It has come to our attention that we have a number of 'jig virgins' as members of the BB here. eek Check out Gooose's "Okay Fine I'm Gonna Try Jigs" thread, all the way to my second post in it for the roots of this jig contest. >

We have learned thru very courageous confessions there that Gooose, Schwing Man, Steelheadman, and Krome Bright have never caught an adult steelhead on a jig. Actually there are lots of you. Time to rectify this (don't even think it Stew!).

I'm am going to have an honor system contest between these 4 fine anglers and any other members that confess to their jig virginity here in this thread, thus entering also. The member that successfully lands their first adult steelhead on a baitless feathered jig using it under a float will win half a dozen jigs - three feathered ones and three collared jighead hooks for float fishing the pink worm on. No using any bait or rubber stuff like pink worms on your jig hook for this contest. A very small dab of scent on the front part of the jighead or lower leader is OK if you want. AND HEY! - Keep this honest, thus fun! It isn't worth fibbing just to get $8 bucks worth of stuff, and have it hang on your conscience.

There are lots of very informative jig threads to review with the search feature for this BB. And us experienced jigsters will gladly answer tech Q's from you here in this thread. It's too much fun and productive for you guys not to learn this method of steelheading!

Let's hope it stops raining for a while, because jigs work better when the water is clearish. OK, get after 'em and keep us posted on your progress.

RT