WN1A . A very insightful post that expands the conversation. It's almost like the West Coast Steelhead are the canary in the coal mine for the salmonid system as a whole. We have fd up it's environment all the way around to a point of where we are now. POP's and PFAS and all the other plastic/chemicals man has introduced to what we thought an ocean environment that couldn't be affected are now catching up to us. Since the second industrial revolution in the early 20th century all the crap has caught to us. What's the future?

https://www.sciencemuseum.org.uk/objects-and-stories/chemistry/age-plastic-parkesine-pollution#:~:text=The%2020th%20century%20saw%20a,fully%20synthetic%20plastic%20in%201907.

I would hope that we still could still have an available opportunity to in river fish CnR statewide, whether hatchery or wild, that's in my DNA. I don't want to kill and eat them anyway. I think we have come to the point of the rest of the worlds approach to managing the experience. Permit limiting fishing only. It's inevitable from a management perspective. Not a happy discussion for the rest of society that believe, "I have a right to fish public land if I buy a license". Truth of the matter is, the fish can't support that anymore. With all the crap that's in the ocean it makes one wonder if any fish is "Healthy" to eat any more.

Edited by RUNnGUN (01/02/22 07:25 PM)