Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#983507 - 01/12/18 12:52 PM Op rivers
lostboy Offline
Fry

Wow things are looking pretty bleak used to be such a wonderful Fishery believe me I'm not a rocket scientist but the numbers just don't lie I can only believe that we have made some major mistakes and it will be our grandkids that will pay for it I feel for the guides nobody wants to pay big bucks for a boat ride I feel for the town of forks you think they went through enough with a spotted owl

#983509 - 01/12/18 01:30 PM Re: Op rivers [Re: lostboy]
NOFISH Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Olalla, WA
Originally Posted By: lostboy
Wow things are looking pretty bleak. The OP used to be such a wonderful Fishery. Believe me, I'm not a rocket scientist but the numbers just don't lie. I can only believe that we have made some major mistakes, and it will be our grandkids that will pay for it. I feel for the guides, because nobody wants to pay big bucks for a boat ride. I feel for the town of Forks you think they went through enough with the spotted owl

Fixed it for ya

Damn Stam!
Remember, Ask yourself "What would Stam do?" smile

#983510 - 01/12/18 01:53 PM Re: Op rivers [Re: NOFISH]
Blktailhunter Offline
Returning Adult

Originally Posted By: NOFISH
Wow things are looking pretty bleak. The OP used to be such a wonderful Fishery. Believe me, I'm not a rocket scientist but the numbers just don't lie. I can only believe that we have made some major mistakes, and it will be our grandkids that will pay for it. I feel for the guides, because nobody wants to pay big bucks for a boat ride. I feel for the town of Forks you think they went through enough with the spotted owl

Fixed it for ya

smile

#983511 - 01/12/18 02:08 PM Re: Op rivers [Re: lostboy]
_WW_ Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Skagit
I don't think we'll have to wait for grandkids to realize the ramnifications.

#983512 - 01/12/18 02:20 PM Re: Op rivers [Re: NOFISH]
CedarR Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Olympia, WA
Wow things are looking pretty bleak used to be such a wonderful Fishery believe me I'm not a rocket scientist but the numbers just don't lie I can only believe that we have made some major mistakes and it will be our grandkids that will pay for it I feel for the guides nobody wants to pay big bucks for a boat ride I feel for the town of forks you think they went through enough with a spotted owl

Originally Posted By: NOFISH

Fixed it for ya

First, they took away my fishing license. Then, they came for my poetic license...

#983514 - 01/12/18 03:25 PM Re: Op rivers [Re: lostboy]
Numbqua Offline
Alevin

You can't seriously have come to this understanding just now..?

It's been a disaster for several seasons now. And why on earth would you pity the guides?

Do you live under a rock?

#983517 - 01/12/18 04:44 PM Re: Op rivers [Re: lostboy]
lostboy Offline
Fry

Well yes I am serious everyone makes mistakes including the Fisheries and a little FYI steelhead smolt usually stay in the rivers for 2 years and then two years out to sea that's four years before a return just hopeful we learn from our mistakes but doesn't seem to be the case. And as far as two guides go most of the Guides of met on the peninsula have been great people doing what they love to do fishing and sharing fishing and it's sad when your job goes away at no fault to you just my opinion

#983518 - 01/12/18 04:51 PM Re: Op rivers [Re: lostboy]
ReefSkunk
Unregistered

lostboy lostpunctuation

#983519 - 01/12/18 05:27 PM Re: Op rivers [Re: lostboy]
RUNnGUN Offline
Repeat Spawner

Look at my quote from me next to my avatar. Never would have thought it would have happened in my lifetime!

Edited by RUNnGUN (01/12/18 05:34 PM)

#983527 - 01/12/18 08:13 PM Re: Op rivers [Re: lostboy]
porkandbeans Offline
Egg

There's to many people!

#983528 - 01/12/18 08:33 PM Re: Op rivers [Re: RUNnGUN]
paguy Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Just look at bc steelhead, And you can see the future of OP steelhead. There are only so many fish. And only so many people that (REALLY) give a [Bleeeeep!] about them.

#983529 - 01/12/18 08:42 PM Re: Op rivers [Re: lostboy]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

The town of Forks and the local guide community should have taken the moral high ground way back in 2003 when we passed the ORIGINAL moratorium on wild steelhead retention.

The writing was on the wall way back then.

A lot of guys on this board (at least the ones that were here at the time) can feel vindicated. It's just so horribly unfortunate that it had to go down like this.

"If you don't kill them, they will spawn." (Carcassman)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#983533 - 01/12/18 11:11 PM Re: Op rivers [Re: eyeFISH]
DrifterWA Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: East of Aberdeen, West of Mont...
Originally Posted By: eyeFISH

A lot of guys on this board (at least the ones that were here at the time) can feel vindicated. It's just so horribly unfortunate that it had to go down like this.

I remember well..........politics took over, a closure of the OP rivers for wild steelhead, got overturned!!!!!

"I thought growing older, would take longer"

#983535 - 01/13/18 07:10 AM Re: Op rivers [Re: eyeFISH]
willie makeit Offline
Juvenile at Sea

[quote=eyeFISH]The town of Forks and the local guide community should have taken the moral high ground way back in 2003.

Spot on. Why do you insist on killing two fish everyday? because I can.

#983536 - 01/13/18 07:21 AM Re: Op rivers [Re: lostboy]
mreyns_tgl Offline
Random VaJJ Stalker

Loc: Port Angeles
Let me get this straight Doc, you feel vindicated because a small town’s enconomy is going to take a hit? Real classy dude

#983537 - 01/13/18 07:26 AM Re: Op rivers [Re: eyeFISH]
eddie Offline
Carcass

Loc: Valencia, Negros Oriental, Phi...
Originally Posted By: eyeFISH
The town of Forks and the local guide community should have taken the moral high ground way back in 2003 when we passed the ORIGINAL moratorium on wild steelhead retention.

The writing was on the wall way back then.

Doc, you are so correct. In fact, because I'm a petty man, I have not set foot in Forks since that meeting in Bremerton.

R.P. McMurphy - One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

#983539 - 01/13/18 08:01 AM Re: Op rivers [Re: lostboy]
RICH G
Unregistered

Since 2003 I fished steelhead about once every other year, and I only do it when I visit my in laws in forks. I would not even waste the money to go out there just to fish. Way to many people since the Puget Sound Closures on an already supper stressed fishery.

I got to see it from all sides working for the tribe from 1999 to 2003 and spending all my free time fishing.

from 1984 to 1999 me and my dad would make around a dozen trips a year out there mostly to fish the upper Bogie and Goodman Creek, sometimes the Hoh or Sol Duc.

Honestly it probably should close to all User Groups, let the tribes fish for subsistence, (food only), but no gill nets, some alternative methods. Definitely no commercial sale whatsoever should be legal for anybody.

It is really sad that honestly it is over.

#983553 - 01/13/18 01:07 PM Re: Op rivers [Re: mreyns_tgl]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Originally Posted By: mreyns_tgl
Let me get this straight Doc, you feel vindicated because a small town’s enconomy is going to take a hit? Real classy dude

Not at all, Mark.

It's simply tragic what was allowed to happen to the fish, and consequently the community. BAD BAD BAD any way you slice it. No one is celebrating the outcome.

Some of us are merely pointing out that it was largely avoidable.... if only more reasoned minds had carried the day 15 years ago.

Like old George Jones (R.I.P.) once sang so eloquently.... life's full of tough choices, and we all live and die by the ones we make. The City of Forks and the guide community actively killed the responsible choice.

They made the bed they're now left to lay in.

"If you don't kill them, they will spawn." (Carcassman)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#983562 - 01/13/18 03:36 PM Re: Op rivers [Re: lostboy]
eddie Offline
Carcass

Loc: Valencia, Negros Oriental, Phi...
Well said, Doc!

R.P. McMurphy - One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

#983567 - 01/13/18 04:35 PM Re: Op rivers [Re: lostboy]
mreyns_tgl Offline
Random VaJJ Stalker

Loc: Port Angeles
I’m going to boycot Aberdeen because I don’t support over fishing of the grays harbor area, and also because it’s an absolute shithole...

See how dumb that sounds... you’re better than that, orrrrrr maybe you’re not

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
280ackimp, DAVEANNICK, nicksdad, redgussydog, reitersteelhead123, wallacewhaler123, zswoods
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 933 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645354 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |