LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#84388 - 01/06/00 11:56 AM synthetic lines?
Kevin Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: seattle,wa
Was wondering if anyone has tried the power pro line and if it wears the guides like spider wire does? And if anyone has had success with simular line with out the excellerated guide wear? Thanx and tight lines
Kevin

#84389 - 01/06/00 12:09 PM Re: synthetic lines?
Bob D Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Port Orchard Wa Kitsap
Go too Loomis's site and look at tips and teqniques, they have question and awnsering and have a small blurp on these lines and there effect on rods and guides. I use Fireline and its awesome!!! dont use it for pluggin but most every thing else...Good guides like on my Loomis's and Lami's dont wear at all but cheaper guides may...You'll have to experiment. You wont believe the sensitivity...Here's the link!http://www.gloomis.com/tips_faq.htm

#84390 - 01/06/00 03:14 PM Re: synthetic lines?
Yahoo Offline
Parr

Loc: Hansville ,Wa. U.S.A.
Hey Kevin, Yahoo here. Ihave used tuffline for about 5 years now and think its the greatest thing since sliced bread!!! Now, I do use it only in the salt, but it has no stretch and when you set the hook, WATCH OUT, Its a direct connect with the fish. Have never had a problem with it putting a groove in my guides and I fish about 150 days a year. I havent fished it in the rivers yet due to the fact that this stuff will not brake and we all know how these snaggy rivers can be!!

#84391 - 01/06/00 08:53 PM Re: synthetic lines?
fishkisser99 Offline
Spawner

Loc: Eastsound, WA, USA
Been using Power Pro for a few months now and must say it has its advantages and disadvantages...but the sensitivity is incredible and for float fishing its no-stretch qualities ensure a quick hookset. Have noticed no guide wear as of yet. Seemed a bit hard to cast the 10 lb stuff...but I switched up to 30 and haven't had problems. Try it. You'll like it. Hey Mikey! lol

tight lines

#84392 - 01/07/00 11:06 PM Re: synthetic lines?
kore Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Carson, WA
I have been using The power Pro line for a short time now. I like The price. I have been using the 30/6 on my noodle for bobber fishing and like it alot(line floats). I also used the 30/6 on my drift rod. The sensitivity is great, but the line seems a little touchy when it comes to abrasion, in other words it does'nt deal with it well. Otherwise it is a good line for the price. I ran out of mono leaders one day and tied a leader with the braid, and caught a 9 lb hen on it.(go figure, I would have thought the braid tied directly to the hook would spook the fish) ---mike

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
dizzy fisherman
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
3 registered (Carcassman, Excitable Bob, 1 invisible), 575 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645418 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |