Quote:
Originally posted by RRR:
I musta missed somethin. How did this turn into a fly fisher v. the other guys?

My philosophy on fishing restrictions are this: Pay now or pay later!! And when you pay later it's always gonna be more expensive!!

You guys really think that hooking mortality on released fish is about equal for bait, artificials and barbed/barbless hooks?

Sincerely,
Roger
eek

Whats the use use "paying" if it does no good! That gives people the false sense that there scientifically unfounded regulations are working while the fish are still disapearing.

Something needs to be done but the state wont do it because it will take away there pocket money!

One of the main problems I have with all closures is they really open it up to poaching!
At least when things are open theres true sports fishermen present to curb poaching.

If you only saw what I have seen you would be crazy with anger at what goes on at "closed" fisheries!

Second I have still to see a study on mortality of fish caught and released on barbed hooks verses barbless hooks!

I have killed just as many if not more fish on barbless hooks.

Just because a fish swims away does not mean it will survive!

If you hook a fish in the tongue gill or through the top of its head its a dead fish, barbed or barbless.

Fish hooked in the upper maxilla lower maxilla or the side of there mouth will live regardless of barbed or de barbed hooks used. but die if they are mis-handled.

So yes I do believe that hooking mortality is about the same. probably even better survival rate for barbed hook fish, seems how in salt water I use bigger hooks than I normally would and commonly skewer shakers throught the top of the head! Not my fault its this states politics.

Did you know it was the commercial and tribal fishermen that pushed for barbless hooks in the first place?

Its amazing how easy people are brainwashed.