WOW, this has been a banner year all around... overall, I'm just happy as a pig in [Bleeeeep!] that I moved out to the Olympic Peninsula last year, away from the rat race of Seattle... this was my first full year out here, and I have fished SO much more because of it...

Highlights:
- The coho season in the salt... weekend after weekend at Sekiu, bringing new fisherpeople and their kids out for a day of fishing, and hooking them up time & time again...

- Going out on a charter out of LaPush... SO much fun, limit 7 guys on coho by 9:30am, then go catch a bunch of lingcod...

- The coho season on the rivers... teaching and watching my girlfriend catch her first salmon on drift gear, then her following it up with three more... teaching and watching my good friend Greg land his first two salmon, and both on his birthday... coming into a hole, catching fish, getting the "how is it done?" questions, then having so much fun showing people how to fish and watching them catch their first fish ever...

- Fishing for blackmouth with John Keizer and Tom Nelson, on John's boat... just awesome to see the masters at work... we came home with three when pretty much everyone else got nothing...

- Catching my first steelhead just a couple of weeks ago... getting hooked on it, and realizing there just isn't enough time to do it all...

-N.