Originally Posted By: FleaFlickr02
I feel for Bob, too... But I understand why WDFW can't afford to make exceptions in this particular case. They simply don't have the personnel to patrol all the rivers and check boat anglers to make sure they qualify for an exception, and you can bet plenty of non-qualifying people will take advantage of that circumstance and count on the high likelihood they'll never get caught.

I disagree, in the case of a Handicapped Jet boat owner........Washington State has a HANDICAPPED STICKER, sticker has a number and jet boat has a number....simple record keeping...... Have handicapped person take boat numbers and handicapped number to a Region Office, once there numbers are entered into WDFW computer system....... in the field WDFW LE could do a computer check on BOAT number...would also show Handicapped sticker number.

This beats the xhit out of a complete closure on handicapped boat owners....

I don't have a "other type of boat"......someone else can figure out a way,

If anyone thinks this is going to be a "1 year thing".....I DON'T THINK SO. Probably at least 2 cycles or more.

The river should not be open completely.......Chehalis River open to at least Porter, Wynoochee to White Bridge, Satsop to at least West Fork, Humptulips to Reynanne(sp) area..... Most of these areas are below steelhead spawning areas.

Drift boat handicapped owners, you'll have to work it out !!!!

I'm more upset that I couldn't use my jet boat, above Monty to fish for Coho salmon, until 12/31....hatchery Coho that could be surplused when they get to the hatchery.

"I thought growing older, would take longer"