I think so many people believe that Iraq was involved because of the superb speech writers in the Bush cabal. I don't remember exactly who, but a noted psychologist pointed out that the words Iraq and 9/11 were used in the same sentences and paragraphs enough times to lead one to believe the context meant they were related. The Bush propoganda machine would make even Joseph Goebbles proud.

After that, I believe what Hermann Goerring said about scaring people into believing they were in danger, and vilifying anyone anti-war comes into play.

As far as using the Armed Forces to remove the head of state, I believe what Bush did was criminal. I believe he should be impeached, and if found guilty he should resign.

Why did we go in the first place? I read the Project for the New American Century and believe the answers are in there. It's more than just coincedence that the authors of that paper are now imployed in the Whitehouse and Pentagon.

I believe the goal is to dominate and colonize the Middle East by first conquering the easiest and most vulnerable country with oil - Iraq. From there it's easy to force our influence on the rest of the Arab countries.