Stupidest thing I dever saw happened on the Nooch a few years ago. Fishing at my Dad's property above the spillway. A friend of one of the lots by him was fishing the big deep slot by the bend. This is back when ti was super deep next to the bank we were standing. So landing a fish by beaching was out, had to net it at the bank. My Dad and I had done well all week, but was slow this day. This guy was standing there with his wife casting a steelie spoon. He hooks into a nice 35+lb king. He had only brought an oversized trout net, short handled to boot. Bbail was maybe 1 foot across max. I haad my big frabill landing net and offered to net fish for him ssince it was about played out. Hhe gives my Dad and I the "don't go there" hand an says "I can landd this fiish with this net easily. I've landed 50b kings on the Chehalis with this net. You have to postition the net with your foot and drag fish into the bail. Then scoop iit up. Stand back and watch a master at work." He proceeded to bring that fish in FOUR times. Easy nets all 4 times with a BIG net. Hell, the head on this king was as big as the whole bial of the net. Well, fourth time did it. He tried to pull this fish into this little neet and net popped ouut ffrom his foot and snipped his leader. My Dad and I laughed as fish swam away. He picked up his net (which he had to get soaked to fetch out of the river), grabbed his gear and sstomped off with his wife. He could've had a nice buck if he would've let us net the fish.

Northwest River Fisherman