LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#136248 - 01/19/02 09:46 PM Why aren't YOU fishing?
haverodwillfish Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Fort Lewis, WA
This might be a new question or at least one that hasn't been posted for awhile, but it is Saturday, what is YOUR excuse for not fishing today? Mine: Playing Army

-George Orwell

#136249 - 01/19/02 09:53 PM Re: Why aren't YOU fishing?
RPetzold Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Everett, Wa
When I pulled up The Board this evening, I noticed that it had turned over, which is a rarity for a saturday.

Guess everyone is at home waiting for the Nates as the brats sure crashed this past week.

#136250 - 01/19/02 10:02 PM Re: Why aren't YOU fishing?
ltlCLEO Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: brownsville wa.
Went fishing today,FLU and all!
Got a pleasant surprise of some very healthy Dolly Vardens on a river that I have only seen two in twenty years!
I think I am going back tomarrow with a fly pole! laugh

#136251 - 01/19/02 10:17 PM Re: Why aren't YOU fishing?
FishinFinatic Offline
Fry

Loc: West Linn Oregon
I went fishing wednesday and caught some steelies. And went back on friday, and there was not a fish in sight. Went everywere i could to try to find em, but with no such luck. As far as today, I didn't want to fight the crowds, and risk having another day like yesterday.
Friday was the first day i've been skunked for over a month now.

#136252 - 01/19/02 10:29 PM Re: Why aren't YOU fishing?
Diana Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
Cuz my 3/4 ton Ford Turbo Diesel decided to drop all the right side leaf springs out on the I-5 corridor while towing a trailer at 70 mph.
No wheels, no meals.
Phooey.
diana eek eek eek

#136253 - 01/19/02 10:49 PM Re: Why aren't YOU fishing?
papafsh Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Everett, WA.
Spent the whole day on my favorite little zipper-lip and got zip! That's the third trip now with out even a bite. Have all the hatchery fish left town?

Going back tomorrow, a glutton for punishment!

#136254 - 01/19/02 11:15 PM Re: Why aren't YOU fishing?
Nebb Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Forks
You know that four letter word nobody likes? That was me!!!!!!

WORK!! rolleyes rolleyes

#136255 - 01/19/02 11:43 PM Re: Why aren't YOU fishing?
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Nisqually
I was doing the other four letter word that every one likes. laugh

#136256 - 01/19/02 11:45 PM Re: Why aren't YOU fishing?
Dave Jackson Offline
Spawner

Loc: Milwaukie, OR
Worked on a website today, family day tomorrow, fishing on Monday on either the Sandy, Clackamas, or Eagle Creek. Don't know any of them enough to know where yet, but I'll just go out to wet the line some.

#136257 - 01/20/02 12:35 AM Re: Why aren't YOU fishing?
JacobF Offline
Spawner

Loc: Post Falls, ID
I did fish today! Got a 9 pound buck on the Snoqualmie about 11:30. Shortly after that the water got so muddy it was near unfishable. Less than a foot of visibility.

#136259 - 01/20/02 01:04 AM Re: Why aren't YOU fishing?
Skywalker Offline
Spawner

Loc: Snohomish, WA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by haverodwillfish:
This might be a new question or at least one that hasn't been posted for awhile, but it is Saturday, what is YOUR excuse for not fishing today? Mine: Playing Army

Because I had an ACL reconstruction and a menisectomy on my right knee in December and I can't do any hiking or wading yet. frown frown frown There are a few places I could get to and fish (I live about 1 minute from Cheapskate hole on the Snohomish, for example), but I'd have to plunk. Ewwwwwwww...

(no offense to the guys that like to plunk, but it's just not my shot of tequila) wink

#136260 - 01/20/02 01:50 AM Re: Why aren't YOU fishing?
Timber Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Stumpy Acres
Skywalker- Hope your surgery went better then mine smile I had reconstructive surgery on mine in June of 2000 and still have problems frown I spent from june 2 until mid august in bed with fluid drained off my knee daily..It has been a long road to get where I am and now and that isnt all that good.They are talking another surgery to see if they can go another route without a replacement frown ..Hope all goes well I know your pain!!!!TM

#136261 - 01/20/02 02:22 AM Re: Why aren't YOU fishing?
Buzzo Offline
Parr

Loc: Albany, OR
How far back can I go. Before winter steelhead there was Fall Chinook and Coho, before that there was summer steelhead and summer trout, before that there was spring chinook, and before that there was more winter steelhead. My wife has gradually been getting less and less excited about my early morning departures and late afternoon tales of diving chromers and twisted offerings.

Besides, "You caught twelve in the last two weeks of December, and I don't even like fish!!"
I even had to work on my birthday last week, instead of my traditional sunrise on a steelhead stream, which is my favorite place to be. Key West, Puerto Penasco, nothing compares. You can tell I haven't been fishing in a while (Its only been two weeks?!) HT

#136262 - 01/20/02 02:01 PM Re: Why aren't YOU fishing?
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
Went to a Sonics game yesterday and we "wheenied" today because of the gale force winds this morning.

Maybe The Kid and I will get out on Monday?

I haven't been fishing since the 31st of 2001!!!!! eek

#136263 - 01/20/02 02:12 PM Re: Why aren't YOU fishing?
LittleZoZo Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Rochester, WA USA
I'm not fishing because I'm working seven days a week on the 4th Ave. bridge in Olympia...... What a pain in the A$$ work can be.

#136264 - 01/20/02 02:15 PM Re: Why aren't YOU fishing?
Skywalker Offline
Spawner

Loc: Snohomish, WA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Man:
Skywalker- Hope your surgery went better then mine smile I had reconstructive surgery on mine in June of 2000 and still have problems frown I spent from june 2 until mid august in bed with fluid drained off my knee daily..It has been a long road to get where I am and now and that isnt all that good.They are talking another surgery to see if they can go another route without a replacement frown ..Hope all goes well I know your pain!!!!TM

Oh, man, I feel for you! Mine has gone real well, actually, from what my physical therapist (she's ruthless, and I wouldn't have it anyother way smile ) is saying. I can do stairs up very well, down with a little railing assistance (brace on, always), and continue to be religious about doing my rehab. exercises daily. I'm almost walking without a limp. Two more weeks and I can go without the brace, which means then my waders will fit! laugh

I hope you get past the point of needing to consider a replacement. I can't imagine having to go under the knife again. eek

#136265 - 01/20/02 02:19 PM Re: Why aren't YOU fishing?
Extreme Offline
Smolt

Loc: Ridgefield, WA.
Work - every other weekend. Going fishing Mon & Tues. Lets just say the war in Afghanistan has been good for the business I'm in. Smart bombs need silicon.
x

#136266 - 01/20/02 02:47 PM Re: Why aren't YOU fishing?
Old Man Offline
Spawner

Loc: Silver Star,Mt
Well I didn't go fishing because the wife works and I had to babysit. I also have had knee Surgery. In fact I've had it on both knees. Doc said to use a cane but then my wrist went bad from the cane. I have trouble going up stairs but not down. It's a good thing it wasn't the arm that I cast with. Doc said next operation will be to replace the right knee. I hope not. I got my bad knees at the lazy "B". But I'm retired now. So when I find the time I try to go fishing. I'd go today but where I live it's been raing for three days off and on. Jim S. smile

#136267 - 01/20/02 03:01 PM Re: Why aren't YOU fishing?
CedarR Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Olympia, WA
Back attack! The kind that makes rolling over in bed an adventure, and going to the bathroom a journey. The wading staff is getting a real workout this weekend. Wife says that the staff makes me look just like Father Time, only older. Thanks to TV football and golf, I'm going to get through this. I expect a full recovery by tomorrow... when soap operas and talk shows return wink Good fishing to the rest of you.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
dizzy fisherman
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (Carcassman), 1237 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645418 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |