Folks on bookface were talking about some sort of discrimination claim, that disabled folks that can't bank walk are left out in the cold, so I thought I'd share a bit of information about that.

The WDFW blog mentioned this, and gave the link to where you go to request a reasonable accommodation for your disability...i.e., if you disability keeps you from participating, go there and request a waiver from the rule so that you can fish out of a boat.

That's how the ADA works, and if they refuse to accommodate you, then you may have a claim for discrimination.

I have no idea what WDFW's plan is on this...maybe they are handing out waivers, maybe they are flat out saying no and leaving themselves vulnerable to a discrimination claim...but in any event, here's the information:

https://wdfw.medium.com/changes-to-the-coastal-steelhead-season-67131dd05ba7

"What options are available for anglers who have a physical disability that would prohibit them from fishing under these restrictions?
DFW makes every effort to provide angling opportunities for people of all abilities. Disability access concerns may be addressed via a request for reasonable accommodation. More information about this process is available on our Requests for Title VI / ADA services web page."

There's a link there to go and make an accommodation request.

If anyone who needs one tries this, I'd be very curious to hear what they have to say.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle