THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#967502 - 11/07/16 10:21 AM The Official 2016 SRC Smack Talk Tread!!!
Canyon Man Offline
The Golden Child

Loc: Bothell, WA U.S.A.
Well here we go again...time for all you SRC men and women(Team Sky Valley Sucks) to pull up your panties and get ready for SRC 2016! Your SRC committee has the Bogey house reserved and is ready to once again put together a fun event and raise some funds for the Gordon Gracey Medical Fund.

This year's event will be on Friday December 2nd with the Thursday night kick off party at the Bogey House and the awards dinner at the Mexican restaurant on Friday night. We do have a few beds available at the Bogey House so please send me a PM if you are interested. As always this is a time to get together, have an exceptionally good time, and pretty much screw off for one day while raising some funds for Gordy! If you are interested in participating you can do so by formal invite from one of the SRC committee members or past participants. If you would like to participate please contact on of those people for a formal invitation.

One last thing the committee would like you to consider is whether or not you may have ANYTHING that you can donate to the fundraising efforts. Many of our members here on PP have been very generous throughout the years providing great prizes and auction items that allow us to keep the $$$ going straight into Gordy's Medical Fund! If you have any items or would simply like to help out the Gracey's with a small donation, please PM me with the details and I will coordinate a way to secure the item(s).

Lastly, please respond to this thread with your team name and members so we know how many are coming. We would really like to see a good turnout this year so put together your team and start the trash talking. Remember.....

I have the GREEN JACKET and the women from TEAM SKY VALLEY...SUCK!!!

1. Team Green Jacket: CM, Suck It, and Pete
2. Team Sky Valley Sucks Hard: Beezer, 4Salt, Jeff
3. Team Sky Valley Sucks Harder: Craig O, Tom, Chuck S.
4. Team 2 Guides and a ho: Bob, Carl, Paker(ho)
5. Team Two Round Guys and a Brown Guy: Art, Aaron, Luis
6. Team Orygun 50: JDarr, Amato, Bruce
7. Team Ashley's bitches: LoomisRep(Kiley), Andrew, ?
8. Team Apple Pie Moonshine: Tbird, Mryns_Tgl, Nate Dogg
9. Team Stripper Pole: Merg, Stripper1, Stripper2

CM

Edited by Canyon Man (11/28/16 02:40 PM)
Your Insurance Professional

#967503 - 11/07/16 10:38 AM Re: The Official 2016 SRC Smack Talk Tread!!! [Re: Canyon Man]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
I will donate prizes, and my attend this year, too...it's been a few years since I was there.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#967546 - 11/07/16 08:45 PM Re: The Official 2016 SRC Smack Talk Tread!!! [Re: Todd]
Dee Offline
Parr

Loc: Seattle
Kenai Fish Company is donating a drift boat anchor, custom cast to your desired weight, up to 40 lbs.

Dee

#967559 - 11/08/16 07:54 AM Re: The Official 2016 SRC Smack Talk Tread!!! [Re: Canyon Man]
CraigO Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Lake Stevens
Team Sky Valley Rocks will have 2 boats. Hoping the river is not blown out this year. Looks like we have a couple unstoppable teams and plan to have several teener steelhead in the box this year. Big gear Big fish

Beezer
Craigo
Mark
Jeff
Tom

#967562 - 11/08/16 08:37 AM Re: The Official 2016 SRC Smack Talk Tread!!! [Re: Canyon Man]
Beezer Offline
Spawner

Loc: Monroe WA
Oh CraigO forgot one thing....RETURNING TEAM CHAMPIONS Sky Valley Rocks....

#967684 - 11/09/16 08:30 AM Re: The Official 2016 SRC Smack Talk Tread!!! [Re: Canyon Man]
Winterun Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tac/Puy
Scott,
Send me an address, and I'll get some swag headed your way. Heck, I might even fish this year......you never know!!!

Joe

#967869 - 11/10/16 03:06 PM Re: The Official 2016 SRC Smack Talk Tread!!! [Re: Canyon Man]
4Salt Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Lynnwood, WA
Returning BACK to BACK champions Team Sky Valley that is Beez!

#967934 - 11/11/16 07:48 AM Re: The Official 2016 SRC Smack Talk Tread!!! [Re: 4Salt]
Bobberdoggin Offline
Fry

Originally Posted By: 4Salt
Returning BACK to BACK champions Team Sky Valley that is Beez!

I thought it was Back to Back to Back now.

Tom.

#968008 - 11/12/16 09:50 AM Re: The Official 2016 SRC Smack Talk Tread!!! [Re: Canyon Man]
Bantam Offline
Skytucky Redneck

Team 2 Very Very Round guys and a Brownie are in.....

Myself
Art
Aaron

#968246 - 11/14/16 12:21 PM Re: The Official 2016 SRC Smack Talk Tread!!! [Re: Canyon Man]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
Just ordered up Mickey and BuzzLight Year. The Chit just got REAL!

(or, is that the reel's are chit?)

It's ON biatches.

Sky Valley SUCKS!!!!!

PS. The SRC Committee is hardly at work on new regulations for this year. We are hardly working to ban all conventional fishing floats/bobbers/indicators and only allow open and empty Rainier or Kokanee beer cans to be used as floats.

Oh crap...we'd better implement a shotgun ammo restriction for DogFish.....

Double Oh - and if you see any milk jugs "swimming" around in the river, just ignore those.

#968949 - 11/28/16 02:43 PM Re: The Official 2016 SRC Smack Talk Tread!!! [Re: The Moderator]
Canyon Man Offline
The Golden Child

Loc: Bothell, WA U.S.A.
Lame trash talk this year...looking forward to seeing all those who are vying for second place behind Team Green Jacket! Going to be fun having some new TARGETS, errrr, I mean participants. Also,

TEAM SKY VALLEY SUCKS HARD AND HARDER!!!!

CM
Your Insurance Professional

#968998 - 11/29/16 06:14 AM Re: The Official 2016 SRC Smack Talk Tread!!! [Re: Canyon Man]
CraigO Offline
Repeat Spawner

Team Sky Valley = Whoohoo another win!

#969076 - 11/29/16 06:29 PM Re: The Official 2016 SRC Smack Talk Tread!!! [Re: Canyon Man]
Bantam Offline
Skytucky Redneck

Team sky going full homo like Mergs gaybun and hipster facial stubble

#969119 - 11/30/16 06:22 AM Re: The Official 2016 SRC Smack Talk Tread!!! [Re: Canyon Man]
CraigO Offline
Repeat Spawner

I do have that stubble

#969188 - 11/30/16 05:26 PM Re: The Official 2016 SRC Smack Talk Tread!!! [Re: Canyon Man]
JDarr Offline
President- Oregon 20 Club

Orygun boys are looking of make some dead soldiers and some dead brats too! Better keep your helmets firmly fastened boys. Bruce says he's finally going to get serious!

....and I'm specifically looking whoop up on old CraigO flog
JD

Edited by JDarr (11/30/16 05:27 PM)

#969210 - 11/30/16 09:50 PM Re: The Official 2016 SRC Smack Talk Tread!!! [Re: Canyon Man]
deerlick Offline
Spawner

Loc: around
I've got room for 6 in the sled if anyone wants in

#969284 - 12/02/16 01:30 PM Re: The Official 2016 SRC Smack Talk Tread!!! [Re: deerlick]
jeffek1 Offline
Parr

Originally Posted By: deerlick
I've got room for 6 in the sled if anyone wants in

Yeah maybe they need to add team shake n bake to the list and get the low holing of a lifetime

#969316 - 12/02/16 09:52 PM Re: The Official 2016 SRC Smack Talk Tread!!! [Re: Canyon Man]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

WHOA... a jeffek drive-by!

"If you don't kill them, they will spawn." (Carcassman)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#969348 - 12/03/16 05:10 PM Re: The Official 2016 SRC Smack Talk Tread!!! [Re: Canyon Man]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

AHFMD!

"If you don't kill them, they will spawn." (Carcassman)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#969391 - 12/05/16 11:59 AM Re: The Official 2016 SRC Smack Talk Tread!!! [Re: Canyon Man]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
Another year, another great Snoopy Rod Classic.

Mother Nature decided to throw us yet another curve ball and dump some serious rain in the area the day before the SRC. Instead of seeing what was going on in the chocolate Milk River (Bogachiel), Bob, Delbert, and I decided to go see what was in the little river close to town. The water height was good and the viz was optimal. Good water conditions usually means good fishing. Several chrome bright wild coho were caught and release as well as Delbert doing some SRC Practice and landing a nice brat down at the ponds.

I was introduced to a new term that I'd never heard of: Hatchery Hole Hero. It helps if you start singing along to "Juke Box Hero" by Foreigner...and now Hatchery Hole Hero will be forever stuck in your head. You're welcome. I pulled a Hatchery Hole Hero and landed a super nice, flawless, wild hen around 10 pounds. She fought hard and would have spooled me on a snoop rod. A quick pick and she went on her way to make some more steelhead babies.

Here's where the little river meets the big river. Any guesses as to why we did not fish on the big river for this years SRC?

6 teams made it out to the SRC this year with a couple of no-shows to be had. Of the 6 teams, 4 made it out to the river, one went Tribal, and one never made it out of bed.

With the rivers blown, a last second decision was made to host the SRC on the Sol Duc and shoot for the largest and ugliest hatchery coho. Knowing full well the upper Duc was chalked full of BOOTS, we knew it was going to be a fun day of getting your ass handed to you by a boot coho on a snoopy rod. We were not disappointed.

This is how the evening ended (almost) for some on Thursday......Please don't sue us Deadliest Catch! We love your show and apparently so does Suck-It. I mean, like a lot. Just ask his wife. All in good fun...unless you're Suck-It.

This is how the morning texts started on my phone....ugh.....

Many boots were hauled in, including this Booty-Boot of a coho. One of many, many, and more many.

And no, this fish will NOT smoke up fine....ever.........

Sometimes, you just had to get out of the boat to either not get spooled, or just wanted a change in scenery. A long the way, it wasn't too hard to twitch up a fish. This was about as chrome as they got.....

Most of the boats just put in at the hatchery and took out at the hatchery. Us along with team Suck it floated down to Maxfield. While we were mostly shooting at each other with our potatoe guns, at some point it just got too wet, and the guns stopped firing long enough for me to take a photo.

The Weigh was more like the Carnage. Biggest fish went to Pete from team Suck-it with a gross 16+ pound ugly ass boot. The average team weight price went to....ugh...Team Suck it. They topped Team Two Guides and a Paker by a mere 12 ounces! Each team hauled in over 71 pounds of nasty boot-asstiness boot coho.

No one volunteered to pick any of these fish up, so here's the 2016 SRC Glory Shot!

Just remember kids: ALL HATCHERY FISH MUST DIE

We had an "Ugliest Fish Award", but it was mutually agreed upon that ALL of these fish were ugly.

We all broke away after the weigh-in and convened at Blakeslee Bar at the of town for some good eats, drinks, and multipe HiDef TV's that were covering the PAC-12 Championship game.

Let's just get this out of the way right now..........

University of Washington Huskies are your 2016 PAC-12 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!! Go Dawgs.

A raffle was held at half time and at the of the night, over $1500 was raised for the Gracey Family! Again, many many many thanks to all the vendors, businesses, people, and groups who contributed to the SRC this year. We couldn't have done it without you!

The 2016 Snoopy Rod Classic Winning Team: Team Suck it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
CHUBS
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (Carcassman), 1080 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13521
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645302 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |