Originally Posted By: Salmonella
Is it the money thing or the guide thing? Or both?

I understand the dislike of the guide gang thing for sure.

Guided fisheremen are buying their way to success too wouldn't you say?

Both.

I've never once hunted with a guide. I never will. I have only fished with a guide once. I don't like having my hand held to do anything. I will say that at least the fisherman that chooses to go guided is relagated to the willingness of the fish to participate. No so with hunting. These Mossyback dudes remind me of Marshall Stockburn and his deputies gunning down the guy in the move Unforgiven. What chance did he have? Where does it end? One of those professional guys hobbling a few of those "trophys" and then calling checkbook boy in for the kill? Who F'n knows. I just know it's not for me and I don't respect the mentality.

The method in which this "team" of experts uses to find and kill these trophys is essentially "party hunting," which is specifically prohibited in the regulations and is illegal. I'm not sure how the state justifies it for the GT. These guys fan out over all the ridges in prime habit and glass for biggest animal they can find, watch it bed down and radio back the coordinates to the trigger-man, who ambles in at day break and goes "BANG." Add to that they are doing it with an "out-of-season" pass. I wouldn't have my picture taken with such an animal reguardless of how big it was.

Edited by Sol (10/03/08 01:28 PM)