I didn't say the whole of the population shirked its duty, I said chickenhawks do. You must not understand the definition of a chickenhawk or you wouldn't throw FDR in the discussion.

Also, your education numbers are interesting in that college experienced civilians to DOD is 45/10. Yet HS diploma civilian/DOD is 73/100. And why is that relevant to why kids join?

And did you consider that most DOD enlistees join right out of HS thereby not having an opportunity to attend college? Plus given the increased optempo of the last decade the opportunity to attend college while on active duty are slim.

"Lets just not pretend that they all sign up to save the world."

Precisely my point all along. So let's not pretend that they are anxious for the opportunity to go somewhere and die for reasons that have turned out to be false all along. Let's not pretend that the military is happy about being mislead into an unjust war. And let's not pretend that sitting in front of a keyboard waving a flag is any comfort or motivation to them.

"I would see their ASVAB AFQT AFCT scores as part of their resume ...'

Hmmm, I've looked at many, many resumes from retired miltary in the IT industry and NO ONE has ever, ever put their ASVAB score in their resume. After 20+ years of experience why would that score be relevant now? That score simply gives insight to the educational experience a kid has had PRIOR to formal military training; what he/she learned in HS.