Went back up to Green Mtn 3 days ago and caught almost 5 gals, ate some and froze some, and went again yesterday with son, we caught them again, almost 5 gal apiece, freezer is getting a work out. Here are some directions to get you close. Take Holly Rd towards Union, turn left on Lake Tahuya Rd near Lake Symington, for about a mile maybe a little more to gravel rd on left with metal gate. Walk up the main rd till you cross a creek and start uphill, you will see a clearcut on right. Anywhere from this clearcut up to the lookout will have mushrooms. I have been picking in the area;s that have been thinned but there are better spots. I have found some white chantrells there as well but not many........good hunting, wear hunter orange, hunting season is on and lets hear about your success with the mushrooms or furry critters.....those of you that might come over to Kitsap for either, don't forget a bucket for a winters supply of huckleberries.....Green Mountain has a bumper crop and the bushes are full and ripe.......I already have about 5 gals of huckleberries so a 5 gal batch of huckleberri wine will happen this winter...........

Edited by N W Panhandler (10/02/10 09:23 PM)