I put in my first garden in 13 years this year. 3 of them actually. Indoor and outdoor. Expensive, unplanned, make shift, spur of the moment, SHTF, Covid Freedom Gardens. I kill the hell outta game, fish and mushrooms, but I needed to bolster that with veggies, eggs and chickens.

Now I got 10' tall cherry tomatoes in my living room, 15' tall scarlet runners which the humming birds love; 8' mammoth seed sunflowers that are just babies and about 500 pounds of onions and taters on the way. Plus all the other chit. I've put up about 15 pounds of spring peas and 10 pounds of spinach already. More spinach than I can handle. I grew radishes, no lie, that looked fake they where so absolutely perfect.

Then the not so good. I just can't get my beets right. I lost all of my Brussel Sprouts to mealy bugs. Carrots are struggling - which is the biggest bummer of them all. I fvcking LOVE garden carrots - spit, dirt and all. I lost a whole cucumber mound. I have a dozen or so indoor peppers that got hammered by aphids a while back and that was a killer set back on the pepper front. They are rebounding, but the damage has been done.

On deck are cucumbers, LOTS zucchini and cherry tomatoes & beans of many flavors. Swiss chard and Kale are going nuts. Acorn and butternut squash are fruiting well. Mature onions are getting plump. Spring onions, lettuce, spinach, micro greens and alpha or bean sprouts are always on tap. I'm waiting with baited breath to see how my taters turn out. I'm hoping for a triple digits at the minimum.

Considering how I literally had no plans for a garden prior to March 1st, I'd say I'm very happy with my results so far. Including the new chickens, it's been a busy pandemic on the ol' ponderosa.

So, how's yer' chit growin'?

Edited by NickD90 (07/20/20 10:52 PM)