Originally Posted By: AuntyM
Originally Posted By: stlhead
Case in point....I am insured through one of the largest corps in the world and we used to have some of the best insurance as well. Now we have one of the worst as not only the majority of costs has been passed on to the employee but even the handling of claims which is a nightmare at times. My wife works for a local small firm and has the same insurance company. Most of her costs are paid via the company and she pays a co pay and that's it. We both saw the same Doc at the same clinic. My share of the cost almost $200. Her's $13.

Will having to pay for health care hurt small businesses? Sure unless they pass the cost on to the employee. But why do you expect the tax payer to pick up that tab?

The provisions for lower income people to be covered that can't afford healthcare coverage has to be paid for by someone. Who do you think that someone is? It won't be the employer. Not only will more of your own costs be paid by you, you'll be paying for others coverage as well. A double whammy of unintended consequences.

I already pay for low income people who can't afford insurance and so does anyone who pays taxes. At least now it will be at a contracted rate.