Fuckin Mariners...I guess that's what you get with a young, but talent laden team...massive inconsistency.

I still think the Mariners are exactly on track for what they have been doing for the last several years, which is develop a farm system, develop their own players, and start moving them up the line...this comes with big growing pains.

My prediction(s) that they will bounce around, but ultimately end up 3rd or 4th in the division, double digit games out of playoff contention, is not a condemnation of this plan, it's a recognition that this is the plan, and this is how the plan plays out.

They'll be pretty good next year, and a contender the following year, and hopefully for several years after that...but pretending that they were a good team early has created a false expectation that they should be good, when they aren't.

My next prediction is that someone will cough up a pile of good prospects for Mitch Haniger at the trade deadline, and the swap will be made...this is also exactly how this plan should go, but fans who don't know baseball will gnash their teeth at giving away our best player...but at this juncture of the rebuild, that's exactly what Haniger's role is on this team...bring the highest trade value possible, and then send him to a team that is in contention today for a bunch of their up and comers.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle