Originally Posted By: eyeFISH
Originally Posted By: MPM
Resurrecting this thread because I'm also in the market for a new jacket to use while fishing and performing other outdoor activities, but I don't like the shortness of many "wading" jackets.

However, I do like to keep one or two lure boxes in my jacket pocket when I'm bank fishing, and a lot of otherwise good rain jackets don't have big enough pockets, D rings, etc.

Does anyone have any experience with the Hodgman Aesis or h5 jackets?

Patagonia River Salt Jacket will give you the length you need plus the large front pockets you seek... all in a sleek uncluttered CLEAN frontal profile. Buy it ONCE and rest assured their iron-clad warranty will have you covered for friggin' ever.

My buddy has the river salt (I think) and got soaked in the front as the water came in through the zipper. I have no idea why they didn't include a storm flap in that design. Serious thunderstorm while fishing the hump in september.

For the "too short" complaints just but a tall size if they have it. Before cabelas eviscerated their warranty the goretex guide jacket in tall was near perfect...

Edited by thaxor (11/12/19 01:15 PM)