There are aspects of taxes that piss me off as much as the next guy. "Hidden Taxes" was mentioned. Our state has the "opt out" parks tax that is collected unless you say "NO". Something terribly wrong with a government that uses sneak thief tactics. It is opportunistic in the extreme...."Oh, ha ha ha, you made a mistake. That'll be ten bucks, please." And the folks who created it want your respect....really. rolleyes

You/Me/We are the State's milk cows....nothing more, nothing less. Get used to it. And they don't give a hoot whether or not you have chaffed tits, they're gonna yank on 'em some more.

I posted before that the way the budget will be balanced is to make everyone an outlaw. Are you starting to believe it yet?

And on just a little different note, the Feds don't have to balance the budget, so there are NO LIMITS to the amount THEY can collect. Think about that. At least at the County and State levels, the budget has to be balanced, so there is a given number that has to be reached.

I don't like long posts, so I'll shut up (go ahead, say it smile )

One more thing....If Seniors get tax breaks because they only make $35K, then so should anyone regardless of age. What we have going is age descrimination in reverse. Where's the break that 35 year old working Joe and his 35 year old working wife get who have a mobile home and 3 kids and only make 40K/year combined? Seniors are needy, but so are others who don't get a break.....what's wrong with that picture?

Done. Done.