Originally Posted By: redhook

1, federal law always trumps state law, or city law..

Incorrect. Depends on the type of land and what type of jurisdiction applies. On federal land, a federal agencies will have either exclusive, concurrent (with the state or fellow agency) or proprietary jurisdiction, which means some measure of both the state's and typical federal authority depending on what was agreed upon in the state/federal dealings.

On state land, federal agencies have no area based jurisdiction, but may have some measure of subject matter jurisdiction, such as US Fish and Wildlife Service agents enforcing applicable endangered species or fish and game regulations etc.

When in doubt, read the state regs.

2, state patrol and WDFW are FEDERAL agents..

Uh, federal means works for the federal government. State patrol and Washington Dept of Fish and Wildlife are state agencies, not federal.

3, if its legal to hunt with a rifle, in that area, no city "no shooting zone" would apply, because a federal agengy has opened a season on said animal with said weapon..

It doesn't sounds like you are referencing an area that would be federally controlled, but more likely state, county, or city, not sure how it works down there. Even so, more often than not, federal agencies will adopt city and state regs when they don't have a law on point that addresses a given issue. In areas of exclusive or concurrent jurisdiction, federal agencies have the authority to adopt and state regulations as their own and typically do.

Regardless, nothing wrong with reporting a legal kill to enforcement agencies. I think it is often good for them to interact with legal hunters as well as illegal ones, you know, just to make sure all is well.

EZ Thread Yarn Balls

"I don't care how you catch them, as long as you treat them well and with respect." Lani Waller in "A Steelheader's Way."