Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#990222 - 06/12/18 09:10 AM WFF site?
Blktailhunter Offline
Returning Adult

Anyone know what happened to the Washington Fly Fishing site? They changed servers and a couple of weeks later they disappeared.

#990227 - 06/12/18 11:46 AM Re: WFF site? [Re: Blktailhunter]
stonefish Offline
King of the Beach

Loc: Carkeek Park
If you have it bookmarked, delete the bookmark and google the site.
Once on, save it as a bookmark again.

That is what I did after having issues and can get on it now without issue.

I was getting a bunch of 404 error messages prior to doing the above. It was super slow for awhile there but seems much faster now.
SF

#990232 - 06/12/18 12:36 PM Re: WFF site? [Re: stonefish]
Blktailhunter Offline
Returning Adult

Thanks. That worked.

#990241 - 06/12/18 02:07 PM Re: WFF site? [Re: Blktailhunter]
Jason Beezuz Offline
My Waders are Moist

Loc: PNW
You should not care.

Maybe it's amphetamines.

#990292 - 06/13/18 07:28 PM Re: WFF site? [Re: Jason Beezuz]
LocalTalent Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Originally Posted By: Jason Beezuz
You should not care.

Maybe he needs advice for Montana.

#990293 - 06/13/18 08:23 PM Re: WFF site? [Re: Blktailhunter]
stonefish Offline
King of the Beach

Beezuz,
You still upset after all these years about getting banned once?
Time to let that [Bleeeeep!] go dude.
SF

#990334 - 06/14/18 12:41 PM Re: WFF site? [Re: stonefish]
Jason Beezuz Offline
My Waders are Moist

Loc: PNW
Originally Posted By: stonefish
Beezuz,
You still upset after all these years about getting banned once?
Time to let that [Bleeeeep!] go dude.
SF

It sort of has to do with that. Every time I check in, I still see terrible advice repeated like its true by people who only think they know how to fish. Its where those with little experience go to make believe. I much prefer this site because you can call people on their BS and not get banned. WFF is for city folks, with city lives, who sit at a computer all day wishing they could fish but they hardly ever do. They think they learn while not fishing but you really can’t. I was banned because someome in a fly club I was thinking of joining was posting very sesnsative intel he got from his first or second meeting, pretending he was an expert which is typical WFF. I told that man, “You don’t deserve to know [Bleeeeep!] if you are going to do that”. Since he was a dentist he didnt like being held accountable by normal folk so he got me banned. That man moved on from fly fishing to probably helicopter flying a long time ago but all that intel is still there online for the world to see; places my gramps showed me. I guess that man wasnt really a fisherman afterall.

My problem isn't really with WFF or fly fishing, It is with the types that are drawn to fly fishing. They are arrogant and look down on most other types of fishing. They talk like they know a lot, but probably are just playing make believe and their trigger is being told they are wrong because it topples their ivory tower of fly fishing. Why do you think there are so many “legends” in fly fishing? More than any sport. Its because its all ego and bs.

Ive been asked, practically begged by many fly clubs to join because I am youngish and good at it. I even taught classes. These clubs are average age 70 and they need youth bad. Yet they scorn me for not exclusively fly fishing and they repeat BS that is bot gonna help catch anything. The president of one such club told me he caught 3 steelhead in over 30 years trying and he is an “expert”.

Maybe it's amphetamines.

#990340 - 06/14/18 01:05 PM Re: WFF site? [Re: Blktailhunter]
stonefish Offline
King of the Beach

You should post that over on WFF, so folks can see it and how you feel about them and that website.
Doesn't do much good here. Not many will see it.

I've met some great folks of that site. Same for this one.

Not really sure what living in a city has to do with the amount of time people spend on the water, whether gear or fly fishing. Many like them both, do plenty of both....and live in the city.
SF

#990355 - 06/14/18 10:13 PM Re: WFF site? [Re: Blktailhunter]
NickD90 Offline
Shooting Instructor for hire

Loc: Snohomish, WA
Beez - there are snobby jerks in almost all sports and leisure hobbies. Just as there are salt of the earth, humble folks as well. FF is no different and you gotta wade through the douches to get to the good ones. It is however generally regarded as a rich man sport akin to hound hunting and yachting. A lot of these 70 year olds you speak of have made their money and have been to the very top of their fields. There will be diick measuring going on- count on it. Pomp and circumstance + egos are par for the course and to expect anything different is kinda on you.

I come directly from some of that "legend" stock, was born, raised and drilled into that culture. My father, a dentist when he wasn't fishing, left the top of the FF community because of it and the politics. I saw all of that and said no thanks. All I ever cared for was getting dirty, catching fish and perfecting the craft, so I remained immune to the BS. Maybe you gotta go back to the heart and essence of the sport?

#990356 - 06/15/18 07:29 AM Re: WFF site? [Re: NickD90]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline
My Area code makes me cooler than you

Orvis rulz!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL

#990362 - 06/15/18 08:30 AM Re: WFF site? [Re: Blktailhunter]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Beezuz,

Like Stonefish said, you should post that on WFF. Your post is high in entertainment value. In your own youthful arrogance you suffer the stereotyping of painting with a broad brush.

I beg to differ your contention that you can't call someone on their BS at WFF and not get banned. I've been known to do it, almost routinely. The difference, I think, is that you hadn't learned how to disagree with others without being disagreeable yourself. It's not that hard, but it does take a smidgen of maturity. The requirement is that you attack the issue or argument, not the person. If you don't know the difference, then that is on you.

Your stereotype that only a certain type of angler is drawn to fly fishing couldn't be more dead wrong. I meet all kinds of people through fishing and fly fishing. Some I don't want to be around for even a minute after meeting them, and others become lifelong friends. In order for the fly fishing community to be as bad as you make it out to be, you've had your eyes closed to most of what it has to offer.

Sg

#990371 - 06/15/18 10:11 AM Re: WFF site? [Re: Blktailhunter]
FleaFlickr02 Offline
River Nutrients

I hang out over there. Yes, there are some douchebags and know-it-alls (who actually know nothing), but there are also some great anglers and stewards of the site that make it worth my time... Kinda like this place most ways....

#990387 - 06/15/18 04:19 PM Re: WFF site? [Re: Blktailhunter]
LocalTalent Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Before you know it, they'll be lambasting people for keeping catfish and carp.

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (steely slammer), 1085 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645291 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |