. Always liked the Rolling Stones and still do, although Jagger's most recent efforts come up way short. I suspect he's just trying to milk the legend of the Stones for a few $$ more. Also liked the Doors, Grateful Dead, Janis Joplin, Moody Blues, Iron Butterfly (sort of like a one night stand), Eric Clapton and Cream, Crosby, Stills, Nash, & Young, Chicago, Bob Dylan, and oh so many more. Yeah, a big part of me is stuck in the 60s. What's not to like about that?

#938922 - 09/16/15 09:24 AM Re: Popular bands that you didnt care for? [Re: Salmo g.]
blackmouth Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: right place/wrong time
Originally Posted By: Salmo g.
It's easier for me to think of bands I like than ones I don't care for.

Interesting to read about some that don't like the Beatles. Don't see that often. Although I find myself appreciating different Beatles pieces now than I did in the 60s. I guess that's called growing up. Always liked the Rolling Stones and still do, although Jagger's most recent efforts come up way short. I suspect he's just trying to milk the legend of the Stones for a few $$ more. Also liked the Doors, Grateful Dead, Janis Joplin, Moody Blues, Iron Butterfly (sort of like a one night stand), Eric Clapton and Cream, Crosby, Stills, Nash, & Young, Chicago, Bob Dylan, and oh so many more. Yeah, a big part of me is stuck in the 60s. What's not to like about that?

thumbs

"So it goes." Kurt Vonnegut jr.

#938927 - 09/16/15 11:15 AM Re: Popular bands that you didnt care for? [Re: Sol Duc]
Carcassman Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Olema,California,Planet Earth
As a kid in the 60s I remember my folks asking "Is that supposed to be music?" I found myself thinking that a lot with much of the current crop. I agree with Salmo in that I think more about what I liked. Like him, too, I find that I like different tunes from the bands now.

#938928 - 09/16/15 11:16 AM Re: Popular bands that you didnt care for? [Re: Jason Beezuz]
NickD90 Offline
Shooting Instructor for hire

Loc: Snohomish, WA
Originally Posted By: Jason Beezy
How about U2?

Winner winner chicken dinner. They are the worst of the worst.

U2 (#1 with a bullet)
Rush
Eagles (but I love me some solo Joe Walsh)
Grateful Dead
John Couger Melloncamp
Bruce Springsteen
Billy Joel

#938929 - 09/16/15 11:30 AM Re: Popular bands that you didnt care for? [Re: NickD90]
Illahee Offline
River Nutrients

I now use the same reaction toward rap my father had for rock and that was "turn that fukin [Bleeeeep!] off".
All rap sucks monkey balls.

#938930 - 09/16/15 11:52 AM Re: Popular bands that you didnt care for? [Re: Sol Duc]
Piper
Unregistered

My list looks just like Nickd's except mine has kiss and aerosmith on it.

lately though, anytime I hear a Nirvana or Pearl Jam song, I change the station...

#938936 - 09/16/15 12:37 PM Re: Popular bands that you didnt care for? [Re: ]
NOFISH Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Olalla, WA
Originally Posted By: RobertF
Originally Posted By: Chuck E
I dj with vinyl sometimes & been dogged since I don't have a KZOK typical playlist.

What do you do,get hired for parties and play Benny Goodman and Count Basie for 20 year old ecstacy ravers?

rofl rofl

Damn Stam!
Remember, Ask yourself "What would Stam do?" smile

#938939 - 09/16/15 01:02 PM Re: Popular bands that you didnt care for? [Re: ]
blackmouth Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: right place/wrong time
Originally Posted By: Frank Zappa

Brown shoes
don't make it
quit school
why fake it
Brown don't make it.

"So it goes." Kurt Vonnegut jr.

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
BigRedHead, Gene, Milton Fisher, Selther, SpinyRayLover
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (steely slammer, 1 invisible), 1130 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645374 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |