i dont think hes trying to say dont kill it. i think hes trying to say just dont shoot it or hit it with a bat. I think it should be put down humanely or find a new home, and not hit with a bat ect. I think we all need to realize that dogs were WILD animals at one time and still have some of their natural instincts like protecting food or territory. have you ever noticed when a dog goes to lay down it turns a circle or two before it does it? that is a natural instinct, they do it to push down the grass or brush that they are sleeping on, they dont need to any more because they sleep on rugs or beds or whatever INSIDE our houses but they still do it. I'm not trying to make friends on this post and am not trying to make enemies either, I'm stating my beliefs. I'm sorry your son got injured. Cowlitzfisherman i know some people that have 3 rotts and a baby boy. these dogs are the SWEETEST NICEST LOVING dogs you will ever meet. i think they get their bad rep from their size and the damage they can do because of it...
tyler
P.S. BTW how can yall be so sure the dog will do it again. I may be wrong but i dont think you ever said why your son got bitten.

[ 01-12-2002: Message edited by: Tyler Celli ]