Cool. We now have 8 contestants and growing. Who is going to be the first to catch that jig steelie? Will the rivers recede in time - oh, the drama. smile

B'dog, let us know the river types and jig techs you've been using. That would be a good starting point and we can then help you with things to improve your odds of catching the jig steelie. I've caught steelies on Jigman's jigs (Mike/Rainbow), Silent Approach jigs (Roger), BeauMac jigs, and of course my favorite First Cast Jigs (Mark). The improvement in little intricacies is what will help you most. Those 3 guys and some of us other successful jigsters can post our recommendations after we hear where and what you are doing; or hear specific questions.

D'dog, I suggest you bring up your driftboat along with a kicker motor. You can use it on the big Cow to re-do holes. (now that was a poor choice of words again - can't seem to help it. lets face it, I think there is a fine line between fishing lingo and sexual inuendo; so many words and phrases fit both rolleyes ) Anyway, then you can drift the medium and smaller rivers that come in sooner after these rains. And jigs will generally work better in those type rivers in my experience.

I will say one very basic thing you need to do Gregor - watch your bobber! wink

And Fishbait (Steve)!!! The hard core egg fishing master is going to try for a jig fish. That's cool. I want some of you others to beat him to your first jig fish - he's too good of overall fisherman to allow him to win this thing. So no 'tootering' for you dude. You were present for one of Mark Anderson's excellant jig clinics at our TV chapter of NW Steelheaders meeting. And use that search feature here for a wealth of jig info! Then all we need is for clearing rivers. The fish are there.

Ah Shane, I thought those gloves were for egg fishing. shocked

Edit: Aunty M (Marsha) entered over in the other thread. Entering her in the contest thread. Good luck Aunty!

smile RT

[ 12-02-2001: Message edited by: RT ]