Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#999017 - 12/18/18 03:53 PM WFC at it again
cobble cruiser Offline
~B-F-D~

Edited by cobble cruiser (12/18/18 04:05 PM)

#999019 - 12/18/18 04:11 PM Re: WFC at it again [Re: cobble cruiser]
large edward Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Brier, WA
I see from their website they've sued Trump 102 times. Hmmm, is this really about the killer whales??

#999020 - 12/18/18 04:30 PM Re: WFC at it again [Re: cobble cruiser]
cobble cruiser Offline
~B-F-D~

Maybe they should put all their chips into cullling the crazy ass sea lion population that continues to devastate our salmon runs. Oh wait, nevermind there's no money in that.

Edited by cobble cruiser (12/18/18 04:32 PM)

#999021 - 12/18/18 05:00 PM Re: WFC at it again [Re: cobble cruiser]
Larry B Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: University Place and Whidbey I...
Interesting. I am surprised our AG Ferguson hasn't already pulled that trigger given his penchant for suing the Feds and the amount of State money tied up in the proposed budget for Orca recovery.

Now, what might we speculate as a response? The good, the bad and the ugly??

An Executive Order to reduce seals and sea lions by 2/3?

It's the person who has done nothing who is sure nothing can be done. (Ewing)

#999022 - 12/18/18 05:03 PM Re: WFC at it again [Re: cobble cruiser]
Larry B Offline
River Nutrients

Also, in following IFish there is a thread Rewild the Willamette and some discussion therein about WFC or similar organization suing ODFW because NOAA/NMFS has failed to complete its review of the ODFW's HGMP and issue a permit. Sound familiar?

#999023 - 12/18/18 05:10 PM Re: WFC at it again [Re: Larry B]
cobble cruiser Offline
~B-F-D~

Originally Posted By: Larry B
Also, in following IFish there is a thread Rewild the Willamette and some discussion therein about WFC or similar organization suing ODFW because NOAA/NMFS has failed to complete its review of the ODFW's HGMP and issue a permit. Sound familiar?

Same thing over in Idaho over steelhead. Who's the usual suspect you ask? Who else? Over NOAA permitting process as usual. Seems a proven recipe for strong arming. To think I actually used to donate to these guys.

#999025 - 12/18/18 05:26 PM Re: WFC at it again [Re: cobble cruiser]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

You'll get no disagreement from me on this part...

“There’s growing evidence that Chinook size and abundance are closely related to the survival and reproductive success of Southern Resident killer whales. Yet federal fishery managers responsible for protecting this endangered population have ignored data showing how ocean harvest management contributes to the decline of both Chinook salmon and Southern Resident killer whales,” said Kurt Beardslee, executive director of the Wild Fish Conservancy. "

DFO and NOAA-F are both complicit in their unwavering efforts to preserve, protect, and perpetuate the mixed-stock open ocean rape of the chinook nursery. The relentless harvest in these killing fields, prosecuted on a melting pot of stocks from AK BC and the PNW has spelled DISASTER for north-migrating wild chinook on the entire west coast.

Perhaps the plight of SRKW's may just be the catalyst needed to finally achieve meaningful harvest reform that puts an end to these unsustainable northern intercept fisheries.

"If you don't kill them, they will spawn." (Carcassman)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#999038 - 12/18/18 09:56 PM Re: WFC at it again [Re: cobble cruiser]
Carcassman Online   content
River Nutrients

Loc: Olema,California,Planet Earth
The alternative, Doc, is that they will bring in the God Squad and write off the SRKWs. And the Chinook, too as it i beyond obvious that recovery is not their intent. Listed in the early 90s and what progress has been made?

#999051 - 12/19/18 07:36 AM Re: WFC at it again [Re: cobble cruiser]
milt roe Offline
Spawner

Loc: tacoma
Even a fairly modest reduction in northern mixed stock chinook fisheries that intercept PS chinook would result in an immediate and significant increase in returns of local chinook adults. I can’t argue with their basic premise. No other propsed action would do that in real time. Would likely also benefit terminal PS fisheries. I have been wondering why this has not been a bigger part of the proposed SRKW recovery discussions.

#999055 - 12/19/18 08:44 AM Re: WFC at it again [Re: cobble cruiser]
wsu Offline
Returning Adult

The 60 day notice letter appears to focus solely on curtailing ocean fisheries in California, Oregon, and Washington. I wonder why there isn't any focus on AK and Canada?

#999062 - 12/19/18 10:22 AM Re: WFC at it again [Re: wsu]
Jason Beezuz Offline
My Waders are Moist

Loc: PNW
Originally Posted By: wsu
The 60 day notice letter appears to focus solely on curtailing ocean fisheries in California, Oregon, and Washington. I wonder why there isn't any focus on AK and Canada?

Yes WTF?

Does this group need a basic lesson in Pacific Salmon life cycles?

Maybe it's amphetamines.

#999067 - 12/19/18 10:34 AM Re: WFC at it again [Re: Jason Beezuz]
Larry B Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Jason Beezuz
Originally Posted By: wsu

Yes WTF?

Does this group need a basic lesson in Pacific Salmon life cycles?

No. That group is well aware of salmon life cycles. It has to be a strategic approach recognizing the realities of the Canadian fisheries. Wish I could be a fly on the wall and be privy to their end game.

#999072 - 12/19/18 11:02 AM Re: WFC at it again [Re: cobble cruiser]
wsu Offline
Returning Adult

I'm sure it is intentional. If the suit does happen, some Washington groups (CCA, NSIA, ?) need to step up and intervene to ensure the pain is shared by those north of us.

#999073 - 12/19/18 11:20 AM Re: WFC at it again [Re: cobble cruiser]
GodLovesUgly Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: WaRshington
Originally Posted By: cobble cruiser
Same thing over in Idaho over steelhead. Who's the usual suspect you ask? Who else? Over NOAA permitting process as usual.

It's becoming ever apparent how pointless the permits are, as well. For years hatcheries have been dialed back to "limit impacts on wilds" by NMFS and then suddenly here we are crying about whales and the stance flips immediately 180 degrees with no scientific basis to go ahead and quadruple hatchery releases to "produce food" wild impacts be damned!

The whole permitting process is a shell game and as far as I can tell means just about absolutely 0 to actual fish survival.

Edited by GodLovesUgly (12/19/18 11:20 AM)
I want to be a fisherman.

#999074 - 12/19/18 11:32 AM Re: WFC at it again [Re: GodLovesUgly]
Larry B Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: GodLovesUgly
Same thing over in Idaho over steelhead. Who's the usual suspect you ask? Who else? Over NOAA permitting process as usual.

It's becoming ever apparent how pointless the permits are, as well. For years hatcheries have been dialed back to "limit impacts on wilds" by NMFS and then suddenly here we are crying about whales and the stance flips immediately 180 degrees with no scientific basis to go ahead and quadruple hatchery releases to "produce food" wild impacts be damned!

The whole permitting process is a shell game and as far as I can tell means just about absolutely 0 to actual fish survival.

I'm not sure that WDFW has presented a plan for increased production to NMFS let alone that NMFS has approved one. Given their (NMFS) obvious inability to do anything in a timely manner the forthcoming train wreck should be interesting to watch.

#1001562 - 01/19/19 10:31 AM Re: WFC at it again [Re: cobble cruiser]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Loc: Olypen
I LOVE when we Hail the Hero who committed the rape. Create an emergency and then hero the recovery .... freakin genius! Plant the damn fish.

#1001575 - 01/19/19 02:34 PM Re: WFC at it again [Re: cobble cruiser]
River Nutrients

NOAA can't close the Canadian fisheries. They can act on any and all US fisheries. They should do something about the BC fisheries but those will be tied up in a tight package with AK.

But, again, NOAA can't shut down Canada, nor can US Courts.

Anybody want to take this to The Hague?

#1001792 - 01/23/19 08:30 AM Re: WFC at it again [Re: GodLovesUgly]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Loc: Olypen
Originally Posted By: GodLovesUgly

Theologists run this show. They don't need to produce a viable product. Plant the damn fish ... it works.

#1001794 - 01/23/19 08:59 AM Re: WFC at it again [Re: cobble cruiser]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline
My Area code makes me cooler than you

Plant fish.

#1001891 - 01/23/19 04:29 PM Re: WFC at it again [Re: cobble cruiser]
River Nutrients

The Feds have run into a lot of problems because they can't, don't, won't meet timelines. Congress and Administrations learned that if you don't fund them they don't do nothin'.

A few decades back the development side of the Leg passed a law requiring DOE to process water rights, which were backed up, in X days. The Leg also cut the budget for staff to do the actual processing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (steely slammer), 1085 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645291 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |