Let me give everyone a couple reasons to slow down by relating these two stories...

Just past the Elwah, heading West towards the Lake my buddies and I wer driving the speed limit even and we hit black ice. This was during a period of mild temperatures when no black ice was expected. We just happened to hit a pocket of very cold air which caused the moisture on the ground to freeze. We spun twice and wound up heading directly for a van that had the exact same thing happen to it thirty seconds before us. Luckily we only grazed the van and narrowly missed the people from the van that had to dive out of our way. Had we been going any faster the story would likely have had a much more tragic ending.

I have some friends in Forks that have to commute back and forth to Seattle semi-regularly...on one of their trips they were driving South on 101 on the section of road near the Quinault where the old growths border the road. It was windy and rainy much as it is today. As they drove through this very dark section they were going too fast to notice that one of the OG's had been blown over by the wind and were unable to stop before smashing into the tree at very high speeds. Luckily everyone survived but only by the grace of the fish gods.

I know that road like the back of my hand, forwards and backwards, but I and my girlfriend know so many people whom that road has humbled that I no longer take any chances....

Remember...you can't fish if you are dead.