Originally Posted By: BroodBuster
The biggest difference between today and 1994 is that the Supreme Court ruled in favor of indiviuals rights to keep and bear arms in Wa. DC v Heller. There is a real legal question of an "assault weopons ban" even being constitutional.

Of course there is also the usual liberal special intrests conflict ie union members are great liberals but also hunters while anti gun nuts are also good little liberals. Always a challange for Dem's to keep each little interest group happy. My guess is that Obama is working with the NRA on these "press releases" in an effort to keep each special interest group in the money. So until I see a law before Congress this is all a lot to do about nothing. If I've learned one thing over the last 20 years is that never listen to what politicians say but look at their actions. In this case it's all just talk now.

As for the so called "assault weopons" my experiance tells me they are a good thing to have around. I just purchased a .308 Marlin Express lever action rifle. Been breaking in the barral and getting the scope sighted in. So here I have a non sub MOA rifle that is shooting MOA type groups while the whole time being surrounded by dozen of AR-15 type rifles being shot by clowns that are lucky to even hit paper at 100 yards. Damnedist thing I've watched. Their all stunned when I pack up after three rounds when they've got 100 rounds left to attempt to get their rifle sighted in. I say keep selling them!

Is whats funny about this is that I am a union member and work with union members every day. Because they are union they should consider themselves as liberal, but becuase of the gun issue, many of these guys consider themselves conservative and make fun of liberals. To tell them they are liberals would grounds for a tongue thrashing.