As Elkrun has stated, questioning those in power is what make this country great! This is why I started this discussion, because i told everyone here that there was an underlying agenda going on here. That if they thought that this would bring back all those nates, Then where are they on all of these puget sound rivers? I do not agree with the moratorium. If my rights be infringed, then so should all others. I think it pityfully useless to release a native fish,so that it can be caught in a net.At least i have the option/ability to release this fish ALIVE! I have not joined a fishing group or organization here in washington because most everyone that i have interested in has a very narrow focus. Friends of the Columbia, WSR,TU,WT and so on.What continues to instill outright disbelief is that one group will vote as a block against another. There is so much in fighting that what increases we do make are so small as to be absolutely frustrating.Separation, narrow mindedness and internal infigting makes us an easy target for the commercials and the politicians/council members that could not care less about the little fishermen. We are thought of as weak, no political threat and a hinderance to their true agenda, Getting whatever the commercials want.
I fought with my brother like all life on earth depended on the outcome, but god help anyone that tried to fight one of us. This is the problem simplified, We need to stop the infighting, we need to stop the narrown focus of our each individual goals, and we need to really focus what is good for the resource in general. If we could come together as one group, through consensus find goals, and pick each of those goals in order of our ability to get the concensus of change in our favor, before long, all of our goals would be met, and we would be the major force to be dealt with. No behind the scenes deals with any particular group.None of this stealing from peter (the sportmen) to pay/give to paul (commercial interests).We fight with each other and the commercials are asking that they be able to rape more of our resources to be able to pay for an industry that is on the verge of collapse.I do not buy commercially caught fish and do not allow any commercially caught endangered fish to be eaten in my house. I feel that if you are doing these things you are providing more money for the commercials to take more of our resource from us, thus delaying the collapse of that industry and denying my right to fish for my family.
I wish i knew who said it but i will end this note with what someone smarter than i said,"We have seen the enemy, and the enemy is us"

The idea of a middle class life is slowly drifting away as each and every day we realize that our nation is becoming more of a corporatacracy.

I think name-calling is the right way to handle this one/Dan S

We're here from the WDFW and we're here to help--Uhh Ohh!