I took my first deer with a 1903 Springfield, second with an M1 Garand (that is a heavy rifle), somewhere between 3 and 10 I took deer with my SKS, an M1A in 7.62x51, and my Enfield No. 2 also in 7.62x51 (.308).

I'm having an upper built for my AR-15 in .458 SOCOM. Short squatty little round with ballistics a lot like the .45-70, with the abilitly to push a 300g bullet out at 1900-2100 FPS.

Here's what they look like.

As soon as I get some brass and other components I'll load a few and show what they look like compared to a .223 Rem.

I also would like an upper in the new 6.8SPC of 6.5 Grendel, and a .25 WSSM to go along with my match grade .223 flat-top and my 5.56x45 HBAR A2 uppers.

Remember how the T/C Encore revolutionized the multi caliber handgun? Well, the AR-15's modular design allows this, but in a semi auto platform. There are also lots of options in relation to stock, magazines, handguards, and such, but instead of having to go to just one or two companies, there are literally hundreds of companies who cater to the AR market.

Edited by Dogfish (03/17/07 10:50 PM)

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.