Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#955310 - 04/05/16 01:23 PM NEW G Loomis E6X Salmon Rods
Loomis_Shimano_Rep Offline
Fry

Some of you may have already seen these at the Portland Show, or at some of the retailers. For those that haven't you might want to! G Loomis is proud to launch the E6X Salmon series, following the success of the E6X Steelhead series. There are 15 rods, some classic models, some new models. They all have carbon fiber fore and rear grip. The SAR's and HSR's have double locking nut reel seats as well. The SAR's have a 7" carbon fiber foregrip, the HSR's and BBR have a 5", with the exception of the 9000 and 980 which are 3.5". All the rods are still hand made in Woodland. The E6X material is extremely strong, sensitive and light. In my opinion it is GL3 sensitivity, GL3 weight, but GL2 durability and GL2 cost. This series of rods retails from $219-$319 depending on the rod.

Holiday Sports, Ted's Sporting Goods, Three Rivers Marine, Outdoor Emporium and Sportco all have these rods in stock. Go check them out. I will say that E6X material seems stiff when you shake it, it's almost misleading, but load the rod up and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

In my opinion the SAR1143 and SAR1263 are the perfect Puget Sound downrigger rods, depending on which length you want. We've added additional 1-2 guide per rod on SAR's from the GL 2 models. On a side note, the SAR 1263 is the exact specs as the old STR1265C.

These rods still have a lifetime warranty on manufacturers defects. The Xpedite cost for these rods is $75. ALL GL2 rods are no longer being made and if send in for expedite, will be replaced with the most similar model in the E6X lineup.

E6X Salmon Trolling

E6X Salmon HSR's

Questions? I'll try and stay on top of them. Several of the guys on this board have fished, or are fishing E6X Steelhead, and some of them helped with the R&D feedback last fall and this winter. Next time you're in the store, stop by the Loomis rack and check them out!

-Kiley

Edited by Loomis_Shimano_Rep (04/05/16 01:33 PM)

#955624 - 04/13/16 11:53 AM Re: NEW G Loomis E6X Salmon Rods [Re: Loomis_Shimano_Rep]
fishenfool Offline
Spawner

Loc: DASHPOINT
purchased a new G Loomis SAR1265C-BC/10'6" heavy moderate 20-30# mooching Rod for my MR-2 Reel, which will be used both mooching and DR. I had another 10'6"Custom RainShadow made but it is pretty heavy duty, felt like I missed some fish while springer fishing and Broke a few off due to winding 30# P line up on one side binding the line up on My MR 3 reel. Switched Both reels to 50# Braid and left a little space so no more binding...

#955628 - 04/13/16 12:39 PM Re: NEW G Loomis E6X Salmon Rods [Re: Loomis_Shimano_Rep]
Fry

Did you get one of the graphite handle E6X's?

#955750 - 04/14/16 09:01 PM Re: NEW G Loomis E6X Salmon Rods [Re: Loomis_Shimano_Rep]
slabhunter Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Sheltona Beach
I'm looking at the 983 for jigging 3.5oz slabspoons @ 180-250ft. for Chinook. Is there a salmon/TUNA swim bait rod?

#955766 - 04/15/16 08:57 AM Re: NEW G Loomis E6X Salmon Rods [Re: Loomis_Shimano_Rep]
fishenfool Offline
Spawner

Loc: DASHPOINT
Sportco had there G Loomis sale last week and they did not have E6X's in the Mooching style 10'6"( short front and longer cork for fwd. hand) for Knuckle Buster Reels....

#956003 - 04/20/16 09:49 AM Re: NEW G Loomis E6X Salmon Rods [Re: Loomis_Shimano_Rep]
Fry

Slabhunter - That 983 HSR or the 964 BBR would be the best cross over rods

Fishenfool - Their sale was on sample G Loomis rods. I was there yesterday and they had one SAR 1265BC (mooching style) on the rack. I believe Three Rivers and Ted's has them as well.

Tight Lines!

#956195 - 04/24/16 09:25 PM Re: NEW G Loomis E6X Salmon Rods [Re: Loomis_Shimano_Rep]
ReiterRat Offline
Gearhead

Loc: Snohomish, WA
Not only do they look super cool they are extremely well designed rods! After fishing a couple prototype SAR1263 GH rods downrigger fishing for a few months I was sold and put in my order for 6 of them. Having fished custom built downrigger rods to my exact specifications I thought, I was done buying downrigger rods for a long time. Wrong. I would have never guessed I would be replacing them with production rods.
Not only having triple tapered blanks and double locking reel seat, what sold me the most is the construction of the handle/reel seat/foregrip.
Most graphite handle/foregrip rods are constructed using one to three arbors to shim/glue the blank to the handle/foregrip sections. This works, for a while. With the flex of the blank during normal use, and especially trolling rods that are loaded up heavy all the time, the rigidity of the graphite handle/foregrip vs the flexing of the blank underneath, eventually things work loose. i.e.. Handles, real seats, foregrips.
What G.Loomis has done to combat that is amazing. Between the blank and the handle/reel seat and foregrip they inject a proprietary extremely flexible glue that fills the entire void between the components and the blank and have also designed a dovetail type interlocking system between the three for even more durability. In short, give them a try you will not be disappointed.

#956198 - 04/24/16 11:12 PM Re: NEW G Loomis E6X Salmon Rods [Re: Loomis_Shimano_Rep]
OceanSun Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: North Creek
Sounds like a well-engineered system. Would be interested in how well it stands up over time. We've come a long way from building up masking tape under a cork handle to make it fit!

#956235 - 04/25/16 03:58 PM Re: NEW G Loomis E6X Salmon Rods [Re: Loomis_Shimano_Rep]
Canyon Man Offline
The Golden Child

Loc: Bothell, WA U.S.A.
I had the privilege of being on the pro staff development team during the creation of this series. As RR stated the engineering of these "production" rods is top notch and I too am in the process of replacing some of my go to rods with this series! You will not be disappointed with any of these models and I do believe that will stand up to the rest of time. We put them through literally hundreds of fall chinook with no issues whatsoever! Well done Loomis👍

CM
Your Insurance Professional

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
CHUBS
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (Carcassman), 1080 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13521
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645302 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |