Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 ... 15 16 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#984192 - 01/25/18 03:36 PM wireless security cameras *****
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

anyone have any info on them? i need to get 1, i dont need a 4 or 6 or whatever camera system, just 1 camera, and a DVR, i do not want it to be WI-FI, just record to a central system...

going to be bolted about 50 feet away from desired viewing location... but, i need it to be decent enough to pick up faces in the dark, car makes, ect....

this is one ive been looking at, just not sure on it tho, i have never bought one...

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Defender-PHO...NIXM2/207138500

the reviews are high, and im assuming the 40 foot detection in dark is just playing safe?

thoughts?

#984193 - 01/25/18 03:38 PM Re: wireless security cameras [Re: 5 * General Evo]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

oh, and i dont want to spend 500+ dollars on one either... the one i posted is high enough....

#984198 - 01/25/18 04:36 PM Re: wireless security cameras [Re: 5 * General Evo]
NickD90 Offline
Shooting Instructor for hire

Loc: Snohomish, WA
You are really taking this whole PI-in-training thing to the next level ain't ya?
Won't a standard game camera work for your listed needs? The new WIFI ones will send alerts and pics straight to your phone.

That being said, this doesn't sound like it's going to end well Nate. But by all means, carry on and come back with the story once you make parole in 10 to 15.

#984201 - 01/25/18 04:49 PM Re: wireless security cameras [Re: NickD90]
willametteriveroutlaw Offline
Spawner

Loc: Idaho
Originally Posted By: NickD90
You are really taking this whole PI-in-training thing to the next level ain't ya?
Won't a standard game camera work for your listed needs? The new WIFI ones will send alerts and pics straight to your phone.

That being said, this doesn't sound like it's going to end well Nate. But by all means, carry on and come back with the story once you make parole in 10 to 15.

Hey fukface, let the good idea fairy do its work here. I see the possibility for pure gold in the future..

#984206 - 01/25/18 05:13 PM Re: wireless security cameras [Re: 5 * General Evo]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

We have mail thieves...

Thought about the game cam, worried it won't see that far in the dark to be tripped, like I said, it's about 50 feet away, with a camera like the one I posted, I can set it to record every night from 12-4, and delete old videos daily, takes a few seconds to wipe an SD card....

People that think I'm stupid and will end up in jail, aren't the most knowledgeable of folks, just like the dipsh!t a year ago that nearly got me killed, lucky for him, all I got was a ticket, that I beat, without seeing a judge...

Anyways, yeah, gonna film them, then beat the living dogsh!t out of them, cops won't do anything, USPS won't do anything, so I will... I'll make sure to make them swing first, I have an excellent skill in making people react without thinking....

#984209 - 01/25/18 05:41 PM Re: wireless security cameras [Re: 5 * General Evo]
Bent Metal Offline
Carcass

Loc: Sky River(WA) Clearwater(Id)
Originally Posted By: Evo
..I have an excellent skill in making people react without thinking....

Take Slo D with you

#984210 - 01/25/18 05:42 PM Re: wireless security cameras [Re: 5 * General Evo]
No Warranty Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Why do you leave the mail out over night?

#984211 - 01/25/18 05:45 PM Re: wireless security cameras [Re: 5 * General Evo]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

I don't, I get it every day when it comes, other neighbors don't however, and it still doesn't stop them... You go outside to leave in the morning, and all 20 boxes are open..

Empty or not, they come...

It's been going on for years, but when I drove out in the main road today, and saw everyone's mail laying all over the roads, it was the last straw...

I'll end it...

#984213 - 01/25/18 05:57 PM Re: wireless security cameras [Re: willametteriveroutlaw]
NickD90 Offline

Modern game cams take clear digital pics or video out to 100 ft in the pitch black. We easily get small squirrels on cam from 75 ft. Get the no IR flash kind. Get the card reader that pops into your cell phone, read and wipe. We do it in the field in like 30 seconds. Easy peasy. $100 - $150. Chit, I'll lend you one to test out as long as you post the video beat down on here for our enjoyment.

Originally Posted By: willametteriveroutlaw
Originally Posted By: NickD90

Hey fukface, let the good idea fairy do its work here. I see the possibility for pure gold in the future..

I said carry on! moose

Edited by NickD90 (01/25/18 07:21 PM)

#984219 - 01/25/18 06:12 PM Re: wireless security cameras [Re: 5 * General Evo]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

The problem I would have with a game cam, is mounting, how wide is the field of view on most of them?

Talking about something like this?

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cuddeback...mp;gclsrc=aw.ds

Edited by Evo (01/25/18 06:14 PM)

#984225 - 01/25/18 07:27 PM Re: wireless security cameras [Re: 5 * General Evo]
NickD90 Offline

Yep! I typed UV earlier, but meant IR. No glow, no flash at all. Nothing will know it's there. Batteries last for months and I can get 1000's of pics on a single 36gb SD card. We have a few out in the woods now since hunting season. When i go back in a couple of months, there will be 10,000+ pics on each SD card. I sometimes put one pointed at my front door. Nobody knows it's there.

Depth is 100 ft. Field of view 75 - 100 ft give or take. They capture pretty much everything in the area that moves. Get a camo one and hide it in the bushes or up in a tree for easy concealment. They strap to just about anything. You can also get a heavy cable lock and padlock or even a fully encompassing metal lock box if you want. 1 - 2 should cover everything around your house. Like I said, you can borrow one to try out first if you want.

Edited by NickD90 (01/25/18 07:33 PM)

#984228 - 01/25/18 08:12 PM Re: wireless security cameras [Re: 5 * General Evo]
ReefSkunk
Unregistered

Prediction.

Evo’s camera catches Evo stealing mail.

#984230 - 01/25/18 08:28 PM Re: wireless security cameras [Re: 5 * General Evo]
Snake Pliskin Offline
Bead

Loc: Duvall
Get a PO Box in town. $60 a year, no worries. You go to town every couple of days to get groceries, gas, etc. anyway. Then you tell the post office never to touch your mailbox in front of your house....then wire that mutha with enough electricity to fry the next @#$% who touches it. I'd still get a camera to film the zap and post it on YouTube and here on the dark side.
Snake

#984232 - 01/25/18 09:38 PM Re: wireless security cameras [Re: 5 * General Evo]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

Da fuq? I'm not going to the post office to get my mail, fvck that noise lol...
I
I have a plan in place now I think will work just fine...

Off topic, but where the fvck is Hank?

#984233 - 01/25/18 09:57 PM Re: wireless security cameras [Re: 5 * General Evo]
ReefSkunk
Unregistered

Is the mail thief (assuming it’s not you) the same person that was living in the woods on the old landfill behind your neighborhood? That thread was gold, mostly because it had pictures to go along with your long rambling posts.

#984234 - 01/25/18 09:58 PM Re: wireless security cameras [Re: 5 * General Evo]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

No, they flattened that area, it's a clear cut now, going to build a bunch of houses...

Those pictures, were also correct...

#984235 - 01/26/18 12:42 AM Re: wireless security cameras [Re: 5 * General Evo]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Evo, did you ever have to answer to hitting your neighbor in the head with a shovel or Axe. Maybe that's how Hank ended up with that dent?

- Albert Einstein.

#984238 - 01/26/18 06:27 AM Re: wireless security cameras [Re: 5 * General Evo]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

i never hit anyone with anything...

#984242 - 01/26/18 07:51 AM Re: wireless security cameras [Re: 5 * General Evo]
GoldDigger Offline
Returning Adult

Evo, the one in your link requires that you run electrical power to the camera,
and that can be a real PITA, depending on your chosen mounting location.

If you're going to install a camera, battery powered and wireless is the way to go.

#984246 - 01/26/18 10:02 AM Re: wireless security cameras [Re: 5 * General Evo]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Evo, keep your hatchet close. If the perps are coming by every night to empty the mailboxes, you don't need a security camera. Just hide out there on the night of your choice and ambush them when they stop at the mailbox. Naturally, pics of the takedown would be appreciated here.

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 ... 15 16 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (stonefish), 1043 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645293 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |