Like I said bighog...if you agree with this then you don't mind if I stop by and search your house any time I feel like it. You have nothing to hide so you shouldn't mind. And if I can get a large enough group together we can search all of the houses all of the time and we'll irradicate almost everything especially the very freedom this country was founded on.
After all an awful lot of people seem to get killed in their own homes and often times alcohol or drug related. If it saves just one person.
BTW, I do think that some become cops for the power trip. But that's not what I meant. I meant law enforcement and politicians work in concert for more power. Law enforcement under the guise of more power to catch the bad guys and politicians wringing their hands over how much revenue the fines will bring in. And checkpoints will generate a lot of little fines like seat belts, equipment, etc. I wonder if we can start confiscation like Florida so the police can target expensive cars and leave my truck alone.