Originally Posted By: Salmonella

I have no doubt that they would find the biggest spike in the unit.
Dislike them as you may, they are VERY good at what they do....

Sal you need to load the boy up and make a trip up here to witness the march of the rifle carrying pumpkins. We call it our modern firearm elk season. In the most popular eastern WA units; regular joe can only shoot a spike bull. If you are lucky enough to draw a special permit for a bull or cow, your chances are a bit better. The season is only a week long capped by the weekends. By the last weekend the herds have been pushed, herded, scared, and ran up and down every frickin mountain in the east cascades. Usually they are nowhere to be found. They are in that magical spot where no hunters go. I would actually like to see if those mossback F'ers could pull it off.

I looked at their website. Wow, those are some magnificent animals. I couldn't help but notice there is a group photo for every kill. My best guess is that they have the hunter sit still in an area and the rest of the F sticks herd the critters to him.

Here is my rant on the gov's tag. I know a few people who work for WDFW. They had a picture of the bull that was taken with the WA gov tag . Really nice bull, they said potential new state record. The bad thing is that a bowhunter, who had drawn one of the very few bull tags for that area, had been scouting this bull for a very long time. He was actually there scouting the day the mob of guys showed up to kill this bull. Can you imagine how this guy felt when he found out that some rich [censored] paid out the ass to get into the area before anyone else had a chance (with a rifle noless).

j7 2012