I learned my lesson last year, I was on my way to the OP early around 4 am or so, it did not seem like it was that cold out when I left Tacoma. Sixty MPH or so the whole way there. I was cruising down 101 and just before the turn off for the middle bridge of the salmon I came over a hill and the road started bending right I lost control and spun the truck almost 360 degrees at 50 miles an hour, I ended up off the road on the right hand side, down in a big ditch. I climbed out of the truck and investigated the damage and was relieved when all that I noticed was the right rear tire came off the rim, lucky for me another guy had spun out on the same patch of ice just before me, he came running down to make sure everything was alright, the cool part about it was he was a Forks cop on his way to work so he called in a tow truck from Forks to come get us (oh yeah this all happened on a sunday$$$)
that was a pricey towtruck ride! On the way to Forks while I was in the towtruck, not even a mile down the road a guy spun around and ended up in the ditch and his drift boat didn't look like it was in good shape anymore either, the guy drove past our trucks in the ditch and didn't even stop to make sure we were o.k. He obviously knew it was icy at that point in time but he still had to hurry, and it cost him just like it cost me, thank god nobody was seriously hurt that day. we are all always in such a hurry to get there, it's amazing the effects a steelhead can have on you. I guess my message here is simple its not always the cops you have to look out for, you never know one of these times it could be your life. Is it worth the (MUNCH)! what